I WENT TO BIBLE STUDY

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by northparkblind

sooooooo

are you learning anything?
Actually yes.

Christians (except catholics) don't believe in hell as a place you go. Catholicism thrives on fear...they are essentially tryna scare people in heaven. Christians (eg Seventh Day adventist" say there is no such place as "hell". In the bible it say "hell"=death=ceasing to exist.....you burn and you die. Hell isn't eternity. The only eternal life is heaven.\

My reactions was:

"That doesn't sound so bad"
grin.gif
Not all Christians are the same...I WISH MOST Christians believed that (non-catholic)

The only thing worse than an angry atheist is a christian who thinks he knows everything. Im a christian but God blessed me with logic and a huge distrust inhuman beings. I got faith and its a constant struggle separating faith and logic but dude who went to Bible Study you doin better than me cause I believe inGod and I havent been by a church in good 4 to 5 months

Originally Posted by Burns1923

most interesting aspect of my experience, is that they seemed to have as much questions about Christianity as I did....we were supposed to stay on a certain topic but ended up digressing. They were making dirty jokes, cursing and one of them was taking sarcastic shots at Christianity.
The people at this "Bible study" aren't Christians if that garbage was going on.

And neither are you if you can allow the statement of yours I just quoted out of your mouth.

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

sooooooo

Actually yes.

Christians (except catholics) don't believe in hell as a place you go. Catholicism thrives on fear...they are essentially tryna scare people in heaven. Christians (eg Seventh Day adventist" say there is no such place as "hell". In the bible it say "hell"=death=ceasing to exist.....you burn and you die. Hell isn't eternity. The only eternal life is heaven.\

My reactions was:

grin.gif

Sorry OP, but as a Seventh Day Adventist, I have to inform you that we DO believe in hell, but you are correct in your assumtion that those that are punished will not be done so eternally.

That is simply not the Biblical truth.

Pastor Billy Graham:
"The Bible says hell will be a place of absolute and total loneliness. In hell, a person will be cut off from others and from God forever. Hell, Jesus taught, will be a place of "outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 25:30, KJV)."

Questions I prompted at the bible study that they had some difficulty answering-

1. Do you go to hell if you're completely oblivious to Jesus...believe it or not some people don't even know who dude is. I mean Christianity was brought to Africa and other parts of the world.
"He (God) has set eternity in the hearts of men." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

Every person is born with an innate understanding of who God is. God created us with a longing to live forever. Of course, every person WILL live forever, but the question we have to ask ourselves is where we want to be - heaven or hell. As Jesus said, faith in Him alone is the only way to heaven.

SO WHY DOES THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH NEED MISSIONS TO INTRODUCE NATIVE PEOPLES TO JESUS?......ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME. SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA WHO JESUS IS. THEY ARE OBLIVIOUS TO HIM.

About the whole hell thing.....the dude gave me a verse in the bible that "proves" hell isn't a "place". So who is right?
nerd.gif

The Biblical Truth?????
laugh.gif
Are you kiddin me? The bible doesn't prove %#$! except that people can read andthat's about it.

Originally Posted by cartune

The only thing worse than an angry atheist is a christian who thinks he knows everything. Im a christian but God blessed me with logic and a huge distrust in human beings. I got faith and its a constant struggle separating faith and logic but dude who went to Bible Study you doin better than me cause I believe in God and I havent been by a church in good 4 to 5 months

Truest story I've ever seen on NT. That's the truth. (It's been a few years for me though..)

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

God gave us the Bible so that we can learn about Him and His will for our lives.

It is important to note that religion is not the same thing as God. Religion is man's own invention: man deciding for himself how to "get" to heaven and to "do" enough to "earn" our way to heaven.
Are you stupid or dumb? Which one? God gave us the bible? No man wrote the bible there's historical evidence for that. Whether god whispered in their ear what to write is up to your crazy logic and beliefs. But religion is man made and so is the bible.

Hi, don't believe we've met. I'm Burns1923. Nice to meet you. I take it from your coarse comments that you'd like to be a part of thismature discussion. I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Yes, God gave us the Bible.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." 2Timothy 3:16

I don't know why He chose to communicate it in that way. However, if you doubt the authenticity of the Bible, simply look at the fact that every eventforetold in it has taken place. Look at the millions of lives transformed by it. People have common sense; if the Bible were made up, if it were a lie, itcould not have lasted thousands of years. College kids plagiarizing term papers are caught every day, yet a man-invented Bible would last?

You are correct about religion being man made. But while God revealed His Word through the people he chose, man did not invent the contents of the Bible.

SO WHY DOES THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH NEED MISSIONS TO INTRODUCE NATIVE PEOPLES TO JESUS?

"

YOU STILL HAVENT ANSWERED MY QUESTION.....What happens if you're completely oblivious eg. isolated tribes in remote islands. What happens tothem? Is it fair for them to take an eternity of Ls if they had no idea who dude is?

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

God gave us the Bible so that we can learn about Him and His will for our lives.

It is important to note that religion is not the same thing as God. Religion is man's own invention: man deciding for himself how to "get" to heaven and to "do" enough to "earn" our way to heaven.
Are you stupid or dumb? Which one? God gave us the bible? No man wrote the bible there's historical evidence for that. Whether god whispered in their ear what to write is up to your crazy logic and beliefs. But religion is man made and so is the bible.

Hi, don't believe we've met. I'm Burns1923. Nice to meet you. I take it from your coarse comments that you'd like to be a part of this mature discussion. I appreciate your enthusiasm.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16

I don't know why He chose to communicate it in that way. However, if you doubt the authenticity of the Bible, simply look at the fact that every event foretold in it has taken place. Look at the millions of lives transformed by it. People have common sense; if the Bible were made up, if it were a lie, how could it have lasted this long - thousands of years?

You are correct about religion being man made. But while God revealed His Word through the people he chose, man did not invent the contents of the Bible.

People don't believe in the bible because it's logical...in fact the bible is faaar from logical. The bible itself defies the very essence of logic.People believe in the bible because of....

1. Exposure.....parents teach kids what to believe. If your parents are muslim, you'll probably become a muslim...etc etc

2. Fear....I don't wanna go to hell if such a place does exist

3. Human beings need religion (we can only speculate on the reason) but the belief in a higher being and ability to communicate is what separated us from theneanderthals.

And neither are you if you can allow the statement of yours I just quoted out of your mouth.
buggz, let me understand this. You aren't a Christian, yet you claim to know and be able to decide what is Christian and what isn't?

As you can see from Anton's post, he discussed the fact that cursing, dirty jokes, and sarcastic shots at Christianity took place at the group meeting heattended.

Now, it is my understanding and experience that verifiable Christians, those who in fact believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and who desire to live forHim, do not conduct themselves by cursing, telling dirty jokes, and mocking their own faith in Christ. As someone who does take his faith in Jesus veryseriously, that kind of behavior does come across as "garbage". Note that I didn't say the people were garbage, I said that that behavior isgarbage. That's simply calling a spade, a spade.

You said the Bible doesn't prove anything. I can say that in your research of historical events and the unfolding of humanity you certainly found thatindeed every event in the Bible has transpired as written. I'm not sure you really believe the Bible doesn't prove anything but rather that you havesomething against God. God gave each of us free will and the truth - the Bible. It's up to us to make use of and follow it. If you choose not to,that's something you have ownership of. God's already made clear what the consequences of each person's choices will be.

Originally Posted by buggz05

I hate people. **leaves thread**

The most important commandment is love......hell awaits you my friend. It'll be one hell of a party tho.
smokin.gif

God gave each of us free will and the truth - the Bible. It's up to us to make use of and follow it.
What about those who are never taught about the Bible or the Christian God? What happens to them?

Originally Posted by 18key

God gave each of us free will and the truth - the Bible. It's up to us to make use of and follow it.
What about those who are never taught about the Bible or the Christian God? What happens to them?
Dude stays avoiding this question
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

buggz, let me understand this. You aren't a Christian{#1}, yet you claim to know and be able to decide what is Christian and what isn't? {#2}

As you can see from Anton's post, he discussed the fact that cursing, dirty jokes, and sarcastic shots at Christianity took place at the group meeting he attended.

Now, it is my understanding and experience that verifiable Christians{#3}, those who in fact believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and who desire to live for Him, do not conduct themselves by cursing, telling dirty jokes, and mocking their own faith in Christ. As someone who does take his faith in Jesus very seriously, that kind of behavior does come across as "garbage". Note that I didn't say the people were garbage, I said that behavior is garbage. That's simply calling a spade, a spade.

You said the Bible doesn't prove anything. I can say that in your research of historical events and the unfolding of humanity you certainly found that indeed that every event in the Bible has transpired as written{#4}. I'm not sure you really believe the Bible doesn't prove anything but rather that you have something against God{#5}. God gave each of us free will and the truth - the Bible. It's up to us to make use of and follow it. If you chose not to, that's something you have ownership of. God's already made clear what the consequences of each person's choices will be.

{#1} Who the hell are you? The holy trinity?

{#2} See {#1}, Who the hell are you to decide who and what is "Christian"

{#3} What the hell is a "verifiableChristian"?

{#4} False. The Bible couldn't even get the name of the Sonof God right, let alone what His morals were about...

{#5} I have nothing against God. I have something againstthose who falsely and blindly follow a shephard like sheep. You won't find the answers in the bible for it is corrupted by man. You will not find theanswers in church for it is corrupted by man. The answers are given DIRECTLY to you BY God Himself. There is no middle man.

Ain't this the same dude who said he was smashing some supposed to be MILF, and even provided spy pics?

At the end of the day bruh we talkin about God bruh The see all be all do all. Stop tryin to figure him out bruh.

And dudes who dont believe because the right side of your brain wont allow you to. Your notions arent unique the majority of people who believe in God questiontheir faith probably everyday.

Dudes who try to answer every question about God fall back you cant bruh. Even Jesus questioned God its in the Bible

Anton, I thought I had addressed it. I personally don't have all the answers but God does, and I'll do my best to communicate what I know andunderstand about His Word.

Again, Jesus said, "No one comes to the Father except through Me." Simply put, those who believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior spend eternity inheaven. Those who don't, spend eternity in hell. God does speak to people, He did give every person a desire to seek Him.

In fact, the Bible raises your very question. It says, "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in himof whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Romans 10:14)

But it then answers it, saying, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)

While we are not responsible for each other's decisions, God gave believers the responsibility of telling others about Jesus Christ. The peril that thosewho do not believe in Christ face is very dire and that must urge every Christian to lead others to Christ.

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all thenations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo,I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. (Matthew 28:18-20)

Anton, I thought I had addressed it. I personally don't have all the answers but God does, and I'll do my best to communicate what I know and understand about His Word.

Again, Jesus said, "No one comes to the Father except through Me." Simply put, those who believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior spend eternity in heaven. Those who don't, spend eternity in hell. God does speak to people, He did give every person a desire to seek Him.

Sorry to jump in like this but I have a problem with this.

This is what I don't understand about Christianity. To be saved, I have to accept Jesus, a human being, as God. The trinity is a confusing and illogicalconcept but yet my salvation is based on that? And to add on to it, no where in the Bible does it explicitlymentionthe concept of the trinity. That doesn't seem fair of God at all. Wouldn't it make more sense to worship God alone with no partners and your salvationrests on your submission to God?

Buggz, I'm not judging you. I simply deduced from your comments that you don't believe in Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Is that correct or not?

Second, I don't "decide" what is Christian. God already did that. I can learn what He says about it by reading His Word - the Bible.

Third, my term "verifiable Christian" is simply this: anyone who has accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. How can I know who is a Christian? God says "You shall know them by their fruit." (Matthew 7:16) In other words, if it walks like a duck...

Fourth, the Name of the Son of God right? Not sure what you're talking about here. Perhaps you're referring to the Hebrew language, and the manyHebrew names for God that represent characteristics of Who He Is. His morals? Again, actual study of the Bible makes this subject clear.

I have nothing against God. I have something against those who falsely and blindly follow a shephard like sheep. You won't find the answers in the bible for it is corrupted by man. You will not find the answers in church for it is corrupted by man. The answers are given DIRECTLY to you BY God Himself. There is no middle man.

Why have something against another's beliefs? If you want to believe people who believe something arestupid, fine. But that doesn't mean those people are wrong and you're right. Again, the Bible isn't corrupted by man but you're entitled tothink so. Friend, the facts simply aren't on your side in that belief. I encourage you to really research it for yourself. You say "answers"are given directly to people by God, that there is no middleman. You're right, there's no middleman. God directly communicated His Word to everyonethrough the disciples He chose to record it in the form of the Bible.

If you have a problem, talk to God about it. That's the only 'logical' solution in any situation.

no where in the Bible does it explicitlymention the concept of the trinity.

"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go thereforeand make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the HolySpirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew28:18-20)

See also the Creation in the book of Genesis.

And Jesus wasn't just a man. He lived on earth as 100% God and 100% man, yet He never sinned.

"For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we (man) are, yet withoutsin." (Hebrews 4:15)

Good night, all!

I got in an arguement with my dad about. "If God really loved us, why would he send us to suffer for eternity for something we did wrong? Doesn't Godforgive all?" and the "It's not other peoples fault that they were born into another religion and was never exposed to christianity, so why wouldhe send them to hell?"
laugh.gif
My father is very closedminded...
frown.gif

I believe in God. Just not the God that other people conceptualize him as. It makes me sad really..

Originally Posted by IsyouRollin

I got in an arguement with my dad about. "If God really loved us, why would he send us to suffer for eternity for something we did wrong? Doesn't God forgive all?" and the "It's not other peoples fault that they were born into another religion and was never exposed to christianity, so why would he send them to hell?"
laugh.gif
My father is very closed minded...
frown.gif

I believe in God. Just not the God that other people conceptualize him as. It makes me sad really..
so what do you believe happens to people in the after life?

If you are seriously curious about God and Christianity, get yourself a Bible and do your own reading.
Fixed. The Bible doesn't tell you what kind of being God is or who He is as that being. The only way to truly know more about someone orsomething is to spend quality time with them. I can read all I want about Megan Fox but it doesn't tell me jack %*%% about whether or not she's a coolperson to be around.

The Bible isn't open to interpretation
Yes it is. Just because it is spoken in a different time doesn't mean it can't be translated into modern language.

Groups form and decide that "their way" is the way to God
As long as they have faith in God they get to go to heaven, correct? Isn't that what you said?

Christians are human beings. And because they're human beings, they can make a choices, right or wrong. God gave people a free will. It's up to us to choose to live as He desires us to. But, be clear, he very explicitly lays out His will in the Bible and makes it very clear that every human being will be held accountable for their sins - the thoughts, actions, and behavior He has said is sin.
Sounds like you're teaching others to be fearful of God. Fear is the opposite of love, and God is love. You, in turn, are teaching others tostray from Him. Stop it.

Pastor Billy Graham:
"The Bible says hell will be a place of absolute and total loneliness. In hell, a person will be cut off from others and from God forever. Hell, Jesus taught, will be a place of "outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 25:30, KJV)."

A pastor told you this. But what has God told you?
Every person is born with an innate understanding of who God is.
And it is for this reason that NOBODY is going to hell. Hell is a state of mind; not an actual, physical, or spiritual place.

It is important to note that religion is not the same thing as God.
Good, at least you know this much. Because the Bible teaches about Religion, not about God.

The Bible has the answers you need.
No, it doesn't. The Bible is a guideline on how to speak and converse with God.
B.I.B.L.E. = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
What about the advanced things?

SO WHY DOES THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH NEED MISSIONS TO INTRODUCE NATIVE PEOPLES TO JESUS?

It's not about a church. It's about what God says:

"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:18-20)

God commands believers to take the gospel to all the world. While every person has a spirit and longs to know God, all people do not understand the aspects of who Jesus is and why His death on the cross is payment for their sin. Longing for God and knowing about God are not the same. And while teaching people about what it means to believe in Jesus is extremely important, it's also God's will for believers not only to just believe in Him but also to follow Him.
Jesus didn't force feed what he had to offer to his disciples like these missionaries do with tribal people.

"Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41).
1.) How can anybody be cursed if we are all saved like you said we are?
2.) God would not banish anyone for we are all created in the image of his likeness. Meaning, we are created the way we are because it is the way God wantsus to be. Some of us make certain decisions that have consequences (understand this, consequences are not punishments; they are results) that we don'tparticularly like, but God does not love us any less for these decisions. If that were the case, God's love would NOT be unconditional. However, it is,and we are all saved.http://buggz05.u.yuku.com

sooooooo

Actually yes.

My reactions was:

grin.gif
Not all Christians are the same...I WISH MOST Christians believed that (non-catholic)

I'm Catholic and I believe it.

No, he didn't. God did not hand write what is in the Bible and air mail it to Jerusalem. The books that are in the Bible are written by menduring and shortly after the time of Jesus Christ, fool. Also, God did not tell them to write these words because they are His; know that those words aretheirs and theirs alone. However, the experiences they encounter with God are what they write about and it is what they wish to share with those who wouldtake the time to want to experience God as well.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16
My boy Timothy knows what's up.

I don't know why He chose to communicate it in that way.
God communicates to us in many different ways, but through word is the last resort. Why? Because words are the least reliable purveyor of truth. Meaning, the way one person understands something doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be understood the same way by the next man. How I view theBible is totally different from the way you perceive it. And that's why Anton is right, the Bible is up to open interpretation.

Anton LaVey
YOU STILL HAVENT ANSWERED MY QUESTION.....What happens if you're completely oblivious eg. isolated tribes in remote islands. What happens to them? Is it fair for them to take an eternity of Ls if they had no idea who dude is?
I'll answer it: We all still go to heaven.

The answers are given DIRECTLY to you BY God Himself. There is no middle man.
Buggz I don't disbelieve in Jesus Christ like you but I will agree with you on this.
You say "answers" are given directly to people by God, that there is no middleman. You're right, there's no middleman. God directly communicated His Word to everyone through the disciples He chose to record it in the form of the Bible.
For the record, the disciples would count as middlemen. Much like priests would when attending mass. When you read the Bible you read words ofmen of God. When you listen to a priest's sermon you listen to words of a man of God. Not God's words. Get it?

I got in an arguement with my dad about. "If God really loved us, why would he send us to suffer for eternity for something we did wrong? Doesn't God forgive all?" and the "It's not other peoples fault that they were born into another religion and was never exposed to christianity, so why would he send them to hell?"
URL]
My father is very closed minded...
URL]

so what do you believes happens to people in the after life?

We all go to heaven. We are all made in the image and likeness of God. We all come from the envisionment of God. God's vision is a part ofGod, therefore we are a part of God. If some of us were banished and to never come back God, essentially, would be incomplete. Forever.

Same here.
I'd like to give a go at RKO's question.
As far as what I believe happens to people when they die... I dont know. I honestly cant give an answer to that. Logically thinking, there cant be more than 1god. But since this is based on faith and not logic, maybe every religion has a heaven and hell.
Or,
Maybe heaven isn't a place. Maybe it's a state of mind that you accomplish in life, and continue to feel after you die.
Or,
Maybe you die and rot in a coffin forever. No afterlife. No enlightenment. Nothing. Atheists are right, and people aren't special. God is fake.

Originally Posted by 18key

Same here.
I'd like to give a go at RKO's question.
As far as what I believe happens to people when they die... I dont know. I honestly cant give an answer to that. Logically thinking, there cant be more than 1 god. But since this is based on faith and not logic, maybe every religion has a heaven and hell.
Or,
Maybe heaven isn't a place. Maybe it's a state of mind that you accomplish in life, and continue to feel after you die.
Or,
Maybe you die and rot in a coffin forever. No afterlife. No enlightenment. Nothing. Atheists are right, and people aren't special. God is fake.
Well I was asking based on where do we go. There HAS to be a place for those who have chosen to live a life of sin and there has to be a place forthose who lived under Gods' law.

If everyone went to Heaven then life would be pointless IMO because why not just shoot straight to the after life? So life def has a purpose. I would love foreveryone to earn a spot but there are people who flat out don't deserve it due to the pain and suffering they cause.

As for dude arguing with his pops, God forgives but He is not going to put up with cats doing everything wrong that is possible and then say "Well since Ilove you, here is a pass into my Kingdom. Enjoy, oh and if you go to your right there is a tree with all types of fruit".
laugh.gif
Me and my scenarios.

As for Hell, I'm not even 100% on what it is since I'm not as close as I should be with God, but I've heard its pain, fire and whatnot. But I alsoheard its a state of mind without God. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

God would not banish anyone for we are all created in the image of his likeness. Meaning, we are created the way we are because it is the way God wants us to be. Some of us make certain decisions that have consequences (understand this, consequences are not punishments; they are results) that we don't particularly like, but God does not love us any less for these decisions. If that were the case, God's love would NOT be unconditional. However, it is, and we are all saved.
I don't know about that one chief. We are saved when we accept Christ as our lord and savior and live how Christ asks. Like I said before, Iwould love for everyone to go to Heaven but everyone wont. A serial killer does not deserve the fate of a Saint. It just wouldn't be fair. You got peopleputting non-stop faith and love into God and then you got people who curse his name and his followers. One of which probably wont be getting in.

I'll answer it: We all still go to heaven.
We all go to heaven. We are all made in the image and likeness of God. We all come from the envisionment of God. God's vision is a part of God, therefore we are a part of God. If some of us were banished and to never come back God, essentially, would be incomplete. Forever.

Don't believe that people. No offense bro but laws, rules and regulations are POINTLESS under that assumption. Unless your being sarcastic, IMO your takingcats hands and walking them through the gates of hell with saying "Everyone is going". That's like given a X student (Student worse than a Fstudent) a A because you like them. Why give a X student the same reward as a A+ student?

I too had a hard time with "is God really going to send people to hell?". But one day after listening Speedy's Comedy Corner and hearing Coreysay some people are born to lose
laugh.gif
and then watching the news, I thenwas at peace with it. You got people taking the lives of children, mothers, fathers and etc. You got 100+ reporters hunting down Octomom. You have people whosell drugs and help destroy families and lives. There will be a day of judgement for us all. No escaping it.

Back
Top Bottom