I Just Chris Hanson'd Someone (pic)

dzjbd5.jpg

As a gift to the OP, I will try to translate for NT.

"I have been tracking an email conversation (initiated via Match.com) between a friend of mine and a potential date. I could sense that the potential datewas some sort of scam artist or ID thief, so I used an IP tracker to track his IP. It turns out his IP is from Nigeria. My friend plays along, attempting tosee how far this Nigerian potential date would go. We end up convincing him to send a check and it arrived today. Don't worry, I am notifying thepolice."

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

"I have been tracking an email conversation (initiated via Match.com) between a friend of mine and a potential date. I could sense that the potential date was some sort of scam artist or ID thief, so I used an IP tracker to track his IP. It turns out his IP is from Nigeria. My friend plays along, attempting to see how far this Nigerian potential date would go. We end up convincing him to send a check and it arrived today. Don't worry, I am notifying the police."

thanks
frown.gif

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

"I have been tracking an email conversation (initiated via Match.com) between a friend of mine and a potential date. I could sense that the potential date was some sort of scam artist or ID thief, so I used an IP tracker to track his IP. It turns out his IP is from Nigeria. My friend plays along, attempting to see how far this Nigerian potential date would go. We end up convincing him to send a check and it arrived today. Don't worry, I am notifying the police."

Ah I see.

NO JOKE I SEEN A CHECK LIKE THIS AT WORK THIS MORNING.. WE DIDNT CASH IT.. I HOPE IT WAS NOT THE PAYEE..

IF SO HE OR SHE IS GOING TO JAIL

Originally Posted by sterrett02

NO JOKE I SEEN A CHECK LIKE THIS AT WORK THIS MORNING.. WE DIDNT CASH IT.. I HOPE IT WAS NOT THE PAYEE..

IF SO HE OR SHE IS GOING TO JAIL

sure buddy aint noone going to jail here son

from what i can understand it seems like he sent YOU a check

so where does the scam part come in?

the scam usually works like this: the scammer sends you a check, usually over a declared amount. once you have sent whatever it is they want, they ask you towire/send them the difference.

don't know how this ties in with match.com though.

Back
Top Bottom