I just got my first ticket, vol. 42 in a 25

I always knew this day would come (actually about two weeks ago) but it still bothers me. I was following my friend and he managed to turn before traffic hitso I was left behind. I turned into a residential area right outside of school and didn't realize how fast I was going, he called me to warn me about a cophiding I hit the brakes right as I saw him but it was a wrap. a four point violation? My boy told me to contest in court, the city is pretty nice aboutdropping tickets (he's beat a few) and we know someone who was on probation who got a ticket dropped.

I got one for running a red light the other day, smh.

If you show up to court and the officer doesn't, you automatically win. It's worth a shot.
Mine was given by one of those cops who are required to go to court, so I won't win.

I'm doing the blockbuster movie traffic school to remove my 3 points.

I never knew why a speeding ticket was worthy of a post? Ppl get them everyday. U go to court and most likely cop won't show up (well in all of my casesneway)

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

If you show up to court and the officer doesn't, you automatically win. It's worth a shot.

Mine was given by one of those cops who are required to go to court, so I won't win.
I know its different in other states, but cops here are not required to be present in court anymore. Should be changing over everywhere, soon.

Originally Posted by THockey66

I know its different in other states, but cops here are not required to be present in court anymore.

I thought that's how it was here, but my sister's fiance is a cop and I showed him my ticket. He said certain divisions are required to go to court,and other aren't. Just my luck.

I know its different in other states, but cops here are not required to be present in court anymore.

I thought that's how it was here, but my sister's fiance is a cop and I showed him my ticket. He said certain divisions are required to go to court, and other aren't. Just my luck.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Is that so?[/color]

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

thytkerjobs wrote:

thytkerjobs wrote:

I thought that's how it was here, but my sister's fiance is a cop and I showed him my ticket. He said certain divisions are required to go to court, and other aren't. Just my luck.
Is that so?

indifferent.gif

is the whole if a cop doesn't show up you automatically win thing the same for moving violations cause i got a ticket for a moving violation last weekand I'm thinking of going to court.

Get a lawyer they wrote me up for 20+ in a school zone for 4 points too but my lawyer got me no points, and a reduced fine, and I got to miss school.
pimp.gif

thankfully no speeding tickets yet, or red light although i cross at least one every morning to school.

i did get a loud exhaust ticket and ended up having to pay 105$ for that bs. and cops don't have to show up.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

thankfully no speeding tickets yet, or red light although i cross at least one every morning to school.

i did get a loud exhaust ticket and ended up having to pay 105$ for that bs. and cops don't have to show up.
Do you have to go to a state ref. where you're at?

I got a ticket for the EXACT same speed/speedzone thing. The cop was cool tho and just gave me a seatbelt violation ($30) rather than charging me with speedingwhich would have been a $400+ ticket and 3 points on my license.

703 I was in fairfax city, I guess that falls under county but was stopped by a city officer.

NT usually seems to have a wealth of information which is why I posted this here, otherwise I was fine keeping it to myself.

You guys lucky, up in canada they changed the rules that the officers get paid to show up to court if you dispute it, so 10/10 times they there
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom