"I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell" Appreciation Vol. READ IT

Discussion in 'General' started by nine point five, Mar 13, 2009.

1. nine point five

nine point five Banned

Late yes, but I swear this is the funniest book I've ever read, and reread, and reread. The Embassy Suites storymade me laugh so hard I thought I was gonna cough up my spleen. The author is Tucker Max, if you have any semblance of a sense of humor do yourself a favor andget this book.

M!ke

2. jeyel

jeyel

3. LOLOMGWTFBBQ

LOLOMGWTFBBQ

I have the book in my car [​IMG]

Appreciated

4. JD617

JD617

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  5. yoda

yoda

Same..I got it in Salt Lake City and read half of it from there back to NYC.

I literally almost crapped myself reading it.

6. ashleythetall

ashleythetall

got this book maybe a year and a half ago. literally bought it, opened it, and couldnt put it down. hilarious.

i think theyre making a movie semi based on his antics?

funny nonetheless

7. uncalled4boy

uncalled4boy

I Might Have To Cop This Book, Jus Read The Sushi Story...CLASSIC[​IMG]

How Old Is This Book?[​IMG]

8. ill legal operation

ill legal operation

!++# is funny as hell.

9. and i love it

and i love it

Heard about the movie as well. And book is funny. [​IMG]

10. kicks67

kicks67

one of only two books i have fully read through. The other is watch men. save your [​IMG] its good and yes better than the movie.

11. cwrite78

cwrite78

i found it really entertaining. i know his friend wrote one also about being a lawyer. It's called Happy Hour Is for Amateurs: A Lost Decade in theWorld's Worst Profession... has anybody read it? if so, is it as funny/good as tucker's?

12. demonbasketball04

demonbasketball04

I read EVERY sotry on his web site, even the not-so-funny ones. Is the book all those stories, or is there more stories not on his web site that are in thebook?! If so, I might have to pick up a copy. Tucker Max is **%#@+ hilarious!

13. nine point five

nine point five Banned

to answer your guys' questions, i believe most of the stories in the book are exclusive to the book and not found onthe site, but I could be wrong. also, he has a movie in the works and has appeared on some MTV show a few years ago. this dude is my hero, seriously. his lifesounds like so much fun [​IMG]

PS the book was published in 2006 for the guy that asked

M!ke

14. kiddin like jason

kiddin like jason

15. zeus23

zeus23

That's not something I mention to people.
    I lol'd

16. crumbs

crumbs

great book...made me laugh crazy a good 5-6 yrs ago

17. stunner157

stunner157

hilarious.
    movie is in the works. he updates on tuckermax.com once in a while.
    what's up with the next book he is supposed to put out?
    i just read IHTSBIH last night on the can. LOL

18. dcfeelsme

dcfeelsme

disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable,and just generally act like a raging dickhead. But, I do contribute to humanity in one very important way: I share my adventures with the world.
    -from the Introduction

Actual reader feedback:

"I am completely baffled as to how you can congratulate yourself for being a womanizer and a raging drunk, or think anyone cares about an idiot like you.Do you really think that exploiting the insecurities of others while getting wasted is a legitimate thing to offer?"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you-for sharing with us your wonderful tales of drunken revelry, for teaching me what it means to be a man, for just existingso I know that there is another option; I too can say `screw the system' and be myself and have fun. My life truly began when I finished reading yourstories. Now, when faced with a quandary about what course of action I should take, I just ask myself, `What Would Tucker Do?'-and I do it, and I am abetter man for it."

"I find it truly appalling that there are people in the world like you. You are a disgusting, vile, repulsive, repugnant, foul creature. Because of you, Idon't believe in God anymore. No just God would allow someone like you to exist."

"I'll stay with God as my lord, but you are my savior. I just finished reading your brilliant stories, and I laughed so hard I almost vomited. I wantto bring that kind of joy to people. You're an artist of the highest order and a true humanitarian to boot. I'm inboth shock and awe at how much I wantto be you."

"You are the coolest person I can even imagine existing. If you slept with my girlfriend, it'd make me love her more."

19. yep617

yep617

read it a few years ago, gave it a glance in the bookstore and read the whole thing without leaving. thought it was funny, lol'd through the whole thing.

20. bigtomgetsgwap

bigtomgetsgwap

[​IMG] his stories are amaizing [​IMG]

21. eight2one

eight2one

the site wasted a lot of time...funny stuff tho!

22. sneakerph33n

sneakerph33n

Book is the truth. Awesome read...everyone should check it out.

23. 18key

18key

That was easily the funniest thing I had ever read. Dude running through the lobby had me [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I might add the book to my list, but I feel like I've read enough from the website.

24. DVMNXK

DVMNXK

Hilarious book.

25. malloy19

malloy19

Man this is the best book Ive ever read, the way he tells a story is amazing.. The character "Slingblade" is his book is by far the funniest with hisone-liners. I reccomend this book to EVERYONE :HAT :HAT.