i got in a car accident. how much should i get paid?

i got in an accident last month in oakland on international and it was the #@**# who hit me fault but i didnt exchange any info with here on the scene becauseshe was out of it and left in an ambulance. so the police say i have to wait for the police report to get her info which should take 7- 10 days but it takes amonth instead. now i have a full time job about 20 miles from home and i go to school full time so ive been forced to go around on public transportation for awhole month which isnt easy or cheaper then having a car. ive missed work and school because of this
i finally talked to her insurance yesterday and they accepted liability and said the would pay me.

my 93 integra is totaled worth about 2500
ive spent a lot of money on bus and bart in the month
my reputation at work is that im never on time
im behind in my classes
cant get a rental because im under 21

how much should i get paid or be asking for from her insurance

Get on the bus earlier and you'll be on time. Get around your situation, stop complaining about it.

damn man, get your life straight
smh.gif

get off NT and hit the books and start getting to work on time

two first posts are not needed i went to work everyday but your going to be late no matter what when buses run once an hour and you have to hike half a milebut its cool i konw your probably some rich kids never had a struggle

im asking how much should i be paid in pain and suffering for going through all that not if you think its a big deal or not

so exactly how money did they say they would pay? if its 2500 then thats right.....might as well hold on to it and save and try to get another whip

Get a lawyer, and go for the max. I'm still kind of mad I didn't go hard enough on the company who "fixed" my breaks and almost killed me, infact I came out of all of it having lost money and now driving a damaged car. If I were more litigous and opportunistic and had hired one of those sleezy tvlawyers, I probably could have gotten thousands and put them out of business

Your classes and work problems probably won't factor in. The insurance companies are looking at actual damages or medical bills. If you were planning onsuing her then that would be a different situation.

Originally Posted by THIZZLE WIGLE

two first posts are not needed i went to work everyday but your going to be late no matter what when buses run once an hour and you have to hike half a mile but its cool i konw your probably some rich kids never had a struggle

im asking how much should i be paid in pain and suffering for going through all that not if you think its a big deal or not

No, your also complaining about being seen as a late person at work and how your behind in your classes. You just need to step your life up and leave EARLY andDO your school work. This is an easy out for an excuse, you need to step your life up fam for real.
tired.gif

you're not getting anything from the insurance company, brah. you'll get money for the car and medical expenses. thats it.

sue her. you'll get bank.

how much are her assets? if shes in the same position as you, you sol.

and at your age, you don't need to go through the headache/time of lawsuit. just finish school and you'll be ok.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

how much are her assets? if shes in the same position as you, you sol.

and at your age, you don't need to go through the headache/time of lawsuit. just finish school and you'll be ok.
this

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

two first posts are not needed i went to work everyday but your going to be late no matter what when buses run once an hour and you have to hike half a mile but its cool i konw your probably some rich kids never had a struggle

No, your also complaining about being seen as a late person at work and how your behind in your classes. You just need to step your life up and leave EARLY and DO your school work. This is an easy out for an excuse, you need to step your life up fam for real.
tired.gif
Word, my brother used to leave mad early to take the bus to school.

Yeah get a lawyer. If you have a lawyer usually they will hand over the property damage check asap, in your case just the 2500 for you car.

You don't seem to have any medical problems, but the lawyer would more than likely get them to settle with you.

First you have to figure out if hiring a lawyer and going through the whole legal process is going to be worth the time/money

You will only get paid for the car.....and 2500 sounds kinda high for a 93 Integra. And unless you went to the hospital or saw a doctor for an injury, you willNOT get paid for any injury. Did you speak to the insurance adjuster? Did you tell them you were injured in any way? The police officer in the police reportwill also state if you claimed you were injured. You will most likely not get paid for lost wages because it seems like you are 'ok to perform normal dailytasks'. And last I heard, public transportation IS cheaper than having a car. Don't bother getting a lawyer. Honestly, a lawyer hearing this will tellyou to take the money the insurance offers you and be on your way.

And realistically, don't fall into that mentality like 'you are gonna get paid' cuz more than likely, this event has and will effect you negativelyfinancially. You're out a car now, so the only thing you'll be able to afford is another early 90s import. In all honesty, good luck. This experiencesucks, but you just gotta suck it up and realize that $h!7 happens.

"cant get a rental because im under 21 "

I eventually found one when I was in an accident. I was twenty at the time. If you have insurance through your parents, you can find a company that will letyou drive a car.

my 93 integra is totaled worth about 2500
ive spent a lot of money on bus and bart in the month
my reputation at work is that im never on time
im behind in my classes
cant get a rental because im under 21

how much should i get paid or be asking for from her insurance
The 25hundred is just... but you trying to get reparations for the rest of that stuff just sounds like you're trying to put the blame of yourown responsibilities else where, and/or trying to milk the situation for money to the fullest.

getting into an accident with someone with $$$$ or even a house w savings + being injured(stated on the police report if you have one) is different than beingin an accident with a woman who holds two jobs, renting an apt, who lives paycheck to paycheck + you not being injured.

not sure all the details about your situation. but just as everyone said - you're just going to get paid whatever insurance coverage limits she purchasedregarding auto.

oh and as far as rental, you can ask her insurance to provide that for you if she is at fault.

Back
Top Bottom