I need a lilttle bit of help with...

Starting off my essay...

I just need help with a introduction...

Its supposed to be a narrative essay (Telling a story about SOMETHING that happened in my life)

The topic i chose was about me Moving from New York (Queens) to Minnesota... And my transition from living in the big City to the quiet suburbs..

Obviously you're taught to have a intriguing 1st sentence to grab the attention of your reader... So do you guys have any ideas of how to start off my narrative?
embarassed.gif

If it was a expository or a persuasive essay it'd be alot easier ...
ohwell.gif

Starting off my essay...

I just need help with a introduction...

Its supposed to be a narrative essay (Telling a story about SOMETHING that happened in my life)

The topic i chose was about me Moving from New York (Queens) to Minnesota... And my transition from living in the big City to the quiet suburbs..

Obviously you're taught to have a intriguing 1st sentence to grab the attention of your reader... So do you guys have any ideas of how to start off my narrative?
embarassed.gif

If it was a expository or a persuasive essay it'd be alot easier ...
ohwell.gif

Have you written your body paragraphs yet?  Sometimes it helps writing those and then moving on to the intro.

Have you written your body paragraphs yet?  Sometimes it helps writing those and then moving on to the intro.

Got your first paragraph right here meat.

I was attracted to the fast life of New York; the promising career it gave me. I enjoyed it thoroughly here in Queens: the upper class here indubitably piqued my interest in raising my own prosperity. Never did I once believe that I'd ever feel detachment from this city. However, long summer nights of drunken rancor and promiscuous intercourse among New York's greatest left me devoid of any understanding of reality. Understandably so, after Gatsby's death the East was haunted for me like that, distorted beyond my eyes' power of correction. So when the blue smoke of brittle leaves was in the air and the wind blew the wet laundry stiff on the line I decided to come back home.

Got your first paragraph right here meat.

I was attracted to the fast life of New York; the promising career it gave me. I enjoyed it thoroughly here in Queens: the upper class here indubitably piqued my interest in raising my own prosperity. Never did I once believe that I'd ever feel detachment from this city. However, long summer nights of drunken rancor and promiscuous intercourse among New York's greatest left me devoid of any understanding of reality. Understandably so, after Gatsby's death the East was haunted for me like that, distorted beyond my eyes' power of correction. So when the blue smoke of brittle leaves was in the air and the wind blew the wet laundry stiff on the line I decided to come back home.

describe a typical day in NY

(starting my day, i hear and smell the streets of NY...) (CA>NY)

and then flip it how it changed

(but now all i see is lakes and +%$%...damn mosquitos) (CA >MN)

describe a typical day in NY

(starting my day, i hear and smell the streets of NY...) (CA>NY)

and then flip it how it changed

(but now all i see is lakes and +%$%...damn mosquitos) (CA >MN)

Back
Top Bottom