I make 45k a year working 2 hours a day Vol. Office Space in real life

Nice so you went through with it. :pimp:

And yeah **** otr. I couldn't do that.

I'm home every night too unless I have to roll down to Missouri or something because I can't get a load at one of my normal plants closer. I driver a tanker. Run 600 miles to fill it, then hit some deliverys and dump it out and repeat. Lots stops never sit for more than two hours. I like it.

What type of job did you end up getting?
Hell yeah bro, I went thru with it. I ended up working a part time gig on the dock at dayton freight while I was in school and when I finished they gave me the local gig. I'm with a trainer the next 4 weeks but it beats otr and the pay is solid straight pick ups and deliveries
Nice so you went through with it. :pimp:

And yeah **** otr. I couldn't do that.

I'm home every night too unless I have to roll down to Missouri or something because I can't get a load at one of my normal plants closer. I driver a tanker. Run 600 miles to fill it, then hit some deliverys and dump it out and repeat. Lots stops never sit for more than two hours. I like it.

What type of job did you end up getting?
Hell yeah bro, I went thru with it. I ended up working a part time gig on the dock at dayton freight while I was in school and when I finished they gave me the local gig. I'm with a trainer the next 4 weeks but it beats otr and the pay is solid straight pick ups and deliveries

Nice, that's how you do it. Get a job before you're done with school. Yeah I see them everywhere. Local work and no food service hand truck work ftw. :lol: :pimp:

Nice, that's how you do it. Get a job before you're done with school. Yeah I see them everywhere. Local work and no food service hand truck work ftw. :lol: :pimp:
Man preach. I did alot of research before I started thats how I ended up there. Sysco was hounding me but that **** is slave work man, 16 hrs of moving heavy *** **** back n forth. I come in, grab the Drs, check my load, hit the road, back in and wait rinse watch repeat.

Man preach. I did alot of research before I started thats how I ended up there. Sysco was hounding me but that **** is slave work man, 16 hrs of moving heavy *** **** back n forth. I come in, grab the Drs, check my load, hit the road, back in and wait rinse watch repeat.

Yeah man, a lot of companies will screw you over so you have to look into that.

And yeah that's not the life I want to live. Cool you make a little more but you should because you work 16 hours a day so you should. Been there done that when I first got my license, never again.

Yeah man, a lot of companies will screw you over so you have to look into that.

And yeah that's not the life I want to live. Cool you make a little more but you should because you work 16 hours a day so you should. Been there done that when I first got my license, never again.
No regrets here. Good looking out on that advice mths ago. Best decision I've made so far honestly.

Nice I'm glad it worked out for you. I'd feel like a douche if you were like "man I hate this and I just spent money on school."

I have not read beyond the first page but as the founding member of Team Office Space I feel like I should say something.

However great you think your situation is, you should never brag or be a douche about it. You are breaking the code by doing so. It could all change in an instant. If you think your employers don't know you only work 2 hours a day - trust me, they do.

Secondly, respect the blue collar work force. Having worked non-office jobs in the past, hats off to those folks.

Was talking to some dude about that for my family, 6k for the school then by the end of training you got dozens of companies lining up for a 9-5 driving gig that starts you off at 55k. Made me wanna say **** an office.

At my current job, I work during 90% of logged hours. At my past jobs it was more like 30-40%.

A workday goes by really quick for me (unless working 9+ hours) but sometimes I like browsing the internet and ****. Makes OT more bearable too.

Last edited:
Oilfield work is the same, doing that now and out of a 12 hr shift I'm actually working maybe 5 of it. Rest of the time we are talking trash to each other or on our phones. And we get paid for 15 and a half hrs a day no matter what [emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited:
Was talking to some dude about that for my family, 6k for the school then by the end of training you got dozens of companies lining up for a 9-5 driving gig that starts you off at 55k. Made me wanna say **** an office.

9-5 driving is super rare. You can find them but it isn't common. Your first couple jobs driving will probably suck but some get lucky right away.

I guess just do your research and don't let any recruiter sell you a dream.

I don't even like driving 30 minutes to school. Can't imagine doing a real life shift of driving.

props to those that ventured out on their own, would love to open my own beekeeping colony but just not about that life...

Sucks to have someone else dictate what you do with most of your waking hours. Wasting most of your day sitting around to enrich your boss/CEOs life. Most people seem to be ok with being an unimaginative cog that just toes the line sitting at a desk all day. Having to wait for the same direct deposit to hit your account every week regardless of how much work you put in sounds like more of an allowance than a job to me.

Dat Privilege.

What do you do, though?

:lol: I've done both. Let me tell you, working for yourself is harder, not even a question.

Got sick of logging 100 hours weeks so we called it a day. We employed ourselves for a couple years and made mediocre money. Taxes kill it honestly, if I ever worked for myself again I'm not paying taxes, at least the full amount.

Grew with my pops either being an independent contractor or running his own company, it's not easy at all.

Nah, it's not.

People act like because you work for someone you work for Donald trump.

I work for a 3 person company and the owner is an immigrant from South Africa who drives just like us. :lol: not everyone is out here working for corporate monsters.

I work for a "Corporate monster" and have zero complaints. The field that I'm in is more of a sole proprietorship anyways, the firm gives you nothing but name draw and access.

You win a scratch off?

MFs love to try to **** on ppls work lives and then proceed to provide zero details how they sustain themselves "doing whatever they want" :lol:

Hey if the shoe fits for ya... But the only persons work life I was ******** on was my own before I quit that job. I felt trapped in the same situation most people ITT are speaking on. Great pay and benefits but basically showing up to do nothing 80% of the time just for a paycheck. What kind of life is that? I got sick of rotting away at a desk so I went and did my own thing. I no longer feel like I have to wait until 5 PM or the weekend to start living. Lose track of what day of the week it is now sometimes. Excited to wake up every day and get to it now since I live life on my own terms. Now that I can utilize my time better instead of being trapped in a cubicle half the day for someone else, I'm making a lot more money than I was before and traveling constantly. Never been happier in my life. I'm not trying to put anyone down, rather show them that if you feel this way, you can change it. It's not easy but you can do it. If you aren't learning anything new at your current position, there's no promotion looming, you do nothing 80% of the day...why are you still there?

Last edited:
hennessy hennessy That's great and all, but my point is I see a lot of people say similar things to your post, but folks rarely provide any details on HOW they achieved such a life. If I was in such a position I'd be more than willing to share my knowledge to help others. However, the common theme of those who crap on 9-5 work seems to be heavy on bragging and light on details (typically because they're scamming).

Trust I'm the last person to attempt to make it seem like 9-5 is a "good life", it's not. If you've been able to achieve a better way that allows you to do whatever you want, please let us know.

You win a scratch off?

MFs love to try to **** on ppls work lives and then proceed to provide zero details how they sustain themselves "doing whatever they want" :lol:

Hey if the shoe fits for ya... But the only persons work life I was ******** on was my own before I quit that job. I felt trapped in the same situation most people ITT are speaking on. Great pay and benefits but basically showing up to do nothing 80% of the time just for a paycheck. What kind of life is that? I got sick of rotting away at a desk so I went and did my own thing. I no longer feel like I have to wait until 5 PM or the weekend to start living. Lose track of what day of the week it is now sometimes. Excited to wake up every day and get to it now since I live life on my own terms. Now that I can utilize my time better instead of being trapped in a cubicle half the day for someone else, I'm making a lot more money than I was before and traveling constantly. Never been happier in my life. I'm not trying to put anyone down, rather show them that if you feel this way, you can change it. It's not easy but you can do it. If you aren't learning anything new at your current position, there's no promotion looming, you do nothing 80% of the day...why are you still there?

Yeah yeah yeah, freedom, happiness, biker boys we make our own rules. We get it.

But what do you do, my guy? Thats what we asking. You sounding like Tai Lopez right now.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom