I Was Arrested for Posession, Am I Going To Do Time???

bro were u pulled over by PG police? if so you will get off.  Just hire a lawyer.  You will have to pay like 800 so you can get it wiped off your record

call joesph vallario at 301-443-8100.

pm me if you have any more questions.  you should b good if this is your first offense.

I had 3 possession cases dismissed within 3 months with public defenders in NYC. Idk how they do things in MD but just to be on the safe side consult a lawyer. You will not do any time. Again idk how they do things in MD but you shouldn't even get probation since its your first offense, more like having to attend a program. 
If your money is tight you might be able to get away with a public defender like I did (3 times) but if you are really worried and have money def get a criminal lawyer and you will be good money

I had 3 possession cases dismissed within 3 months with public defenders in NYC. Idk how they do things in MD but just to be on the safe side consult a lawyer. You will not do any time. Again idk how they do things in MD but you shouldn't even get probation since its your first offense, more like having to attend a program. 
If your money is tight you might be able to get away with a public defender like I did (3 times) but if you are really worried and have money def get a criminal lawyer and you will be good money

Get a lawyer. A good one so he can explain it and get you the best possible deal. Sidenote I'd recommend a lawyer even if out of nowhere they called you in for questioning bout some stuff you have no idea about. You will walk into the joint innocent and stay there charged with some @+@+. Always lawyer up, don't buy that tv @+@+ bout "if he's innocent why's he need a lawyer".

Get a lawyer. A good one so he can explain it and get you the best possible deal. Sidenote I'd recommend a lawyer even if out of nowhere they called you in for questioning bout some stuff you have no idea about. You will walk into the joint innocent and stay there charged with some @+@+. Always lawyer up, don't buy that tv @+@+ bout "if he's innocent why's he need a lawyer".

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

So Friday night I got pulled over , Waldorf, MD.

Cops found a couple bags, locked me up over night.

Saw the commisioner, got my charges, and was released on my own recognizence.

Here's what I got charged with:

CDS Possession of Marijuana, max penalty 1 yr or $1,000 fine.

CDS Possession of Paraphenalia, max penalty $500 fine.

anyone have any idea what might go down? This is my first time ever being arrested, so i'm thinking I have a good chance at just doing some kind of drug program as opposed to doing jail time.  On the other hand, though, I am Black.  I'm also a college student in good academic standing and I have a good job as an editor at a publishing company. How much of a difference will all this make?

I've got a Preliminary Inquiry in a little over a week. What is this? Should I have a lawyer for this? I hear all these horror stories about a public defender, but I don't have any money for a lawyer. If I get a Public defender will I end up doing time?

Jeez, guys. I don't wanna go to jail. I don't wanna have to stab someone my first day out of fear of "rape-dude" status.

laugh.gif
you've been watching too many prison movies.......prison isn't like that if you just keep to yourself and mind your own business.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

So Friday night I got pulled over , Waldorf, MD.

Cops found a couple bags, locked me up over night.

Saw the commisioner, got my charges, and was released on my own recognizence.

Here's what I got charged with:

CDS Possession of Marijuana, max penalty 1 yr or $1,000 fine.

CDS Possession of Paraphenalia, max penalty $500 fine.

anyone have any idea what might go down? This is my first time ever being arrested, so i'm thinking I have a good chance at just doing some kind of drug program as opposed to doing jail time.  On the other hand, though, I am Black.  I'm also a college student in good academic standing and I have a good job as an editor at a publishing company. How much of a difference will all this make?

I've got a Preliminary Inquiry in a little over a week. What is this? Should I have a lawyer for this? I hear all these horror stories about a public defender, but I don't have any money for a lawyer. If I get a Public defender will I end up doing time?

Jeez, guys. I don't wanna go to jail. I don't wanna have to stab someone my first day out of fear of "rape-dude" status.

laugh.gif
you've been watching too many prison movies.......prison isn't like that if you just keep to yourself and mind your own business.

..didn't a black single mother get 30 yrs for selling a grand total of $31 cash in weed just to feed her 2 children?

i think one can see where i'm going with this ...
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

..didn't a black single mother get 30 yrs for selling a grand total of $31 cash in weed just to feed her 2 children?

grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

^
she was slangin though...

lol at op, you got caught with a couple of baggies, aint %+*! gonna happen.

^
she was slangin though...

lol at op, you got caught with a couple of baggies, aint %+*! gonna happen.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

in that case..he dun goof'd
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sreggie101

grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

in that case..he dun goof'd
laugh.gif

OP get a lawyor and ask him to get you probation. You'll be on papers for a year and a half. But two things there going to take from you is your money and time.

OP get a lawyor and ask him to get you probation. You'll be on papers for a year and a half. But two things there going to take from you is your money and time.

different states different laws, looks like that was personals for you, but now if you had it bagged up and intent to sell, then they would give you time, tell the judge you want to do a program to clean up..

different states different laws, looks like that was personals for you, but now if you had it bagged up and intent to sell, then they would give you time, tell the judge you want to do a program to clean up..

idk abt where you live but I was arrested in nov last yr for the same *#+*. Had like 2 bags, didnt stay overnight but I got a court date. I went and they told me the state wasnt ready for my case (nvr heard dat b4
ohwell.gif
) and they gave me a # 2 call if i didnt  receive another date in the mail in 90 days. I gotta call march 20th, so far nothin yet, was my first time 2 n im black 2 btw

idk abt where you live but I was arrested in nov last yr for the same *#+*. Had like 2 bags, didnt stay overnight but I got a court date. I went and they told me the state wasnt ready for my case (nvr heard dat b4
ohwell.gif
) and they gave me a # 2 call if i didnt  receive another date in the mail in 90 days. I gotta call march 20th, so far nothin yet, was my first time 2 n im black 2 btw

Originally Posted by OGCalicat925

Nah ..

He would've stated that ..

He got simple possession ..

He'll be fine

Originally Posted by OGCalicat925

Nah ..

He would've stated that ..

He got simple possession ..

He'll be fine

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

ohwell.gif

Meant that your case was minor as hell .. they haven't even begun to prepare for it

They read the docs and was like *pics up and reads  charge paper*  "2 bags? THATS IT?! ...FOH! * throws paper on the desk in disgust*

you'll be fine too 
laugh.gif

never heard about them  having you call in about your own court date tho 
roll.gif

That is some new $+++ 

@%*# around and may throw that out

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

ohwell.gif

Meant that your case was minor as hell .. they haven't even begun to prepare for it

They read the docs and was like *pics up and reads  charge paper*  "2 bags? THATS IT?! ...FOH! * throws paper on the desk in disgust*

you'll be fine too 
laugh.gif

never heard about them  having you call in about your own court date tho 
roll.gif

That is some new $+++ 

@%*# around and may throw that out

Back
Top Bottom