I just saw the 40 pound thread, Help me NT fam

I gained 30lbs during freshmen year in college. I'm 6'2 and went from 230, my basketball playing weight in HS, to 260. During my 3rd year in college I jumped down to 230, and then the following year I jumped down to 215. I've been about 220-215 ever since. I want to get to 200-195, but I've been too lazy.

My only advice, don't compromise. Meaning if you are on the diet and always drink water, don't "reward" yourself with a coke.  You'll see, "it's alright, just for today," quickly becomes, "well, this ain't a big deal, I'll just start again next week." Before you know it, you're back to square one.

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Easy way to weight loss:
1. Eat breakfast don't skip
2. Only drink water
3. Eat more fresh fruits and veggies and alot less dairy
4. Stay away from all the obvious junk food including ketchup,salad dressing
5. Stay away from top ramen cup o noodles etc less rice bread or tortillas
6. Exercise hard for 45 min to 1hr consistently 6 days a week cardio more than weights
Weight should be coming off in no time.
this sounds good.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

My only advice, don't compromise. Meaning if you are on the diet and always drink water, don't "reward" yourself with a coke.  You'll see, "it's alright, just for today," quickly becomes, "well, this ain't a big deal, I'll just start again next week." Before you know it, you're back to square one.

this is what i have trouble on,

Originally Posted by JordanKing Xi

Share your stories on weightloss, im stuggling as we speak,

i just come from class, bake up, and chill, no activity at all, if i can get some methods of helpin me out,

im 285, 5'8.

help me
eek.gif
 *%%+@ this cant b srs

Originally Posted by Biggie62

I gained 30lbs during freshmen year in college. I'm 6'2 and went from 230, my basketball playing weight in HS, to 260. During my 3rd year in college I jumped down to 230, and then the following year I jumped down to 215. I've been about 220-215 ever since. I want to get to 200-195, but I've been too lazy.

Same here my biggest was 230. I got down to 190 last winter. Im back at 210. The first thing I learned about weight loss is that its a lifestyle change. The gym will do you no good if you dont change your eating habits. Once life gets busy and going to the gym is impossible all you have to fall back on is your change in eating better. You can eat anything you want. The key is to read labels and only eat one serving and keep to your daily calorie limit. I lost my weight with no gym. I did calorie count and walked anytime i could instead of driving. I would got to the mall and window shop. The key to walking is to get your heart rate up and keep it up as you walk. 

I cam home from college 2 years ago, and thought I could continue to eat the way I did at school......
sick.gif
sick.gif
.  After hitting 202 lbs, and my mom calling me fat, I had to make a serious change.  To be honest, once you're dedicated to weight lose, and health, everything else falls into place.  The pics speak from themselves.

Before
4104064785_20ea19e566.jpg

After
6274657494_1e67cfcb77.jpg

6274657780_ab2fec2fa9.jpg

These were from last year.  I'm currently trying to add a bit of bulk.

this is what i have trouble on,

THIS
tired.gif

6' 280lbs.

TeamFatKid

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Share your stories on weightloss, im stuggling as we speak,

i just come from class, bake up, and chill, no activity at all, if i can get some methods of helpin me out,

im 285, 5'8.

help me
eek.gif
 *%%+@ this cant b srs
ohwell.gif
embarassed.gif
tired.gif

drink water and green tea, hire a nutritionist, your diet is first. read, read, read.
Men's Health
Tnation
Eric Cressey
Tony Gentilcore
Nate Green
These are all good sites/authors with good diet training info but at your size, your workouts will be simple. Good Luck

I feel you op

Im 5'10 216.5

But i've put on some muscle

Try something your 100% sure works

It helps the mental aspect of  weight loss and fitness improvement

for example i got insanity

heard it gets good results

so starting yesterday ive been doing it each day

it gives me a good sweat

and i feel accomplishment everytime i see that clock hit 00:00

knowing im being proactive

also been hitting the gym at school for an hour a day

for the past week

no ayo but post some pics op if your not too shy

good luck

I've lost 45 pounds since HS, about 6 years. Seriously just starting to eat right will help you lose weight and after you get comfortable with that join a gym. You don't have to do it all at once.

I was 185 in the end of my freshmen year in HS. Dieted over the summer and was 155 by the beginning of sophomore year. By the end of sophomore year I went down to 135. Got injured in MMA training in the begininng of Junior year. I was Scared i was gonna gain weight during my injury, so i was aware of my eating habits. By the fall of junior year i was 118!!! It was seriously unhealthy. When i got cleared for my injury i continued MMA, joined the wrestling team, and swimming team. By the end of junior year i was a healthy 135. Keep in mind, im only 5'5".... Senior year came along, and i ate like crap and went all the way up to 150. When swim season came, went back down to 135. Started lifting recently in college, now im 145.

im 285, 5'8.
I'm the same height and use to be the same weight at the end of last year.

All I did was cut my portions, jogged 15 miles a week (I got lazy and had a couple droughts here and there
laugh.gif
) and I drunk nothing but water.

Now I'm down to 218, but I still have a ways to go obviously.

It's not too hard just have to be consistent with it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NT Brah

Count your calories, so you don't over eat. Getting fit is done in the kitchen, the gym is supplementary.
QFT
no matter how much crunches you do, diets lose the bellies, NOT the gym. 

dont eat junk, drink plently of water, eat your veggies and you'll be golden. 

Guilty
ohwell.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom