I make 45k a year working 2 hours a day Vol. Office Space in real life

I'm a dev/designer so I'm using Creative Cloud/Dropbox for file sharing and Invisionapp for comp sharing/prototyping etc.

Most convenient setup ever man. Bitbucket/Github for version control on code, I can push from my boxers anytime of the day :lol: . Working remote is great too. There's some remote guys at my spot I see them maybe once every 2 months :lol:
my man :smokin similar setup...bitbucket, chef, etc...yea I've only seen my people on my team like 3 times total, im the only devops guy in office lol

Lol I guess my comment was harsh.

I should have suggested if OP was willing to put in some real/even decent work, he could likely make a lot more than $45k a year.
Well the thing I didn't mention is this minimal work with decent pay is a perfect fit for me with what I'm doing with my real career. I'm a hip-hop artist I and I spend all day at work working on my music. I write emails, coordinate and plan events, write songs, hold conference calls and network with all types of people, work on my branding, marketing etc. My producer/engineer works here too and so does the main singer I work with. He literally produces full beats at work. We basically infiltrated the corporate world for them to fund our label lol. And I'm still young with barely any bills beyond rent so the salary works for me. I have alternative income starting to come in off music as well. 

But we've been enjoying some decent successes in recent months and are slowly on our way to becoming full time musicians. We landed on hotnewhiphop, dj booth, etc. and have performed with Mob Deep, Immortal Technque, Soulection, SXSW Festival, A3C Festival, have a potential show coming up with Nas (not confirmed yet don't jinx it), studio session with Pro Era's engineer and just passed 100,000 hits on my soundcloud. 

So it's not like I sit at work all day doing nothing, I'm working hard just following my dreams on company time lol. 

Who else can relate? And if anyone wants in I already referred a few NTers. Hit my email. 

Well the thing I didn't mention is this minimal work with decent pay is a perfect fit for me with what I'm doing with my real career. I'm a hip-hop artist I and I spend all day at work working on my music. I write emails, coordinate and plan events, write songs, hold conference calls and network with all types of people, work on my branding, marketing etc. My producer/engineer works here too and so does the main singer I work with. He literally produces full beats at work. We basically infiltrated the corporate world for them to fund our label lol. And I'm still young with barely any bills beyond rent so the salary works for me. I have alternative income starting to come in off music as well. 

But we've been enjoying some decent successes in recent months and are slowly on our way to becoming full time musicians. We landed on hotnewhiphop, dj booth, etc. and have performed with Mob Deep, Immortal Technque, Soulection, SXSW Festival, A3C Festival, have a potential show coming up with Nas (not confirmed yet don't jinx it), studio session with Pro Era's engineer and just passed 100,000 hits on my soundcloud. 

So it's not like I sit at work all day doing nothing, I'm working hard just following my dreams on company time lol. 

Who else can relate? And if anyone wants in I already referred a few NTers. Hit my email. 
Salute [emoji]128175[/emoji]

Buy you still trapped at the office tho
one step at a time.

all of this "stealing money" could be mitigated if employers adjusted work schedules to accurately reflect a given job's workload. if the job takes 15 hours a week, schedule a person for 15 hours. they're still doing the same amount of work so there's no excuse for a lower salary, and they'll be fully engaged while present.
Lol I guess my comment was harsh.

I should have suggested if OP was willing to put in some real/even decent work, he could likely make a lot more than $45k a year.
eh, but then he'd have less time to enjoy his life. how much is a six-figure salary if you're working 80 hours a week and don't have time to spend it?

if he's happy on 45k--which a lot of people can be--let that man paint.

I can dig it. watch as I dig it.

I took the leap into full-time freelancing about 5 years ago and it's hands-down the best decision I've ever made in my life.

I have total location and scheduling freedom as long as my work is good enough to keep clients (and it is) plus I can decide on any given day, "nah, **** this."

my time is used how I see fit, not how another person envisions me most useful to them.

my real job is being happy in life, and work is just a means to accomplish that end. 

I see you've put yourself on a path to make money from being you, and that's the real goal...not selling your one nonrenewable resource doing something you don't enjoy for $50 an hour instead of $25 after a few decades of service.

do your thing man...use your ride wisely. nobody lays on their deathbed wishing they had put in more time making someone else's dreams come true.

dug.

one step at a time.

all of this "stealing money" could be mitigated if employers adjusted work schedules to accurately reflect a given job's workload. if the job takes 15 hours a week, schedule a person for 15 hours. they're still doing the same amount of work so there's no excuse for a lower salary, and they'll be fully engaged while present.

eh, but then he'd have less time to enjoy his life. how much is a six-figure salary if you're working 80 hours a week and don't have time to spend it?

if he's happy on 45k--which a lot of people can be--let that man paint.

I can dig it. watch as I dig it.

I took the leap into full-time freelancing about 5 years ago and it's hands-down the best decision I've ever made in my life.

I have total location and scheduling freedom as long as my work is good enough to keep clients (and it is) plus I can decide on any given day, "nah, **** this."

my time is used how I see fit, not how another person envisions me most useful to them.

my real job is being happy in life, and work is just a means to accomplish that end. 

I see you've put yourself on a path to make money from being you, and that's the real goal...not selling your one nonrenewable resource doing something you don't enjoy for $50 an hour instead of $25 after a few decades of service.

do your thing man...use your ride wisely. nobody lays on their deathbed wishing they had put in more time making someone else's dreams come true.

dug.

Salute. Congrats on your success looks like you found your path. Your words inspired me so I thank you for that. Can't ever stop chasing it man. 

Don't hook anyone from NT up. Never divulge your place of employment on NT.

A lot of doctors that work in hospitals have that kind of work and make bank. I worked with a anesthesiologist who literally worked maybe 3 hours a day and he has a 12 hour shift. He would just chill write his notes and even took up writing papers for journals and ****. It's like football players. The actual time they are active is like 3 minutes in a game.

My job is similar in terms of time of actual work. Matter of fact, I didn't even go into the office today. Went to the field for a bit, and said F it. I'll finish the rest of my work tomorrow. Making your own schedule 
nthat.gif

I work 60 hours a week and I'm doing actual work the majority of that time.

Fridays in the summer is the only time it shows down a bit.

Am I crazy for actually liking the fact that I'm constantly busy at my job?  Drowning in work is one thing, but having a constant/steady workflow to keep you busy is where I'm at.  It makes you feel like you actually serve a purpose and it makes the day go by so much quicker.  Dicking around all day and accomplishing nothing would bring me down.  

See this is why I hate work....we come here, we do nothing 80 percent of the time.

Me and my friends joke that the only reason they have people come in at 8 or 9 AM is for roll call....and to see if people can wake up a 6 AM only to drive across town and sit for another 8 hrs....

I say on average I work a solid 5.5 hours at my job. I prefer to be busy, but not swamped, than to do absolutely nothing.

The girl behind me however averages at least 7 hours a day of doing absolutely nothing but Facebook, looking at swimsuits and watching makeup tutorials. I'm still confused why we hired her.

Aaaaaannnndddd like clockwork we have people ******** on office work.

Nobody cramping y'all style for not having an office job so why so you always come at those who do?

Aaaaaannnndddd like clockwork we have people ******** on office work.

Nobody cramping y'all style for not having an office job so why so you always come at those who do?
I mean...theyre right tho.

Even tho Im gainfully employed I hate this process.  If I could find a way to do something I really love (that's legal - I have to put that there) w.o sitting in an office all day, and still pay for what I have now, trust I would have done it before I graduated HS

Being in charge of the company's social media accounts make it easy to kill time at my job. If it's slow I can just surf Twitter, Deadspin, Youtube, and Kotaku. I work most of the time, doe.

A lot of the times I force myself to start working..

1. leave house around 7:30
2. get to work around 8:10
3. clock in (start time 8:30) Dunkin donuts before getting to building
4. go down to cafeteria get sanswhich/omelette whatever
5. get back to desk around 8:35..eat while checking work emails
6. once I'm done eating..its reddit time and back to NT with my iPhone..it doesn't help I recently got unlimited data on my phone a few months ago
7. finally doing something productive around 10 or 10:30..sometimes later
8. late lunch whenever I feel like ..bring lunch to work..leftovers from dinner..eat in cafeteria while watching cnn espn
9. 5pm I'm done..once I get down to the parking lot I run to my car at full speed because I work in a business complex and almost everyone gets out at 5..if I take my time there's a chance I will be sitting in parking lot traffic there..also by jetting to my car I'm actually getting a head start on all the other ppl just getting out of work (outside the business complex) a couple of minutes is critical because if I get hit with a wave of traffic it really sucks..get home by5:30...work is 25 miles away

Last edited:
Just got a raise and promotion myself :pimp:

I'm starting to understand that when you climb the corporate ladder, you're doing less gruntwork and you're more in the spot you are because of your brain or skillset or whatever

And because when **** really goes down you're needed to do things or provide solutions that the average employee can't

No American office worker is going hard for the complete 8 hours of their day

But OP do you work remote? :lol: 3 hour-long breaks da hell? :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom