I think I'm going to be the 1st black Olympic ski champ..(pics)

I'm kidding...However, I had a lot of fun on my 1st ski trip...My girl took me on a ski trip this weekend to celebrateare 3rd month anniversary...All weekend people looked at us like "Who are these black people out here trying to ski?"

Have any of you ever been skiing? If so how many times did you fall?

I fell a few times, and one time I ended up crashing into a wall of ice, doing a full flip and landed on myback...I think I was out cold for a few seconds and opened my eyes and realized my sticks and ski's were 5 ft away from me..It's all good, I got rightback up and went on that same slope again...

I know I'll get flamed for this but Skiing >>>> Swimming on the beach

Share your skiing stories..

10625dbed087855745f9552bccc13984d1768cd.pjpg

bc315ce6815a4991739b7e8a0d6ce08ca2faa57.pjpg
79225d4e3e8cf58a47d9e120eef23ed922b96b1.pjpg
dfe35fddecac80fe507d4ad7997a8d09daf2e8f.pjpg
76c156e980504a9fce035b120747a58b3ac93bb.pjpg
df6351c6ecb685c8562345d992ef23f1cf448ef.pjpg
a562537ef38b35624d490a06c5fb2f121036158.pjpg
cd935855e642860c51964926955819c827ba83a.pjpg

where was this?

a few years back i hit up the poconos with my fam. Went snowboarding then skiing. Couldnt Snowboard but skiing worked out fine for me.. too bad i never gotdown the concept of stopping and i broke thru the tape at the bottom of the slope and ended up on a frozen lake

Snowboarding > Skiing

Nah just playing...thats cool you got out there on the mountain. I've actually been seeing more and more black and asian people out on the mountains.I'm Indian but I rarely see any other indians out there.

Originally Posted by tkay dot

where was this?

a few years back i hit up the poconos with my fam. Went snowboarding then skiing. Couldnt Snowboard but skiing worked out fine for me.. too bad i never got down the concept of stopping and i broke thru the tape at the bottom of the slope and ended up on a frozen lake

It was at a small ski resort in Lake Geneva, WI...I didnt even try to snowboard. Maybe next time...I feel you, I didnt get the concept of stoppingeither...I felt I was going to tear an ACL when I tried to slow down.
Frozen lake? DAMN!

All weekend people looked at us like "Who are these black people out here trying to ski?"
lol. so true.

I've been skiing for over half my life...and there are very few black people who ski

it's: White >>>>> East Asian >> Hispanic >>>>>>>>> Black

skiing is awesome... I learned when I was 8, living in Norway....skiied almost every day.

how about getting punched(your ticket, not your face) by the ski-patrol for reckless skiing after hitting a jump at the bottom of a hill andflying over a woman.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

All weekend people looked at us like "Who are these black people out here trying to ski?"
lol. so true.

I've been skiing for over half my life...and there are very few black people who ski

it's: White >>>>> East Asian >> Hispanic >>>>>>>>> Black

skiing is awesome... I learned when I was 8, living in Norway....skiied almost every day.

how about getting punched(your ticket, not your face) by the ski-patrol for reckless skiing after hitting a jump at the bottom of a hill and flying over a woman.

Reckless skiing?
roll.gif
roll.gif
. I dont know what I would've done if I saw someone fly over me whileskiing..

That looks like Cascade Mountain in WI...I was just there last weekend.

First time ever skiing/snowboarding, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Regardless of my mountain man appearance, me and snow covered mountains dont mix.

It was at a small ski resort in Lake Geneva, WI...

Me and my girl usually ride out to Lake Geneva once every few months, I've never been skiing there tho. I'm guessing you were not only the only blackpeople on the slopes, but probably in the whole town lol.

how about getting punched(your ticket, not your face) by the ski-patrol for reckless skiing after hitting a jump at the bottom of a hill and flying over a woman.
i snowboard but same sort of deal. some little kid thought the landing of a tabletop was a good spot to hang out. i blasted him at about 30mph.
laugh.gif

I felt like too the first, second and last time i went snowboarding.

Yes skiing is great, I used to go alot when I was in college and the wife and I went a bunch before having kids. Nothing more hiliarious than getting off thelift first and watching her take out a few getting off that thing.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by adidas All Day I Dream About Shoes

Snowboarding is the way to go.

Then again, I've never skied.

Ditto.

They say skiing is easier to learn but harder to perfect and snowboarding is harder to learn but easier to perfect.

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Nothing more hiliarious than getting off the lift first and watching her take out a few getting off that thing.
laugh.gif
My girl did that the 1st time....She fell flat on her back and almost caused a traffic jam. I fell trying to avoid her and ended up getting stuck..

Back
Top Bottom