I see firsthand what you guys say about quality...

Someone will have the genius to make the shoes with the exact same quality that they used to. They sell crap for 160.00... Why not make them one more time, group them all under a "Jordan OG" tag and charge 300 or more for each pair?... you know it's coming.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Shows you just how great the brand once was.

I can't even look at those pics without being in awe. 
yes, it was once a great brand.  i used to buy my shoes and look/hold them in awe.  well, now, they are just garbage.  when the true blue 3's released, i tried them on and i couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing on my feet...fake/pleather looking imposters. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

yes, it was once a great brand.  i used to buy my shoes and look/hold them in awe.  well, now, they are just garbage.  when the true blue 3's released, i tried them on and i couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing on my feet...fake/pleather looking imposters. 
30t6p3b.gif
Ha, same way I felt about the 3's that released this year.   Rather have 1 pair of greatness, than multiple pairs of crap. 

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

30t6p3b.gif
Ha, same way I felt about the 3's that released this year.   Rather have 1 pair of greatness, than multiple pairs of crap. 
this
grin.gif

In 10 yrs, those greatness pairs are gunna crumble to crap and those crap pairs is gunna be considered greatness compared to what they're gunna put out, the materials/quality gets cheaper and cheaper as time goes on, theres nothing we can really do

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

In 10 yrs, those greatness pairs are gunna crumble to crap and those crap pairs is gunna be considered greatness compared to what they're gunna put out, the materials/quality gets cheaper and cheaper as time goes on, theres nothing we can really do

Once that happens, and my old retros are crumbling, I will be officially done.   Then again, we see people wearing '85 1's with no problems.  
There's really nothing to look forward to. 

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

Once that happens, and my old retros are crumbling, I will be officially done.   Then again, we see people wearing '85 1's with no problems.  
There's really nothing to look forward to. 
QFT. I'm older and I regret spending so much on JB. There used to be a certain charm in wearing JB product but it's all gone out the window with the oversaturation of sheer garbage.

Case in point, the XII re-re-retro with the bastardization of the silhouette (Claves, TXTs, CMFT) and use of suede and pleather. I have the same contempt for JB now as I did for 'Phat Pharm' back in the early '00s.  

Those are specially made for display like the look see
Samples and not pairs from the mass production.
Not saying that those use better materials
But they are meant to have the perfect
Shapes and proportions.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

Why cant they copy the new molds from these sneakers, its 2011.

b/c they would make less profit, which is what they and Nike are all about these days....that's the sad reality of today, but can you blame them though when they have a bunch of people buying who don't know the shoes like we do AS WELL as people on NT who do know that the shoes suck, but who for some reason still buy them
JB/ Nike are just taking advantage of the situation that NT unintentionally helped develop in late 90s, a market of sheep who want what's "cool", ignoring all else. Nike, through NT and other sites saw what we wanted and tried to produce more heads by creating artificial demand, then once they had the audience who would buy no matter what, they took advantage and exploited it, thus why we have the trash today.
I agree with everything except the reasoning for why they've cheaped out so much over the last few years.  I don't think NT had much to do with it.  Remember, the majority of people buying JB products today have never looked at anything relating to them on the internet, much less specifically NT.  What Nike/JB has done is what MANY "once great" brands eventually do.  They come out with revolutionary, high grade products to make a name for themselves, build a great reputation in the industry, and then rely on that reputation to keep carrying them and selling products while reducing the quality to increase profits.  Happens all the time.  Bose and Alpine....I bet many people still think they are some of the best speakers you can buy, when in all reality, they have been mediocre at the very, very best for well over a decade now.  Calvin Klein, Perry Ellis, and all these "designer brands"....no better today than the private label clothes you find at JCPenney and Kohl's, or even Walmart and K-mart.  They're made in the same low quality control Chinese sweatshops.

It sucks that money rules everything, and therefore overrides honor, pride and heritage, but that is the unfortunate truth we have to deal with, and it is a truth that exists for JB with or without NT.

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

how do they keep the soles so icy? climate control?
THIS
They do it like in art museums to avoid strong lights, humidity and contact to anykind of oil, fat etc.

That's why they are protected in the display case there.

Otherwise they will yellow and the midsoles could start crumbling too.

Originally Posted by MBen32

pimp.gif

I never understood why the toe box on retro X's is so much different than the OG's, anyone have any idea?

although I think the Retro toe box is better.
ohwell.gif

Jordan didnt like the cap on the 10s....so he ordered the brand to remove it in mid production. thats y some OG's have the cap n some dont

Reason quality is going down?? Heres an example

I met a girl the other day n i saw she had some AF1s on n before i could comment them she says to me "yes their real" So i asked "so ur into shoes huh...do u know numbers too?" her response "no i just go into foot locker n ask for the newest J's........
30t6p3b.gif

As long as those people are buying "J's" JB has no reason at all to up quality...n those people are in the majority. We are the minority unfortunately

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

how do they keep the soles so icy? climate control?
THIS
They do it like in art museums to avoid strong lights, humidity and contact to anykind of oil, fat etc.

That's why they are protected in the display case there.

Otherwise they will yellow and the midsoles could start crumbling too.

yeah, makes sense. thanks for the info.

^ "black/red Space Jams"
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

Why cant they copy the new molds from these sneakers, its 2011.

b/c they would make less profit, which is what they and Nike are all about these days....that's the sad reality of today, but can you blame them though when they have a bunch of people buying who don't know the shoes like we do AS WELL as people on NT who do know that the shoes suck, but who for some reason still buy them
JB/ Nike are just taking advantage of the situation that NT unintentionally helped develop in late 90s, a market of sheep who want what's "cool", ignoring all else. Nike, through NT and other sites saw what we wanted and tried to produce more heads by creating artificial demand, then once they had the audience who would buy no matter what, they took advantage and exploited it, thus why we have the trash today.
I agree with everything except the reasoning for why they've cheaped out so much over the last few years.  I don't think NT had much to do with it.  Remember, the majority of people buying JB products today have never looked at anything relating to them on the internet, much less specifically NT.  What Nike/JB has done is what MANY "once great" brands eventually do.  They come out with revolutionary, high grade products to make a name for themselves, build a great reputation in the industry, and then rely on that reputation to keep carrying them and selling products while reducing the quality to increase profits.  Happens all the time.  Bose and Alpine....I bet many people still think they are some of the best speakers you can buy, when in all reality, they have been mediocre at the very, very best for well over a decade now.  Calvin Klein, Perry Ellis, and all these "designer brands"....no better today than the private label clothes you find at JCPenney and Kohl's, or even Walmart and K-mart.  They're made in the same low quality control Chinese sweatshops.

It sucks that money rules everything, and therefore overrides honor, pride and heritage, but that is the unfortunate truth we have to deal with, and it is a truth that exists for JB with or without NT.

You're are entirely right about JB existing with or without NT, BUT in terms of quality and product changes by NIKE/ JB,
NT had a lot to do with it, once Nike saw sites like NT, the other site etc and took notice of our market ( One of the reasons NT started was to try to influence Nike's decisions on new product when in reality it gave them just a new market), they exploited us and tried to create more of that customer, which consequently led to the HB who will buy no matter what trash they put put simply because it is hot....BUT honestly I think this would have happened anyways even if Nike didn't take notice of our market just maybe not as soon as 03/04, since the majority of people buying Jordans have always known less than us in terms of quality etc.............Jordans being a status symbol, in addition to what I just mentioned, is why JB can currently do what it does.

Originally Posted by thebeast23

Reason quality is going down?? Heres an example

I met a girl the other day n i saw she had some AF1s on n before i could comment them she says to me "yes their real" So i asked "so ur into shoes huh...do u know numbers too?" her response "no i just go into foot locker n ask for the newest J's........
30t6p3b.gif

As long as those people are buying "J's" JB has no reason at all to up quality...n those people are in the majority. We are the minority unfortunately

30t6p3b.gif
at said girl

Originally Posted by MBen32

pimp.gif

I never understood why the toe box on retro X's is so much different than the OG's, anyone have any idea?

although I think the Retro toe box is better.
ohwell.gif
Jordan didn't like the toe box and told them take it off!!!!

Back
Top Bottom