I just dont get the hype Vol. No on the kool-aid

for whatever reasons, players that are good and have that potential/hype, but you still aren't a believer. who's on your list?

luol deng- overpaid, glorified mid range shooter. does a lil of everything, but is inconsistent
lamarcus aldridge- poor mans rasheed. needs to get "tougher"
andrew bynum- *puts on flamesuit* the kid got talent, i'm not denying it, but some of ya (lakers fans) make him out to be the next big thing. lets see howhe plays without all that talent surrounding him. he does disappearing acts way too much
sebastian telfair- please stop saying he has POTENTIAL, it's been how many yrs now?

removed from last yr's list- rajon rondo, rodney stuckey

Good question.

I think Stuckey is all about given up on now. I know they are hating themselves in Mo-Town for that decision.

Marcus Aldridge has been doing his thing as of late.

Nah you got it wrong with Bynum.

I'm a fan of him. But problem is Laker fans here on NT ever since his 2nd year in the league have been expecting him to be the 2nd coming of Shaq especially after he got his contract extension which where he actually took less money and didn't get the max. The main problem with Laker fans and Bynum is you see the skills & talent and each year he goes through 5 to 10 game stretches were he will play well and put up double doubles against PF & Centers like Tim Duncan then he suffers a freak injury. Also dude right now is like the 4th or 5th option on offense on this current Laker team which is loaded.

Players that get a ton of HYPE and  have legion of stans on here are which I dont't get why:

T-Mac
Shawn Marion
Will Bynum

One Person IMO...

Shannon Brown.

*Leaves Thread Before Getting Slaughtered By L.A. Fans*

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Will Bynum
Tired of explaing this. People love Will for what he did in HS and College.

Will vs Dockery from preps
Part 1 -
Part 2 -
Part 3 -

Chris Paul, dude is nice i guess but he's the biggest hocake in the league. Im amazed he has fans outside of Hornets fans.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Chris Paul, dude is nice i guess but he's the biggest hocake in the league. Im amazed he has fans outside of Hornets fans.

laugh.gif

Players that get a ton of HYPE and  have legion of stans on here are which I dont't get why:

T-Mac
Shawn Marion
Will Bynum

Co-sign.   

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

T-Mac
Shawn Marion
Will Bynum

Co-sign.   
%%%% outta here with that $+%$@%+%. You may think the man is overrated but whats not to get about his hype? The man has averaged 21 ppg and 6 rpg for his career and is a 2x scoring champion, 7x All-NBA, 7x All-star.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

T-Mac
Shawn Marion
Will Bynum

Co-sign.   
%%%% outta here with that $+%$@%+%. You may think the man is overrated but whats not to get about his hype? The man has averaged 21 ppg and 6 rpg for his career and is a 2x scoring champion, 7x All-NBA, 7x All-star.
Basically. He's over the hill, you two act like people are supposed to forget what he did in the league.

Unless you run with people who think it's still 2003.

Originally Posted by chrome vapors

Originally Posted by DangerousG

T-Mac
Shawn Marion
Will Bynum

Co-sign.   
Basically. He's over the hill, you two act like people are supposed to forget what he did in the league.

Unless you run with people who think it's still 2003.

Oh, and what exactly did he do in the league?

Don't give me none of this stat nonsense toppled with All-Star appearances. When it really mattered, Tracy did not play a style of basketball that helped his team win games (By games I mean in the playoffs, when real basketball is played).

His numbers were merely a reflection of his athleticism, and he holds hardly any of that value if he really propelled his team to win.

So yeah...For someone who values winning above all else, T-Mac was overhyped.

good post because ive been talked about overhyped/garbage guys with my friends for the longest

ray allen - ya hes money with his jumper but very inconsistent... he gots 26 one night but 7 the other night
joe johnson, rashard lewis, baron davis and gilbert arenas - no explanation they just overpaid for no reason and not even top 10 players in the league
zach randolph - dude puts up numbers but is mad selfish once the ball goes to him thats it no passing from him plus his teams are always garbage despite his big numbers
monta ellis - same as zach dudes game is nice but does nothing for the team as far as wins just puts up numbers and thats it
jason richardson - again overpaid and is way too inconsistent and not deserving of his contract
mike dunleavy - guys been hyped up since college and got drafted high but is not worth the high draft pick and is garbage
michael redd - hes just too injury prone and is definitely not deserving of that contract... he had like one or two good years and thats it
richard jefferson and kenyon martin - these guys are definitely overpaid and are garbage... they were good on the nets because of kidd
kirk hinrich - he definitely is overrated he got drafted high and is overpaid but dude cant shoot.... his FG percentage is garbage

Oh, and what exactly did he do in the league?

Don't give me none of this stat nonsense toppled with All-Star appearances. When it really mattered, Tracy did not play a style of basketball that helped his team win games (By games I mean in the playoffs, when real basketball is played).

His numbers were merely a reflection of his athleticism, and he holds hardly any of that value if he really propelled his team to win.
 I'm especially hard on any player I consider soft and that goes for any sport. Tracy is in that category to me.

But I can't rock with completely downplaying individual accomplishments because mentally a player wasn't an MJ or a Kobe come the postseason.  There's an endless list of players who ultimately were nothing aside from individual stats. Some of them were better than others and Tracy is damn high on that list.

Originally Posted by you go boy

good post because ive been talked about overhyped/garbage guys with my friends for the longest

ray allen - ya hes money with his jumper but very inconsistent... he gots 26 one night but 7 the other night
joe johnson, rashard lewis, baron davis and gilbert arenas - no explanation they just overpaid for no reason and not even top 10 players in the league
zach randolph - dude puts up numbers but is mad selfish once the ball goes to him thats it no passing from him plus his teams are always garbage despite his big numbers
monta ellis - same as zach dudes game is nice but does nothing for the team as far as wins just puts up numbers and thats it
jason richardson - again overpaid and is way too inconsistent and not deserving of his contract
mike dunleavy - guys been hyped up since college and got drafted high but is not worth the high draft pick and is garbage
michael redd - hes just too injury prone and is definitely not deserving of that contract... he had like one or two good years and thats it
richard jefferson and kenyon martin - these guys are definitely overpaid and are garbage... they were good on the nets because of kidd
kirk hinrich - he definitely is overrated he got drafted high and is overpaid but dude cant shoot.... his FG percentage is garbage

Okay.

Ray Allen? Son you serious? He's going to become the all-time leader in 3 Point FG's Made by the end of this season at this pace. He has a ring. He has been an All-Star 4+ times if i'm correct. He starts and contributes every night for arguably the NBA's best team. Still No Question the best shooter in the NBA....Bet yet he's overrated?
indifferent.gif

Monta Ellis? What else does the guy have to do while be one of the shortest 2 Guards in the league? Top 5 in scoring, best player on a team that is only 4-5 games back for a 8th seed during a season in which nobody gave GS any chance at the playoffs. Dude is very clutch (Watch his game from last night vs Sac. Kings). The dude is a warrior (No pun intented). Should be in the All-Star game but due to stupid $+# fans voting will not be. But yet he's overrated right? Okay.

Michael Redd? Did son really say Michael Redd? Your the 1st human in the solar system that still thinks about this gut huh? Who %%$$#@% cares if he's overrated or not? Dude hasn't played in 30+ games in like 3-4 years. I would have felt prouder if you had put Mugsy Bouges on this list bro. Bet yet you wonder if he's overrated or not?  Okay.

Originally Posted by DMan14

for whatever reasons, players that are good and have that potential/hype, but you still aren't a believer. who's on your list?

luol deng- overpaid, glorified mid range shooter. does a lil of everything, but is inconsistent
lamarcus aldridge- poor mans rasheed. needs to get "tougher"
andrew bynum- *puts on flamesuit* the kid got talent, i'm not denying it, but some of ya (lakers fans) make him out to be the next big thing. lets see howhe plays without all that talent surrounding him. he does disappearing acts way too much
sebastian telfair- please stop saying he has POTENTIAL, it's been how many yrs now?

removed from last yr's list- rajon rondo, rodney stuckey
ya bumped my thread thats almost one year old?
laugh.gif

i owe lamarcus an apology, dude is putting in work without roy
laugh.gif

rodney stuckey you are back on the list,
laugh.gif

as far as monta, dude is a complete scorer and pretty damn efficient.  look at the players that surround him
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

Okay.

Ray Allen? Son you serious? He's going to become the all-time leader in 3 Point FG's Made by the end of this season at this pace. He has a ring. He has been an All-Star 4+ times if i'm correct. He starts and contributes every night for the arguably the NBA's best team....Bet yet he's overrated?
indifferent.gif

Monta Ellis? What else does the guy have to do while be one of the shortest 2 Guards in the league? Top 5 in scoring, best player on a team that is only 4-5 games back for a 8th seed during a season in which nobody gave GS any chance at the playoffs. Dude is very clutch (Watch his game from last night vs Sac. Kings). The dude is a warrior (No pun intented). Should be in the All-Star game but due to stupid !+@ fans voting will not be. But yet he's overrated right? Okay.

Michael Redd? Did son really say Michael Redd? Your the 1st human in the solar system that still thinks about this gut huh? Who *#%@*$$ cares if he's overrated or not? Dude hasn't played in 30+ games in like 3-4 years. I would have felt prouder if you had put Mugsy Bouges on this list bro.
i knew i would get some flak on ray allen which is understandable... ya he got a ring and is definitely the top gun all time in 3's and great at free throws but is he not inconsistent? when i talk about ray allen im comparing him to his prime... hes just not doing it at the same pace he was before like when he was on Milwaukee or Seattle... and don't give me the excuse that he got better players around him because im not buying it... he still gets a lot of touches per game but is great one night but garbage the other... 

and monta ellis dude is a chucker a volume scorer who needs to put X amount of shots per game to get his points... im not denying his talents at all... he is nice but at the end of the day he puts up numbers but still has a garbage team... you would think someone that puts up big numbers can carry his team... thats just my opinion... if im wrong then so be it but thats what i think...

How can Monta's team Win when he has guys like Dan Gazuric, Biedrins, and a lot more scrubs on his team. Nobody could win with that group of players. But I expect the majority on here not to understand that
laugh.gif

Even great NBA players have limitations!!  ZOMG... amazing discovery!!! 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

How can Monta's team Win when he has guys like Dan Gazuric, Biedrins, and a lot more scrubs on his team. Nobody could win with that group of players. But I expect the majority on here not to understand that
laugh.gif

pls that team is not garbage at all as far as talent... they got david lee and curry.. thats 3 players including monta putting up big numbers so they should have more than a decent team... yes im disappointed... compare that team to iverson who had a garbage team in 01 but still took that team to the finals... i know theres no comparison with iverson and monta because iverson was just that dude and got mvp but my point is he had nobody on that team but still made the playoffs every year while monta has a decent team behind him.... and dont forget dorrel wright who is also pretty decent as well

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

Michael Redd? Did son really say Michael Redd? Your the 1st human in the solar system that still thinks about this gut huh? Who %%$$#@% cares if he's overrated or not? Dude hasn't played in 30+ games in like 3-4 years. I would have felt prouder if you had put Mugsy Bouges on this list bro. Bet yet you wonder if he's overrated or not?  Okay.

laugh.gif
 Dude is overly mad but he's right. Redd has been irrelevant for years, Bucks are just waiting for his contract to run out then he is straight done.

and monta ellis dude is a chucker a volume scorer who needs to put X amount of shots per game to get his points... im not denying his talents at all... he is nice but at the end of the day he puts up numbers but still has a garbage team... you would think someone that puts up big numbers can carry his team... thats just my opinion... if im wrong then so be it but thats what i think...

Another person talking about Monta based off of the couple Sportscenter highlights of the Warriors
laugh.gif

ok act like i don't want watch the nba and rely on just highlights from espn 
laugh.gif
... again im giving monta his props for doing his thing im just saying that he puts up big numbers but still ain't doing anything for his team like zach randolph type status... in no way am i hating at all just stating the obvious 

Back
Top Bottom