I know Magic Johnson had some sick seasons but...

(pick your favorite really) but this one is an absolute joke
sick.gif

1981-82 (22 years old) - 18.6 PPG, .537 FG, 9.6 REB, 9.5 AST, 2.7 STL

Trivia:
-He was SPLITTING point guard duties with Norm Nixon (who averaged 37 MPG and 8.0 APG himself).
-He had 80 more offensive rebounds and 92 more total rebounds than the next highest guy on his team, despite missing four games.
-His 2.7 steals per game led the NBA.
-Lakers won NBA title that year.
-Despite nearly averaging a triple double one could argue this wasn't even one of his top statistical regular seasons
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

A few weeks ago was the anniversary of his comeback game vs the Warriors. He dropped 19, 10, and 8 in less than 30 min. off the bench despite looking slow as ####. The man simply did work when the ball was in his hands.

Greatest of all time. 
pimp.gif

I'd give anything to see him finish his career uninterrupted.  He could have done numbers no one woulda touched. 

No doubt Magic had some unbelievable seasons. Dude truly revolutionized the PG position in the league. If Jordan never existed, Magic would've been many would've considered him the GOAT.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

(pick your favorite really) but this one is an absolute joke
sick.gif

1981-82 (22 years old) - 18.6 PPG, .537 FG, 9.6 REB, 9.5 AST, 2.7 STL

Trivia:
-He was SPLITTING point guard duties with Norm Nixon (who averaged 37 MPG and 8.0 APG himself).
-He had 80 more offensive rebounds and 92 more total rebounds than the next highest guy on his team, despite missing four games.
-His 2.7 steals per game led the NBA.
-Lakers won NBA title that year.
-Despite nearly averaging a triple double one could argue this wasn't even one of his top statistical regular seasons
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

ABSOLUTELY INSANITY!!! ;x

1986-87 was his best:

23.9 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 12.2 apg

Playoffs:

21.8 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 12.2 apg

Regular season MVP
NBA Finals MVP

Originally Posted by CP1708

Greatest of all time. 
pimp.gif

I'd give anything to see him finish his career uninterrupted.  He could have done numbers no one woulda touched. 

its so hard to go against that but i'll still take Bird

coming towards the end of his career, in the season after he played in only 6 games in,

24.3 PPG
9.5 RPG
7.5 APG
93% FT

Back
Top Bottom