I need some tips and general advice about free-formin or semi free formin dreadlocks

wuddup NT I've been growin my hair for five months (I shaved it bald bfor startin so its takin me a lil longer than usual) but I'm at almost 3 inches and I'm tryinal free-form my locks but I really don't kno wher to start, someone told me to semi free-form (get em twisted at least once bfor lettin em go) but I wanna hear your take on this, as far as when I should begin the lockin process (how long of hair do I truly need), how to cover hair at nite to sleep and how to stay as natural (without any products) as possible
also I want em really thick like alot thicker than usual so if u hav any tips on how to make that work or u hav any pics please feel free to share

for thickness I wanna eventually reach somethin like this (I wus told to do the sections thick n then combinin two sections into one later on)

wuddup NT I've been growin my hair for five months (I shaved it bald bfor startin so its takin me a lil longer than usual) but I'm at almost 3 inches and I'm tryinal free-form my locks but I really don't kno wher to start, someone told me to semi free-form (get em twisted at least once bfor lettin em go) but I wanna hear your take on this, as far as when I should begin the lockin process (how long of hair do I truly need), how to cover hair at nite to sleep and how to stay as natural (without any products) as possible
also I want em really thick like alot thicker than usual so if u hav any tips on how to make that work or u hav any pics please feel free to share

for thickness I wanna eventually reach somethin like this (I wus told to do the sections thick n then combinin two sections into one later on)

Some of it depends on the texture of your hair. If your hair is naturally thick/coarse, your locs will be the same.

I'm not free-forming, but my hair is locked and I barely ever get them retwisted. I read somewhere that the best method to start free-form locs is back-combing.

Some of it depends on the texture of your hair. If your hair is naturally thick/coarse, your locs will be the same.

I'm not free-forming, but my hair is locked and I barely ever get them retwisted. I read somewhere that the best method to start free-form locs is back-combing.

^1970s england, group called steele pulse, theyr mad dope tho check em out, they made the song "can't stand it" from the movie "do the right thing"

^1970s england, group called steele pulse, theyr mad dope tho check em out, they made the song "can't stand it" from the movie "do the right thing"

After 2 years of letting my hair grow, I got something called a "dreadperm". worst mistake ever
30t6p3b.gif

After 2 years of letting my hair grow, I got something called a "dreadperm". worst mistake ever
30t6p3b.gif

^o yea its always better to keep it as natural as possible, but cmon NT wher da dreadlock experts at? I need yall's opinion on this smh...

^o yea its always better to keep it as natural as possible, but cmon NT wher da dreadlock experts at? I need yall's opinion on this smh...

Back
Top Bottom