i think it's safe to say Rick Ross won the battle against 50 Cent

dre-ross-khaled.jpg
50 might be getting blackballed for messing with people's careers. when you have your own boss messing with a dude who you hate you know it's a wrap.

50 has sold more records and generated more money than Ross ever will though.
If we're talking about "relevancy" than yes you could say he won but 50 cares about numbers and he still reigns king there.
Ross is making better music now but if he keeps using them recycled trap riddims.....

Not a good look for 50.

But not surprised one bit. Dre is ALL about business.

Dre looks mad uncomfortable.

I seriously can never understand how Ross is winning... At anything.
Is he winning based off general perception? Or gettin his songs on radio?

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

He just didn't lose.

This
After what 50 did to ja and murder inc as a whole he hasnt been putting people away like he used to. Ross was un scared the whole c.o thing while in the start was big died out. 

You can even look at jada and fat joe they are still out there. Cam is still being Cam. 

Im not saying 50 is hurting cause everyone knows thats farthest from the truth but on the hot music aspect and being the career finisher that he was he isnt where he used to be. 

All Ross did was manage to weather the storm. He's never gunna be bigger than 50. 50's just managing to defeat his own career these days.

As for Dre standing there he looks mad uncomfortable. He must have been obligated to be there.

Seems like Dre never really embraced 50. Kinda justifies 50 lashing out at him. 50 got Dre's artist and label hot and then when things started to go bad he just washed his hands of the situation completely. Dre is supposed to be the one holding the reins to everything but he seems more interested in just capitalizing off it. Now Dre working with 50's enemies. Kinda wack.

But anyways, I don't even wanna waste any time debating this dudes moves. He hasn't put out a hot beat/song in ages and Detox is still just a myth. Someone alert me when Dre isn't washed up anymore.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Seems like Dre never really embraced 50. Kinda justifies 50 lashing out at him. 50 got Dre's artist and label hot and then when things started to go bad he just washed his hands of the situation completely. Dre is supposed to be the one holding the reins to everything but he seems more interested in just capitalizing off it. Now Dre working with 50's enemies. Kinda wack.

But anyways, I don't even wanna waste any time debating this dudes moves. He hasn't put out a hot beat/song in ages and Detox is still just a myth. Someone alert me when Dre isn't washed up anymore.
/thread.

When it's all said and done, what 50 has done in his life is more impressive than anything Ross has done. He's dominated radio/had box office success/made good business moves. Obviously Ross is hotter right now, but he'll probably never have a run like 50 from '03-'06.

As far as the "battle" is concerned, I wouldn't really say Ross won. He'd be a lot bigger right now if everybody didn't consider him a total fraud. I guess people think he won because he still has a career, but that speaks to the quality of the music...it has nothing to do with the "battle". After Jay got Ether'd, people really started comparing post-beef careers as a means to justify someone losing a battle. That %### is not relevant.

As for 50, his timing/choice of singles has just been terrible since 08. Him losing steam had nothing to do with Ross.

Whoa, expected to see mad Ross slurping and 50 slandering.

Someone said it best, he weathered the storm. This beef did hurt Ross but it also helped him. I don't know a man over 20 that listens to him after all that stuff happened but his name is bigger and he's bigger than ever.

I'm past 20 and I still listen to ross. Fraud or not, music is music. And Ross has been dropping nothing but good music IMO.

If I had no understanding of who either artist was outside of their music, Ross wins.

Lyrically and sonically, 50 doesn't hold a candle to Ross these days.

Thats all that matters to me.

All the stuff in magazines and gossip is for people who need extra reasons to connect with artists..thats a personal decision they make.

I am first and foremost a consumer of music. The only thing that matters to me is the product ultimately. This is all entertainment to me, no matter how rooted in fact or fiction. At the end of the day, I and many others that consume this music in the western world do not live these tales.

I don't care of Taylor Swift or Adele's songs are all from an honest place and from real situations (as i've heard both of them state)...it makes for interesting back-talk but at the end of the day, the song either sucks or it doesn't. And no amount of truth will make me like a song more than what it already does for me.

Ross has been winning since Deeper than Rap.

His sales haven't been up, but his tours and radio presence? Undeniable.

50 is good for a really hot song once a year...Down on Me was a club smash and its not fair to count him out completely. Dude still manages to throw out a heater once in a while. Better than most artists for sure...but in terms of consistency and range of content available, its really disproportionate.

...in all I'd say Ross didn't "win"...but he weathered the storm REALLY damn well...a little too well.

I don't think theres a way to "win" against 50...hes always gonna be around in some capacity or another...and leave it to the "fans" to count another man's money as a measure of his success over the quality of his content as an "artist"...but thats a whole other story. Remember Steve Jobs was only 1/50th as rich a Bill Gates... Its kinda the Apple vs Microsoft argument if you want to think of it that way.

Yep this was very telling. Dre just put him on, but it seems like it was always just about business.

Dre was just another record executive at the end of the day to 50 and I guess 50 thought the friendship was more than it was. Much like The Game did. 

People just got tired of the 50 antics. And Ross kept putting out better music

plus the soft skinny jean generation became the main hip hop consumer & Ross befitted being part of the "LIl Wayne" crew...50 looked like the old bully

Why is this news? Ross and 50 not even beefing no more, that was 3-4 yrs ago. Just seem like business to me.

PREACH
pimp.gif

50 has that thing going where he demands 100% loyalty...but why should Dre have to acknowledge 50? I don't think 50 made Dre hot by any means...it was a mutual thing...50 had great energy in the GRODT era..and Dre was still beastin on the boards.

..you can't say the same about either of them right now...its funny I feel like they both are on the same lukewarm level...eating off the success of their earlier work.

50 has failed to translate his life (ie Jay from the streets to corporate success) onto record, which is why his presence is not strong in the MUSIC right now..people can bring up his business success...cool...its still not relevant to what dude says when he gets on a mic..

Ross went at 50 out of nowhere and ever since then he has had a nice momentum continuing..seems like he took a page out of the 48 Laws...cause before 50 would always be the aggressor starting beefs to promote his record..looks like he got a taste of his own medicine. Ross has been on a roll since then...

50 lost years ago and it had nothing to do with Ross. 50 made himself lose by alienating himself from hip hop. He beefed with everyone he could and rubbed too many people the wrong way. You cant blame Dre for working with Ross because at the end of the day music is a business and people will squash beef in order to make a profit. 50 has in no way evolved from the formula that he came into hip hop with. Had he not attempted to make himself bigger than hip hop he could be on records with the hottest people in the game. Instead he went at jay, he want at kanye, he went at wayne, he went at ross, etc. and all those people work within the same camp pretty much.

50 more or less shot himself in the foot during the years with all of his antics on top of not putting out good music. As the saying goes if you give a %*%!* enough rope eventually he will hang himself. As far as Rick FRAUD is concerned he doesn't win, and simply doesn't know how to win. 50 had Ross's kid with him on camera so that right there was an automatic L for Ross. There's no way around that.

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

zcnme61jaui9_t.jpg
I've been hearing the Dre/Wayne Detox rumors for about 3-4 years now, and looks like Wayne made it easy for me to pass up
on Detox. The thought of Dre rapping a ghostwritten-by-Wayne verse makes me wanna dive in front of a bus.

[table][tr][td]
off_line.gif
RavageBX[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 01/30/126:33 PM
[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Well damb 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gentry187

I'm past 20 and I still listen to ross. Fraud or not, music is music. And Ross has been dropping nothing but good music IMO.

Exactly how I feel about the situation.

Back
Top Bottom