I have a small assignment for you VOL. Happiness

Are you going to do it?

• Nah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yep

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Okay, I have a small assignment for you guys. It is said to make you happier, by Martin Seligman.

Your task is to write a letter saying thank-you to anyone who had a positive influence on your childhood. Whether it be your mother, an old teacher, or even the mail man, write a letter of thanks. A good letter, not just "thank you, bye." 

It is said to make you happier as well as the recipient. 
Positive psychologist Dr. Martin Seligman worked with 411 people on positive psychology interventions. When people were asked to write a letter of gratitude to someone who had never been properly thanked for his or her kindness, participants exhibited a huge increase in happiness scores (and a decrease in scores on a depression scale) immediately afterward.  The impact was greater than any other exercise in Seligman’s study.  Benefits lasted for a months and it didn’t matter if the people you wrote to were alive.
So NT, if you are up to the challenge, go for it. 

I have written two so far, and I am going to mail them out soon. 

(NT detectives could help you find hard addresses)

IMO gratitude is an essential emotion in life. We all have someone to be grateful and something to be grateful about.

Im in
JK. Way too much work

I sent an email to my economics proffesor from my 1st semester of college. He was a great teacher and was the reason I chose to be an economy major. I sent it about a month ago (after 6 years). He was greatful about it. I believe it was his first semester teaching too

Lazy bums 
laugh.gif

Just thinking back I have a lot to be thankful for. I've gotten by with a lot of crazy ish because people helped me when they didn't have to. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom