I Was Arrested for Posession, Am I Going To Do Time???

So Friday night I got pulled over , Waldorf, MD.

Cops found a couple bags, locked me up over night.

Saw the commisioner, got my charges, and was released on my own recognizence.

Here's what I got charged with:

CDS Possession of Marijuana, max penalty 1 yr or $1,000 fine.

CDS Possession of Paraphenalia, max penalty $500 fine.

anyone have any idea what might go down? This is my first time ever being arrested, so i'm thinking I have a good chance at just doing some kind of drug program as opposed to doing jail time.  On the other hand, though, I am Black.  I'm also a college student in good academic standing and I have a good job as an editor at a publishing company. How much of a difference will all this make?

I've got a Preliminary Inquiry in a little over a week. What is this? Should I have a lawyer for this? I hear all these horror stories about a public defender, but I don't have any money for a lawyer. If I get a Public defender will I end up doing time?

Jeez, guys. I don't wanna go to jail. I don't wanna have to stab someone my first day out of fear of "rape-dude" status.

anyone have any idea what might go down? This is my first time ever being arrested, so i'm thinking I have a good chance at just doing some kind of drug program as opposed to doing jail time.  On the other hand, though, I am Black.  I'm also a college student in good academic standing and I have a good job as an editor at a publishing company. How much of a difference will all this make?

I've got a Preliminary Inquiry in a little over a week. What is this? Should I have a lawyer for this? I hear all these horror stories about a public defender, but I don't have any money for a lawyer. If I get a Public defender will I end up doing time?

Jeez, guys. I don't wanna go to jail. I don't wanna have to stab someone my first day out of fear of "rape-dude" status.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

anyone have any idea what might go down? This is my first time ever being arrested, so i'm thinking I have a good chance at just doing some kind of drug program as opposed to doing jail time.  On the other hand, though, I am Black. 

sounds like u should be in jail

anyone have any idea what might go down? This is my first time ever being arrested, so i'm thinking I have a good chance at just doing some kind of drug program as opposed to doing jail time.  On the other hand, though, I am Black. 

You shouldnt have to do time. My girl has been arrested for possession, had to pay a fine and even got it sealed or expunged (cant remember). She's white though, and paid for her own lawyer.
Did you let them search your car or did they have PC?

How old are you?

You shouldnt have to do time. My girl has been arrested for possession, had to pay a fine and even got it sealed or expunged (cant remember). She's white though, and paid for her own lawyer.
Did you let them search your car or did they have PC?

How old are you?

On the other hand, though, I am Black. 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 its a wrap man see you in a year

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

i'm just sayin, though.

I'm not goin out like that.

I've got too many cousins and uncles that have done time and have seen too much OZ to know that the moment you get tried you have to go above and beyond to establish yourself.

But i really don't want to have to do that.

I'm changing my life, y'all. If i believed in religion i'd be mad religious right now, but i'm just starting with quitting smoking weed and drinking and trying to eat healthier.

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

i'm just sayin, though.

I'm not goin out like that.

I've got too many cousins and uncles that have done time and have seen too much OZ to know that the moment you get tried you have to go above and beyond to establish yourself.

But i really don't want to have to do that.

I'm changing my life, y'all. If i believed in religion i'd be mad religious right now, but i'm just starting with quitting smoking weed and drinking and trying to eat healthier.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Why are you sharing this information with Niketalk?

i've been googling my charges and found just about all i could find about penalties and such. maybe someone on here could share a similar situation or some legal advice. i got bagged over the weekend so i cant really make any phone calls and ask any professionals till tomorrow.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Why are you sharing this information with Niketalk?

i've been googling my charges and found just about all i could find about penalties and such. maybe someone on here could share a similar situation or some legal advice. i got bagged over the weekend so i cant really make any phone calls and ask any professionals till tomorrow.

Waldorf feds...smh
laugh.gif

if its your first offense..you wont do jail time for a possesion charge

Waldorf feds...smh
laugh.gif

if its your first offense..you wont do jail time for a possesion charge

Back
Top Bottom