I see firsthand what you guys say about quality...

Originally Posted by fresh2323

Originally Posted by MBen32

pimp.gif

I never understood why the toe box on retro X's is so much different than the OG's, anyone have any idea?

although I think the Retro toe box is better.
ohwell.gif
Jordan didn't like the toe box and told them take it off!!!!
Unlike all other Air Jordans, Michael Jordan was not consulted in the design of these.
So when Tinker visited MJ in Chicago and showed him the production sample,

MJ immediately told Tinker to remove the toe cap as he wanted them to look more

clean at the front. Unfortunately the production was already accomplished on the

white/black-steel greys and the only stopped it with the Black-Dark Shadows.

All regionals were without toe cap then in the first place. 

that is fascinating how they look so "un-aged". some of the OG's do hold up pretty well vs time but seeing the 2's - 10's literally in DS condition w/ 0 yellowing/crumbling is just incredible. they must have some kind of temperature/moisture controlled case.

Originally Posted by fresh2323

Originally Posted by MBen32

pimp.gif

I never understood why the toe box on retro X's is so much different than the OG's, anyone have any idea?

although I think the Retro toe box is better.
ohwell.gif
Jordan didn't like the toe box and told them take it off!!!!

That started in 1990 with the production of the OG 6s......he went to Tinker and told him no more tips on the toebox.....from now on, he wanted his shoes to have a clean tip like all of his formal shoes......the og steel 10s were designed by Tinker with the impression that MJ was retired so he had more freedom to work on the shoe.....hence the fact that when the regionals were produced....MJ was un-retired and therefore u have the clean tips on the toebox back.....

i didnt think these were OG tho? they seem so clean and new to be OG, especially the 1s. i might be wrong tho. nonetheless they are mint as.

Why cant they release the 1s like that. Seriously, them like that and only like that is how they should be. I look at my black toes and I cringe cos of the shape and quality difference.

1arm1da wrote:
i didnt think these were OG tho? they seem so clean and new to be OG, especially the 1s.  
All of them are original models apart from the White/black IVs (topically)

They are not especially made "showcase" pairs as I think someone suggested a few pages back -just regular pairs made for MJ that he never wore.
In fact, they are all in the sort of condition you would expect them to be -the simple reason they're still fresh is because they were left untouched and stored in the right environment.

Gotta love these VII's
SC-MJ11.jpg

and what is up with these V??

SC-MJ5.jpg

And the contract!!

SC-MJ-9.jpg

And the Concords

SC-MJ26.jpg

Those IV's have to be retro from 1999

SC-MJ20.jpg

The vii looks like it was taken right off bugs bunnys foot. That v looks like it's had better days.

Seeing all of those makes me lightheaded lol! Those X's are nuts, ive never seen the toebox like that... quality has gone seriously downhill, those countdown packs were a disgrace.

I'm pretty sure all those were just made specifically for the exhibit.

IMO they should start releasing OGs as "Jordan OG" with Nike Air and Jordan Retros as "Jordan Retro +" with any non OG colorways and all new ones. OGs would be higher quality and Retros would be what we got now.

OGs would be 175 and Retro + would be 135. This will likely happen when Lebron and Kobe are done and Jordans athletic achievements are farther out of public memory, so a Brand dedicated to Jordan wouldn't be necessary anymore.

Back
Top Bottom