I Have a BIG Problem With The Hype on Griffeys

This is the worst rant I have ever heard! These shoes are flat out awesome regardless of the fact that the player that there inspired by plays baseball. Itdoesn't even look like a baseball shoe, it could pass as a basketball shoe with the air max cushioning. Its not like people who hate baseball are all of asudden buying baseball cleats! These are a great all around shoe from someone who's stardom was peaking at the time. Plus, it seems like your a baseballfan and the release of this shoe could bring more attention to the sport of people who wouldn't necessarily watch it.

How many people are going to buy just because they like baseball? I actually like baseball but im from seattle and its all about what Ken Griffey Jr. meant tome when i was a kid. It helps that shoes are amazing though lol.

I love baseball, but never cared for the griffeys. The OG's looked cool, but something I would never wear casually. I wont be feeding the hype for theRetros. LOL.

I don't like watching baseball either, but love to play the game. Regardless, the shoes are hot and I agree that Griffey is one of the best ever.

baseball is boring but im still getting them
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

Yes NT, I'm mad. Lotta the people wanting the Griffeys so badly are the same people saying "ugh baseball sucks", "baseball is boring", "baseball is not a sport". so why the hell would you want a signature shoe from one of the greatest baseball players of all time? It's like saying you hate basketball but you buy Jordans, it's ******ed and hypocrtical. There should be a test you need to write about Griffey before purchasing the shoes to screw over all the hypebeasts and people who don't even care about Griffey/baseball.
People are gonna buy whatever they want. Do you think Nike cares if they know anything about Griffey or baseball. Jordans are the same way. Somedudes don't even know what number they're wearing. BTW Elijah Dukes is that dude
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Manglor

In my opinion baseball is booooring to watch but fun to play.

I'm from seattle so I have always liked Griffey and I always will.

The whole gettin mad cause people are buyin a shoe for a sport they don't play is stupid.

How many people here buy SB's but don't skate?

A lot.

How many wear old school runnin shoes on a daily basis but don't run?

A lot.

How many new colorways of jordan 1's have been droppin regardless of the fact no one hoops in them anymore?

A lot.

I buy lots of really cool basketball shoes yet I stay hoopin in 2k3's and lebron 2's for the last 5 years.

You honestly think cause people don't like baseball they should be excluded from some cool shoes?

That is ridiculous.

agreed

baseball sucks, but a hot shoe is a hot shoe. Why does that #$*% have to be exclusive to baseball fan. These were a pair of shoes i couldn't get my handson when i was younger and know that i got the funds i'm raping Nike Retro until they stop.

Originally Posted by Manglor

In my opinion baseball is booooring to watch but fun to play.

I'm from seattle so I have always liked Griffey and I always will.

The whole gettin mad cause people are buyin a shoe for a sport they don't play is stupid.

How many people here buy SB's but don't skate?

A lot.

How many wear old school runnin shoes on a daily basis but don't run?

A lot.

How many new colorways of jordan 1's have been droppin regardless of the fact no one hoops in them anymore?

A lot.

I buy lots of really cool basketball shoes yet I stay hoopin in 2k3's and lebron 2's for the last 5 years.

You honestly think cause people don't like baseball they should be excluded from some cool shoes?

That is ridiculous.

well put...
pimp.gif

ummmm.....it was a CROSS-TRAINER, therefore people who thought/think baseball sucks can enjoy the shoe without having to suffer through the sport of baseballif they dont like it.

i will co-sign on that, griffey is one of the best, and so are his shoes, i'm kinda excited bout him possibly finishing his career with the mariners

i agree. i grew up in seattle rocking griffey jerseys and loving the mariners. now all these fools who just want the shoe because they are hyped? whf is upwith that. i can't even cop a pair of the favorite baseball player's signature shoe? dang.

Originally Posted by Sallymander

The only reason i am copping these is because when I was in 3rd or 4th grade I had these shoes and loved them.
Same here fam.

Back
Top Bottom