I need anyones help!!!

I been collecting since 2004 and being only 21 and seeing how the shoe game is changing from ******** re sellers wasting their time on lines for shoe thinking its a part time job and **** sucks. Now with this raffle and ticket ******** is telling me to change my style to the game....i deciding to collect OG that are rockable from 2003 and up and other pairs that I wanted in the past that i didnt get. Can anyone tell what pairs do yall have from back in the day that you still rock today and how are they holding up? An example could be i want a pair of BC3 from when they had the nike air on the back are those still wearable??

I've always heard it depends on how they were stored and if they were worn vs ds
I think a ds one would crack so maybe get a vnds one that was worn lightly. The 3 midsole tend to break down easy cause its just made of foam

I agree with u i was looking at a pair of 3 that wore a few times lightly and they seem good but i am worried about how the air unit fogs up i heard that if u wear like that they will pop is that true do u have a personal experience like that 

The flint 7's from 04(or 06 I think).. Hold up well.. The bc's 3's from 2001 arent gana last long.. Even if u find a nds pair that is still rockable.. U only got a few years on those.. Unless u sole swap..3's and 4's have the worst midsoles.. They crumble easily

I agree with u i was looking at a pair of 3 that wore a few times lightly and they seem good but i am worried about how the air unit fogs up i heard that if u wear like that they will pop is that true do u have a personal experience like that 
Never experienced that.  The midsole crumbling I've experienced though.

A lot of it is the luck of the draw, honestly.

You want models that are basically impervious to these issues? 1s are the best. XIIs and XIIIs are good too.XIs aren't really that bad. The clear sole will come off at some point, but that can just be reglued.

I have several pairs of '99 Vs and don't have any problems. But, some people do. My Nike Air VIs are wearable too, but I've also seen crumbling. I see people wearing '99 IVs, but wouldn't hold up. I have wearable OG Aquas that were reglued. ...It's not such a hard and fast rule.

The best models to collect, vintage-wise, IMO are AF1s and Dunks. Among the worst are AM 95s. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Hmm now that u mention 7z one of my holy grails are the french blue 7z from 02 do u think those would hold up well??

If you heat up the air unit with a hair dryer it will defog.

Just because you can de fog the air unit doesn't make it any more structurally sound. If anything I think it would fool a buyer into believing they r rock able when they aren't. On another note, I wonder why we sneakerheads buy all these shoes when we know they will crumble

Also I wonder why ppl say 12 are tanks. In 05 I got a ds og white red and put them on my feet. All I did was transfer from my chair and back and the midsole started to hairline crack. I'm in a wheelchair so I don't walk in my shoes

Pretty much any shoe can crack/crumble...even foamposites

Soles separate and the plastic tab with jumpman on it can crack with OG 12s...but over all they do hold up well

It all depends on how they're stored and the location...high humidity isn't good for kicks.

My pair of OG low 16's I purchased on RD in 01 that I had worn/played in crumbed walking around while leaving my house.

I bought DS OG Cherrywood Mid 16 last year and they are holding up fine.

View media item 171952
R.I.P 8/4/01- 9/13/11

Last edited:
Now here is my question I found a good deal on a pair of French blue 7 and they are ds so u think these will hold up fine with light use

@Stan. My french blue 7's are holding up good. I just used some retrobrite to take the yellow off the rubber at the toe box. @ ziggy. Og 12's are TANKS! Since 97 all my og 12's are still holding up. No crumbling whatsoever. I just had to reglue my black/red 12 soles after 15 yrs.

Air bubbles aren't supposed to pop unless they're done on purpose or due to a manufacturing error. Which Nike used to warrant. Not sure on their policy these days. And about defogging the air bubble..that's only temporary. The reason they fog up is cuz of little holes that get created over time in the air bubble, which weakens it. So a blow dryer ain't gonna fix the bigger issue. I've done it with my 2000 metallic v's and it defogged...for about 10 minutes and fogged right back up. This is just based on my experience tho and what I've learned in the past or read about..

if your talking 3s, 4s, 5s or 6s from the early 2000s your gonna wanna look for a pair that was worn often. You always wanna ask the seller if the midsoles are firm or soft. If they're soft they've got a pretty good chance of crumbling after a few wears.

Last edited:
if your talking 3s, 4s, 5s or 6s from the early 2000s your gonna wanna look for a pair that was worn often. You always wanna ask the buyers if the midsoles are firm or soft. If they're soft they've got a pretty good chance of crumbling after a few wears.
Thats exactly what I wanted to say too. My 00 metallic v's have a soft midsole compared to my firm 07s. That's a big give away on how wearable they are too.

Might as well pay resell then waste money on expensive old shoes that'll break apart.

@jackYea! Thats great then that one of the french blues are still good did u buy them DS? 

Last edited:
@Stan. LOL! Yeah, youngin. I brought them deadstock......straight out of the store exactly 10 years ago! Don't let my post count fool you. I have been around for years and have been collecting jordans since around 1993. I miss those days. Check out my receipt. I could walk in the store close to closing time and still pick up shoes....and not even get charged tax! I still have some of my same connects, but times have changed. After the aqua 5's release, I think I'm done unless JB release some OG colorways of shoes that I was never able to get my hands on when I was younger like maroon 6's, the september blue 6's or if they release the city series of the 10's.View media item 172368View media item 172369

@ Jack No **** look at those i had a good deal on them from a dude in NY but i passed on them you think if i bought them DS now they will be good to wear??

Back
Top Bottom