I hate running...

I am extremely flat footed and my feet start to hurt after a quarter mile.  I ride my bike as a substitute but I understand running is the most effective anyone got any solutions?

I am extremely flat footed and my feet start to hurt after a quarter mile.  I ride my bike as a substitute but I understand running is the most effective anyone got any solutions?

I can't run. I have some sort of syndrome that causes my legs to itch like HELL after like 10 mins. After that, I have to stop. I ride my bike though.

But the thing is, it doesn't happen if I am playing ball. It only happens when I run outside man. I don't understand.

I can't run. I have some sort of syndrome that causes my legs to itch like HELL after like 10 mins. After that, I have to stop. I ride my bike though.

But the thing is, it doesn't happen if I am playing ball. It only happens when I run outside man. I don't understand.

look up your local podiatrist and schedule a fitting for orthothics.  then you can run to your heart's delight

look up your local podiatrist and schedule a fitting for orthothics.  then you can run to your heart's delight

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Have you tried running in jogging pants or long tights? 

Have you tried running in jogging pants or long tights? 

Running isn't the only cardio exercise you can do. In fact. a lot of people dislike running because it's boring.

You can do other things like shuttle runs, jumping exercises, stairs, stationary bike or rowing.

Or you can participate in high activity sports like swimming, boxing, basketball, etc...

btw.. i'm not a fitness expert

Running isn't the only cardio exercise you can do. In fact. a lot of people dislike running because it's boring.

You can do other things like shuttle runs, jumping exercises, stairs, stationary bike or rowing.

Or you can participate in high activity sports like swimming, boxing, basketball, etc...

btw.. i'm not a fitness expert

Play full court basketball. That's what I do.

I don't like running. I find it extremely boring and tedious, more annoying than helpful despite being able to run for a few hrs while trying to occupy myself.

Play full court basketball. That's what I do.

I don't like running. I find it extremely boring and tedious, more annoying than helpful despite being able to run for a few hrs while trying to occupy myself.

Originally Posted by amel223

by far the greatest invention in my life athletically.
if i didn't have orthodics, i would still be wearing heavy ankle braces, and Icing my feet after long days of running. 

Originally Posted by amel223

by far the greatest invention in my life athletically.
if i didn't have orthodics, i would still be wearing heavy ankle braces, and Icing my feet after long days of running. 

eek.gif

That !+!# happens to me too. I figured it was either my socks or shoes, even when I would run on the treadmill it would happen. IDK, it has happened in a while though.

To OP, I've never been a "runner," I prefer to ride my bike or play basketball to stay in shape, but I can say a good pair of running shoes and music is good motivation to run. I acutally ran in a 5K this past Saturday and finished in 34 minutes. It isn't a world record Kenyan time, but I was proud of myself for at least finishing at running most of the way.

eek.gif

That !+!# happens to me too. I figured it was either my socks or shoes, even when I would run on the treadmill it would happen. IDK, it has happened in a while though.

To OP, I've never been a "runner," I prefer to ride my bike or play basketball to stay in shape, but I can say a good pair of running shoes and music is good motivation to run. I acutally ran in a 5K this past Saturday and finished in 34 minutes. It isn't a world record Kenyan time, but I was proud of myself for at least finishing at running most of the way.

Originally Posted by Cubay

Find out what running shoes have the best cushioning for your foot and running style.
I couldn't run before because I had the wrong shoes and my feet would kill me.  Now I can run with minimal foot pain.  In fact, I went for a 5am run today.  I'll probably get better shoes when mine finally break down.

Originally Posted by Cubay

Find out what running shoes have the best cushioning for your foot and running style.
I couldn't run before because I had the wrong shoes and my feet would kill me.  Now I can run with minimal foot pain.  In fact, I went for a 5am run today.  I'll probably get better shoes when mine finally break down.

Originally Posted by romedadude

eek.gif

Could be something completely different but if it only happens occasionally, I learned that when exercising without the adequate hydration and nutrition your body uses glutatmic acid as fuel and when it does it causes that prickly feeling in your legs when you run/exercise. 
If you're getting that feeling soon after you start running when you should have plenty left in the tank, that could be what it is.

Back
Top Bottom