I think I want to ask my best friend out vol good idea or bad idea?

So I've this friend since high school.  We've known each other for about five years now, we're pretty much bffs for life. Anyway, the way we met in high school was because I asked her out on a date and we went out on one date, had a good time, but it didn't work out because I got back with my ex, stupid idea, I know.  Basically, we've been attracted to each other in the past, and I still think she's pretty hot and I think she thinks that way of me as well. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Anyway, we've been chilling more than usual lately and I'm getting a lot of hints that she may want to start something up, but I don't want to ask her out if I'm reading these hints wrong.  It could potentially ruin one of my best friendships, nahhhh mean?  How do I go about finding out if she is interested without making it obvious?

Cliffnotes: I want to start something with one of my good friends.  Don't know if I should risk the friendship. She is super hot.

how old are you two?

if it's your bff then you should def be able to share this with her w/ absolutely no consequences even if she isn't thinking the same thing.

but if it's your bff you should know her pretty well and you say you think she's dropping the hints ....

so go 'head and express your sentiments next time you hang and you think she's "dropping a hint."

^
laugh.gif

If you guys are hanging out a bit, why not ask her out to dinner?

It could either be as a date or as friends. See what her reaction is and go from there in regards to how she's viewing it.

Originally Posted by young dr0

how old are you two?

if it's your bff then you should def be able to share this with her w/ absolutely no consequences even if she isn't thinking the same thing.

but if it's your bff you should know her pretty well and you say you think she's dropping the hints ....

so go 'head and express your sentiments next time you hang and you think she's "dropping a hint."
We are both 20.  I don't know man, I just don't want to drop the bomb and it turns out she doesn't feel the same way and it turns out awkward and boom goes the bomb, friendship gone.

Originally Posted by ChiHigh91

We are both 20.  I don't know man, I just don't want to drop the bomb and it turns out she doesn't feel the same way and it turns out awkward and boom goes the bomb, friendship gone.
but you say she's been dropping the hints though ... right?

this is your "BFF for life" so you should know her pretty damn well ...

and if y'all are that close, best friends for life, it should NEVER be awkward when anything happens.

and nothing would bomb the friendship you have.

if you're apprehensive just do it jokingly to gauge a response.

and if y'all are that close, best friends for life, it should NEVER be awkward when anything happens.

if your going this way , go with caution and luck.  maybe you should talk about the first date you guys went on.  thatd be an okay start i think.  

if your going this way , go with caution and luck.  maybe you should talk about the first date you guys went on.  thatd be an okay start i think.  

I've ruined a friendship like this. I think its worth a shot though if you think she's interested. Since in the past you chose your ex over her she might not think you are interested so you need to show her. If she starts seeing someone else you will probably regret not asking her out first. Good luck.

Alright dudes, I will start dropping some subtle hints with her too.  
Like I don't know about you guys but some of her hints would be like:

• I went to this event a couple weekends ago and I was going with my homies and she was going with her friends.  And she found out that I was going and she texted me the same day as the event and said "I better see you tonight!"  We ended up meeting up and we just danced and held hands the whole time.  We both were not sober though.  But then again, I've always said, the way you are on drugs, reflects your true inner emotions.
  • I met one of her friends last weekend and her friend said, "Oh I heard you asked her out a long time ago!" And I said "Yeah, that a was a long %$! time ago, she told you that?!"  And she said, "Yeah, she talks about you." 

It's easy to tell if a girl likes you. And if you two are as close as you saw you are, then you'd know if she was harboring any feelings for you.

I hate to burst your bubble but if it hasn't happened yet, it won't happen...ever. Crossing into the friendzone - which you are firmly established in - is like an admittance of zero sexual chemistry. Don't confuse her friendly gestures and the time spent together as flirting or attraction. There are plenty of fish in the sea and honestly, you have to stop hanging out with this BFF if you want to get with other women.

So I've this friend since high school.  We've known each other for about five years now, we're pretty much bffs for life. Anyway, the way we met in high school was because I asked her out on a date and we went out on one date, had a good time, but it didn't work out because I got back with my ex, stupid idea, I know.  Basically, we've been attracted to each other in the past, and I still think she's pretty hot and I think she thinks that way of me as well. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Anyway, we've been chilling more than usual lately and I'm getting a lot of hints that she may want to start something up, but I don't want to ask her out if I'm reading these hints wrong.  It could potentially ruin one of my best friendships, nahhhh mean?  How do I go about finding out if she is interested without making it obvious?

Cliffnotes: I want to start something with one of my good friends.  Don't know if I should risk the friendship. She is super hot.

All I read....

Pics?

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

It's easy to tell if a girl likes you. And if you two are as close as you saw you are, then you'd know if she was harboring any feelings for you.

I hate to burst your bubble but if it hasn't happened yet, it won't happen...ever. Crossing into the friendzone - which you are firmly established in - is like an admittance of zero sexual chemistry. Don't confuse her friendly gestures and the time spent together as flirting or attraction. There are plenty of fish in the sea and honestly, you have to stop hanging out with this BFF if you want to get with other women.
I wouldn't say we have ZERO sexual chemistry.  I mean, on a slow night, we've both been drunk before and hooked up no feelings attached.  And based on the things we did at the event a few weekends back, I would say we have some fantastic sexual chemistry. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Something isn't right here...dudes swears on the bible that she's super hot and only 2 people have bothered to ask for PICS?
COME ON NT

Back
Top Bottom