I know I'm not the only one who saw The Great Debaters..

Seen it last night, that *@%! was
pimp.gif
. I needed the inspiration after watching damn Alien
smh.gif
. Denzel definitely did his thing, but I can easily see this asbeing only appealing to smart people.

i was sort of on Denzel overload after American Gangster so I went out of my way to avoid it. what's the plot about (yes I'm aware that I could look itup pretty easily, but I'm hoping to contribute to the thread)

for some reason this movie seems really dry and i have no desire whatsoever to see it
i hope you like it though

will smith> denzel

just seen a preview for it. its not the kind of movie that i'd go and see but im sure with denzel in it, it'd be worth it.

Denzel is never not a powerful character. He never plays a submissive role. He is not necessarily a cop, but hes always someone that other people listen to andare in awe of. Its like hes got a superiority complex or something, or maybe hes just typecast.

I'm goin either today of tomorrow, I was talkin to my godmother about the fact that if its not about somebody shooting/robbing/hustling/"crackin"_'s aren't trying to support it... +#!# is sad G
smh.gif

one, i'm tired of seein' denzel.
and two, it kinda made me mad that put Harvard in it..as if it were the school they went up against for real..i know its just a movie..but eh..
usc is a good school..and i'm sure the same amount of people who saw this nonsense wouldve saw it if they put the real school in it

the only good thing about this movie..
jurnee smollett
pimp.gif

If Denzel ain't shooting N's or shooting dope, I'm not interested.
Right but cats will flock to the theaters to watch another Ice cube movie or some stupid comedy.Can we agree that the black comedies that arecoming out now are just stupid?Cube is milking the hell out of yall,next will be "friday in 2020"-yall will run out and see it.

Anways Im going to see this movie.....

haha if you aint go/at a HBCU or smart you prolly wont care for this movie. I enjoyed it alot and that chick Journey or what ever DONE GREW UP!!!
Chick will get slayed at any giving moment
smile.gif

jawnyquest

you do realize that Harvard is the actual school that they debated against and defeated right.
the writers didnt choose to put that in there, that is how it actually happened
you shouldnt make statements like that unless you know the whole story.
just a thought

Seemed a little cheesy and overly inspirational at first from the previews, but I've heard really good things.

Considering I debated in high school for the debate team, I'm going to check it out.

the movie was whatever

nothing new

it was entertaining but, it felt like it was just regurgitating old information

and i hated the cheesy love story they forced in there

the broad looked like Carmelo Anthony

Back
Top Bottom