I'd just like to say R.I.P. to phil jackson, not the basketball coach

He was the captain of our rival schools football team, they were playing in the basketball game before ours in a christmas tournament. he passed out athalftime and had a seizure- then his heart stopped. He passed today on his eighteenth birthday, he also had a son. I'd never had someone die so close to meand it feels really weird. So just R.I.P to him and I'm praying for his family.

RIP.

He had a condition or something? Thats just crazy. I know of a girl who played for her HS, she caught a hard pass to the chest and died.

What happened to the rest of the tournament? Id be too shook to play if my game was next.

wow...a friend of mine in brooklyn died of cardiac arrest while he was playing basketball during our freshman year of school

was your friend aware of his health?

thats what happend to one of our hoop stars at our highschool. had an abnormal small heart in the middle of a game collapsed and died. it was a sad day while iwas only 12 watching from the bleachers.

tired.gif
Sad when the young (or anyone at that) dies...R.I.P

That's sad R.I.P. That's why my mom says they need to do a better job of checking up on athletes. When an athlete around my age dies, it basically hitsclose to home with me.

actually we played the next game- but after ours they decided to cancel the whole tournament. They're was just an anomaly with his heart, not sure yetexactly what was wrong...

Its crazy that atheletes would die from unknown heart conditions.

Sometimes I feel pain in my chest area when I play basketball. Thing is its only been recent, past few months and it doenst happen everytime I play ball. Iguess its either im really out of shape and my heart is working super hard or something. Ive had a stress test done, few EKGs and bloodworks a few months ago.Everything is normal but hearing about undetected conditions really makes you wonder after so many tests, how can you be sure you are ok.

Back
Top Bottom