I need a most twisted off the wall movie list: ie. Srpski & Caligula (**LIST UPDATED**)

The Angel's Melancholy is pretty messed up. It's a German film and there's a part in it where a dude fingers an elderly person's colostomy bag hole.

Serbian Film is still the worst I have seen. Heard the rape scene in Irreversible is pretty bad but have never seen it myself. August Underground just sounds OD blood and guts.

Pink Flamingos and Blue Velvet...glad someone brought up gummo I loaned it out and forgot to get it back need to go pick that up I think its out of print

i saw a list of these films and what they contain......
sick.gif

necrophilia seems like a top choice for the directors

all these films are banned in certain parts of the world

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Ah, now this is a topic i enjoy. I'll try to add to the list you already have, but the ones in your OG list are excellent.

If you want to see a set of movies you will never forget, Alejandro Jodorowsky is your guy. Watch Santa Sangre....its a weird +*$ movie with a bunch of stuff that will have you like +#! the whole time, but believe me its memorable. Also watch The Holy Mountain and El Topo, same thing but IMO Santa Sangre is better.

More

Man Bites Dog
Martyrs
Happiness
Red Room 1 or 2
Frontière(s)
Antichrist
Enter The Void

Visions of Suffering
Battle Royale
Pinocchio 964 / Rubber's Lover
Mariah Carey's Glitter (jk, but this film should be horror)
Tideland
Bad Boy Bubby
Taxidermia
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover
Liquid Sky
Gozu

myman.wav
Huge fan of his films.

To me, these films don't fall on what the OP is looking for, these being quite different and not being off the wall due to having deeper messages. Specially Jodorowky's work and specifically Lynch's... I hope no one comes in here recommending 8 1/2 due to it's surrealism.... Again, this is just my opinion.

check out I Saw The Devil , its on Netflix. its actually a pretty good movie too

Although not as twisted as some of the ones listed in the OP, I would have to recommend Inside (2007). It has the usual blood and gore but a pretty crazy twist that will blow your mind.

Begotten (1991) is pretty weird.
Aftermath (1994)
Visitor Q by Takashi Miike
Eraserhead (1977)

Some of these are not too gory it's more weird than anything else.

I'm watching the movies mentioned in here now. The worst I've seen was A Serbian Film.

I saw Irreversible and that rape scene wasn't that bad. I am disappoint.

Irreversible was pretty good, filmed the same way as Memento, but Monica Bellucci is way easier on the eyes than Guy Pearce.  Lot of other good mentions, like Martyrs and Old Boy.  Re-Cycle by the Pang Brothers is another good one.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Ah, now this is a topic i enjoy. I'll try to add to the list you already have, but the ones in your OG list are excellent.

If you want to see a set of movies you will never forget, Alejandro Jodorowsky is your guy. Watch Santa Sangre....its a weird +*$ movie with a bunch of stuff that will have you like +#! the whole time, but believe me its memorable. Also watch The Holy Mountain and El Topo, same thing but IMO Santa Sangre is better.

More

Man Bites Dog
Martyrs
Happiness
Red Room 1 or 2
Frontière(s)
Antichrist
Enter The Void
Visions of Suffering
Battle Royale
Pinocchio 964 / Rubber's Lover
Mariah Carey's Glitter (jk, but this film should be horror)
Tideland
Bad Boy Bubby
Taxidermia
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover
Liquid Sky
Gozu
i had one or two Jodorowsky films and skimmed through them to see how they looked. i can't remember if they were Holy Mountain and El Topo or not. i had heard of both of those for sure and i must have heard of Santa Sangre because i was looking up all of his movies. they are definitely in the weird category. but they seem to fall more into the art category as well. maybe a bit heavy on the art side because of the lack of clarity on the plot. there never seems to be a moment where your interested. lol

and you have a good list there. i've never heard of maybe 90% of them. i will look them up and see if they fit in.

i guess as your guys' lists go on i feel like i'm also trying to make sure they have some sort or interesting plot line. if i wanted some weird movie that no one could understand i would just watch Titus
happy.gif
which i am surprised no one has mentioned. that movie didn't even make sense when i was on mushrooms
eek.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Ken park and kids are terrible. There is nothing off the wall about teenagers having sex.

laugh.gif

KIDS was funded by HBO, it was a special about the AIDS epidemic..during the AIDS epidemic.....so, no, it's not terrible, at all

second

it was written by a 15 year old harmony korrine, who also appeared in the movie...

also, it contained a 15 year old rosario dawson, too

also, countless movies tried to recreate something out of the mind of a 15 year old, so much so, its now a cliche in 2012...

you sound bitter tho, as usual.

your right. there is nothing off the wall about teenagers having sex. its not strange and unusual. it happens everyday.
but what is shocking about it, is the fact that it was presented in american cinema.

and if there was nothing off the wall in Ken Park for you, the you have daddy issues.....know what i mean?

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Ken park and kids are terrible. There is nothing off the wall about teenagers having sex.

laugh.gif

KIDS was funded by HBO
Since when? 

since HBO bought the script off harmony korraine, hired a director, then produced it and aired it exclusively then printed it on VHS and distributed it worldwide with HBO written all over the packaging

you serious, dude?

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

laugh.gif

KIDS was funded by HBO
Since when? 

since HBO bought the script off harmony korraine, hired a director, then produced it and aired it exclusively then printed it on VHS and distributed it worldwide with HBO written all over the packaging

you serious, dude?

Considering everything I've read about the film and Clark/Korine doesn't mention anything about it...and the only info I see about budgeting/distribution links them to Miramax...so yes I am serious. 

have you ever actually watched the movie? HBO is in the opening credits...its "an HBO film"

LMAO

or lemme guess, you "know about" the movie, huh?

the OG DVD box i bought had "HBO FILMS" at the top

and the first time i watched my nephew (who is 10 years older than me) told me he saw it on HBO

this is all i could find tho
Miramax, which is owned by Disney, paid $3.5 million to buy the worldwide distribution rights of this film.[sup][8][/sup] Later, Harvey and Bob Weinstein (the co-chairmen of Miramax) were forced to buy back the film from Disney and created Shining Excalibur Films (a one-off company) to release the film, due to Disney's policy forbidding the release of NC-17 rated movies.[sup][3][/sup] Eamonn Bowles was hired to be the chief operating officer of Shining Excalibur Films.[sup][13][/sup] 

but again, im not going off of a wiki page or something you can read

im telling you it said HBO FILMS on the box and on the opening credits of the version i had.

have you ever actually watched the movie? HBO is in the opening credits...its "an HBO film"

LMAO

or lemme guess, you "know about" the movie, huh?

the OG DVD box i bought had "HBO FILMS" at the top

and the first time i watched my nephew (who is 10 years older than me) told me he saw it on HBO

this is all i could find tho
Miramax, which is owned by Disney, paid $3.5 million to buy the worldwide distribution rights of this film.[sup][8][/sup] Later, Harvey and Bob Weinstein (the co-chairmen of Miramax) were forced to buy back the film from Disney and created Shining Excalibur Films (a one-off company) to release the film, due to Disney's policy forbidding the release of NC-17 rated movies.[sup][3][/sup] Eamonn Bowles was hired to be the chief operating officer of Shining Excalibur Films.[sup][13][/sup] 

but again, im not going off of a wiki page or something you can read

im telling you it said HBO FILMS on the box and on the opening credits of the version i had.

Not once in the opening credits does it say HBO Films. 

Also not listed in HBO's filmography

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0005861/ 

What else you got?

*shrugs* like i said, ive seen the movie literally thousands of times

this is the first time ive even had to research it.

it said HBO films.

i cant even find the box art on google.

maybe miramax and hbo teamed up....

dont really care

cause i know what the %@%# said.

i dont care what wikipedia says about the matter LMAO

Originally Posted by xanadu one

i had one or two Jodorowsky films and skimmed through them to see how they looked. i can't remember if they were Holy Mountain and El Topo or not. i had heard of both of those for sure and i must have heard of Santa Sangre because i was looking up all of his movies. they are definitely in the weird category. but they seem to fall more into the art category as well. maybe a bit heavy on the art side because of the lack of clarity on the plot. there never seems to be a moment where your interested. lol

and you have a good list there. i've never heard of maybe 90% of them. i will look them up and see if they fit in.

i guess as your guys' lists go on i feel like i'm also trying to make sure they have some sort or interesting plot line. if i wanted some weird movie that no one could understand i would just watch Titus
happy.gif
which i am surprised no one has mentioned. that movie didn't even make sense when i was on mushrooms
eek.gif
For sure man Jodorowsky's films aren't for everyone. Definitely heavy on the artistic side, colorful, horrifying and hallucinatory masterpieces. You don't see anything similar in any movies i've ever seen. 

Oh yeah here's a couple more for kicks.

I Stand Alone
Kichiku : Banquet of the Beasts
The Devils (1971)
Flowers of Flesh and Blood
Sweet Movie
Oldboy
The War Zone
The Girl Next Door (Jack Ketchum)

Im personally not a fan of the AUM series...yeah there's the shock factor to it and it is nasty, but its just trash IMO.

^imdb info looks good on almost all of those movies.

do you have a master list? lol
i should just be using that.

and i just finished the strange thing about the johnson's. well done. i was uncomfortable about 75% of the time.

currently dl

lady vengeance
philosophy of a knife (probably gonna split this into 3 sessions the length is ******ed)
i saw the devil.

Back
Top Bottom