I really think that JB should consider re-retroing the Fire Red 3s asap. What do you guys think?

drewsone, nice pic! I think part of the problem with the newer elephant print of the retros is the lines in the elephant print are MUCH thicker. It makes it tougher for that contrast of dark on light to show through, but I agree with you. That contrast between the darker elephant print and the straight cement leather on the lace locks is part of what makes the Fire Red colorway look so good.

After some wear, the elephant print on the retros lightens up, and I'm sure age has affected a lot of the O.G.'s that are out there. It's pretty clear in the pic above that the print is a darker grey than the cement color that everyone keeps saying should be on the Fire Red.

Peace,
J

Originally Posted by jshortt

drewsone, nice pic! I think part of the problem with the newer elephant print of the retros is the lines in the elephant print are MUCH thicker. It makes it tougher for that contrast of dark on light to show through, but I agree with you. That contrast between the darker elephant print and the straight cement leather on the lace locks is part of what makes the Fire Red colorway look so good.

After some wear, the elephant print on the retros lightens up, and I'm sure age has affected a lot of the O.G.'s that are out there. It's pretty clear in the pic above that the print is a darker grey than the cement color that everyone keeps saying should be on the Fire Red.

Peace,
J
Thanks! And yeah. A lot of people were saying that the FRs had "regular print" so I thought it was like that light cement grey print color that has been on all of the other 3's. In the pic I posted you can clearly see that the OG print, although it is lighter than the retro print, is still darker than other 3s. But when if they ever do re-retro it'll be a for sure cop! I like the dark retro print personally haha. Only thing that really bothers me is the fact that the heel tabs will yellow over time.
frown.gif

tumblr_loq8i6AC9m1r0pk1oo1_500.png

This is a great comparison of the OG vs Retro. Anyone who says it's a matter of aging should re-evaluate after taking a look at the side by side. Completely different elephant print. Granted, these are all yellowed and aging, but the two shoes have quite different looks due to the dark black used on the retros.

Would love to see them come back with the OG-style print. So JB if you're reading, give us this release with the proper elephant print!

great shoes even cracked, I beat 3 pairs into the ground. Won't be long before they retro an all fire red series so I can wait.
pimp.gif

i love my pair and quality you people complain too much here about quality just don't buy it and thats it

Originally Posted by trappedintime

tumblr_loq8i6AC9m1r0pk1oo1_500.png

This is a great comparison of the OG vs Retro. Anyone who says it's a matter of aging should re-evaluate after taking a look at the side by side. Completely different elephant print. Granted, these are all yellowed and aging, but the two shoes have quite different looks due to the dark black used on the retros.

Would love to see them come back with the OG-style print. So JB if you're reading, give us this release with the proper elephant print!
  Still darker than the light cement color that everybody keeps saying should be on them.

Peace,
   J

I would like another pair cuz my pair cracked badly but they aint  in bad condition. Guess i gotta repaint but dat sucks

one of my favorite CW of the III, my fave CW is those Spizikes versions, the Red Cement , Was that CW ever a CW for the III?

love my pair, but the midsole and red paint cracking doesn't do it for me. they're retired until i can find a way to touch em up and look presentable.

Ive seen pic when JD had the Katrina 3s on, I found the thread of the KATRINA 3s on here

katrina 3s doesnt sound familiar but if they ever retro fire red 3s if they ever ever ever, which they will, they gotta do it the way the did the originals. the 07 retro was nothing like the original the darker cement and using more red, a different shade at that, the original is fresh as hell.

A retro of the OG Fire Reds (with the lighter Cement) is what I'd like to see. Something about the look of the darker cement didn't work work for me but to each their own.....

Back
Top Bottom