I have so many questions about how to ride a sports bike....

W)taps

formerly worldgonemad
And I dont want to use google because I want to learn from NT'ers who have ridden safely for a while if you ever crashed then please explain why you crashed.

I have no idea how to ride a motor bike (obviously) but it looks complicated with all the clutch, shifting gears, brakes, etc...

I dont even know what the heck a clutch is or shifting gears. Doesn't clutch just kill the power of the bike and allows you to switch gears?

Also, isn't there two breaks that you need to press? Why the heck is there two brakes. Why cant it be like a bicycle and have one brake?

Plus, why do you need to let go of the clutch SLOWLY and start the throttle SLOWLY to start? Why cant you just throttle slowly in the first place?

Like an electric scooter...

Or just brake and throttle. You know? Like, why is the clutch even there making things more complicated?

Im so confused...

Also, im scared im going to crash and die or some douche bag driver is going to mow me down on the highway....

I also want one of those bad *** helmets. 
pimp.gif

Lastly, how the heck do you even practice on a motorcycle?

Is there like a permit for it? But for a car permit you can drive as long as you have someone next to you who has a full license basically.

If there isn't a permit, isnt it basically illegal to drive to your local testing spot on your motorcycle????

Last edited:
MSF (motorcylce safety foundation) course is your best friend...i had never ridden either but learned over a weekend on a closed course,

learned enough to pass the vehicle test and got my license...

Last edited:
RR =Rough riders i met the west coast founder, mag , hes a cool guy

Op take a msf course and learn

I crashed ma dirtbike in the summer broke a wrist and it wasnt fun. Be safe papi

Last edited:

I crashed ma dirtbike in the summer broke a wrist and it wasnt fun. Be safe papi
So like is it like a gang or something?

also, how did you break it? were you going too fast?

So like is it like a gang or something?

also, how did you break it? were you going too fast?
Its a motorcycle club

I was driving reckless and wanted to avoid a car so i breaked so hard i lost control and got whipped off the bike into the air

Its a motorcycle club

I was driving reckless and wanted to avoid a car so i breaked so hard i lost control and got whipped off the bike into the air
wait, arent dirt bikes illegal to ride on the street? smh u was breaking the law in the furst place

RR=Race Ready...Basically track oriented bikes that are street legal.

You have a lot to learn btw...I suggest watching Twist of the Wrist II by Keith Code for starters that way you get a general idea of how motorcycles work.

is a kawasaki 250r a rr?

thanks for the vid as well but honestly 20 min in to it and i felt like those tips are meant for people who wanna go fast and do some crazy highway stuff lol.

i just wanna ride my bike locally, commute to school (no highways) and go to my local grocery store when mama needs some vegetables for dinner

RR=Race Ready...Basically track oriented bikes that are street legal.
View media item 822948

You have a lot to learn btw...I suggest watching Twist of the Wrist II by Keith Code for starters that way you get a general idea of how motorcycles work.

is a kawasaki 250r a rr?

thanks for the vid as well but honestly 20 min in to it and i felt like those tips are meant for people who wanna go fast and do some crazy highway stuff lol.

i just wanna ride my bike locally, commute to school (no highways) and go to my local grocery store when mama needs some vegetables for dinner

Just get a 250cc then.

Or get a Vespa.

You don't want to use google? No. Google. Search up some motorcycle SPECIFIC forums. You'll probably get more answers there.

Last edited:
Just get a 250cc then.

Or get a Vespa.

You don't want to use google? No. Google. Search up some motorcycle SPECIFIC forums. You'll probably get more answers there.
whats the difference between a 250cc and a 250r? i dont want a rr bike. i dont want to die

breh, i live in pg too. how's insurance for a 20 yr old mang like me? maybe u should teach me for free and let me ride ya bike 

Oh word? I would if I could brah, but my engine blew out last summer (ninja 250). In the process of getting a new bike.
I'm 21 and when I called around, insurance asking for around mid $100 if I remember correctly.
But I def recommend taking the course at PGCC. They provide you with a bike, teach you everything and give you the motorcycle test where if you pass then, you get your license ASAP. Plus it lowers your insurance.

Oh word? I would if I could brah, but my engine blew out last summer (ninja 250). In the process of getting a new bike.
I'm 21 and when I called around, insurance asking for around mid $100 if I remember correctly.
But I def recommend taking the course at PGCC. They provide you with a bike, teach you everything and give you the motorcycle test where if you pass then, you get your license ASAP. Plus it lowers your insurance.
Haha i was just joking about you letting me ride your bike. I dont want to crash it lol.

But thanks a lot for the info. I was looking at msf and did see pgcc. 
pimp.gif

Brah my bike ain't nothing. It was a 250. I was teaching all types of ppl on it. I ain't care if anybody dropped that joint. Already got into 2 accidents, almost 3 with that thang. Fairings were all cracked and scratched, so it def wouldn't have been a problem fam.

Just get a 250cc then.

Or get a Vespa.

whats the difference between a 250cc and a 250r? i dont want a rr bike. i dont want to die

If you're just looking at Kawasaki's

The Kawasaki 250 is a 250cc bike.
The 300 is a 300cc bike.

so on ...

The clutch is there for you to shift. Look at a manual transmission car. They have clutches as well.

Last edited:
breh, i live in pg too. how's insurance for a 20 yr old mang like me? maybe u should teach me for free and let me ride ya bike 
I live in the DMV also...The only thing that held me from getting a bike was insurance. But I have like 5 speeding tickets and 3 accidents on my driving record in the past 5 years so insurance was ridiculous, I'm talking about $300 a month for full coverage for a CBR600RR, and that was a quote from State Farm...I turned 25 this year so now I'm looking at about $100 a month for full coverage which isn't that bad, hopefully I'll get a bike before the summer begins.

You should check out the Ninja 250R...Very beginner friendly and perfect for what you want to use it for. 250cc and 250R are the same thing, the R just has a sportier look to it.

Ninja 250:
View media item 823698
Ninja 250R:
View media item 823699

Last edited:
It's not nearly as complicated as it seems, you just have to get on a bike and figure it out.

You'll have it down in a few days at most, I had it down after my 1st day @ MSF.

It doesn't have 1 break like a bicycle because your bicycle isn't capable of doing 150+, :lol:

Just take the MSF course and you'll be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom