I never knew that......

the generic "on hold" music you've most likely heard from a bunch of different companies is called "Opus no. 1" and was made by Tim Carleton for Cisco

this remix slaps:

Didn’t this only start after this year’s Miles Teller Super Bowl Bud Light ad? I only started hearing it on a bunch of hold systems after this year’s Super Bowl.

Didn’t this only start after this year’s Miles Teller Super Bowl Bud Light ad? I only started hearing it on a bunch of hold systems after this year’s Super Bowl.

this dude made it in 2016, prob depends on who you're calling and noticing it after the commercial.

edit: or it blew up afterwards and a bunch of companies threw it on their systems lol

450px-Tom_Swift_and_his_electric_rifle-cover_page.jpg

The inventor of the taser was inspired by this book and the word is an acronym for

Thomas
A
Swift's
Electric
Rifle

He added the "A" as the middle initial so that it would be closer to an actual word like "laser"

gatdamn, tell us you’re young af without saying you’re young af

no way that was made in 2016

Tell us you’re young because I said something about the Miles Teller SB commercial… can’t wait to hear your random explanation :lol:

That hold music gotta be bout 30 years old by now, I imagine that's why so many liked the SB commercial because they can related boppin to it a little to it while waiting.

so google says "2016" on the release date, but the guys were messing around in '89 and made a crude version of it. then Carleton went on to work at Cisco in the '90s and gave it to them and a legend was born.

https://www.replicant.com/blog/the-surprising-roots-of-one-of-the-most-common-hold-music-songs/

But what you probably don’t know is the peculiar history of one of the most-played songs to ever grace the world’s airwaves.

It was composed in 1989 by the duo of Tim Carleton and and Darrick Deel and recorded on a 4-track.

The former of the duo was a 16-year-old “Yanni-loving computer nerd, messing around with a drum machine and a synthesizer in his parents’ garage in California,” according with an interview with him in 2014 on “This American Life.”

The song went forgotten for almost a decade until some time in the ’90s. A that time, Deel, it turned out, had gone on to work for the then-startup Cisco.

While in the process of designing their initial phone systems, Deel offered the music to the team

yeah 2016 sounded way too soon, Google lied to me.

googsmh.PNG

100% sounded new to me, dude was surprised I haven’t been on his elevators and hold calls since Gordon Gekko talked bout greed

Back
Top Bottom