Ideas on how to Make Money at a Bar/Club other than selling booze n food?

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

ATM machine with outrageous service fees, and don't take credit cards or always claim your system is "down", cash only

a mechanical bull, let females ride free though. female riding it and looking all incident sexual, bouncing around will = tons of $ from men folk standing around

an old school jukebox

A pool table and darts, rent by the hour

valet parking

scantily clad waitresses, make them give half their tips to the house
It's a good thing you don't run a bar.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by neverflopped

Make sure u know that you'll attract enough people for ppv events....it cost more to show ppv events at a bar than at home

Yup something like per square foot. It can get complicated if you have a lot of regulars are not interested in the event, don't want to play cover charge but do plan on spending money. Alot of times PPV are not worth it and that cover sometimes ends up turning away a lot of regular customers

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

ATM machine with outrageous service fees, and don't take credit cards or always claim your system is "down", cash only

a mechanical bull, let females ride free though. female riding it and looking all incident sexual, bouncing around will = tons of $ from men folk standing around

an old school jukebox

valet parking

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
valet bruh? i valet'ed for years. we scammed like crazy, any ways to pocket money we did it. if the management tried to lock it down we'd find a new way or find a new valet job. if anything you lose money on valet and just have it to offer the service.  don't say i'm the exception. EVERY valet runs schemes.

good luck finding a server to work for you too.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by spizike231

Originally Posted by illphillip

Show UFC/Boxing PPV events with an added cover.

This too. Do all the big events

I've been told the price for the bar to receive it is outrageous, that's why not many bars get PPV's

This really depends on what kind of club and the level of patrons you're going to be servicing.

An extremely upscale bar probably only needs VIP, liquor and food to really make bank.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by illphillip

Show UFC/Boxing PPV events with an added cover.

I've been told the price for the bar to receive it is outrageous, that's why not many bars get PPV's
It probably is outrageous, but if there are no bars in the area that get the PPVs, then people will pretty much be forced to go to your place so you can charge a decent amount of money per person.. and most people don't go to a bar to watch PPV events by themselves. They usually go with friends so if there's a big enough crowd, then the payoff will be worth it.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

You own a bar? Why are you asking? You just some shady dude looking to do a quick hustle inside random bars or are you a bar owner or someone who generates revenue from the business of the bar?
You mad? 
Thanks for the input everyone else.

It probably is outrageous, but if there are no bars in the area that get the PPVs, then people will pretty much be forced to go to your place so you can charge a decent amount of money per person.. and most people don't go to a bar to watch PPV events by themselves. They usually go with friends so if there's a big enough crowd, then the payoff will be worth it.

eff that... if youre in some podunk town where no other bars carry the PPV, just bootleg feed it instead of paying the licensing fees.  Just hope that you can stack enough cash from the bootleg telecasts to cover any potential fine or lawsuit if you get caught.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

eff that... if youre in some podunk town where no other bars carry the PPV, just bootleg feed it instead of paying the licensing fees.  Just hope that you can stack enough cash from the bootleg telecasts to cover any potential fine or lawsuit if you get caught.

laugh.gif

But you know with Yelp/Twitter/Facebook you're bound to get caught. Everybody posting "I'm at __ bar watching the fight
pimp.gif
"

But my buddy's parents own a small lil hole in the wall restaurant, and he used his direct tv box for the restaurant. never ordered ppv's or anything, but out of nowhere they cut his service and when he called, they said he was using his box at the restaurant and that they were taking him to court/gonna sue.
It's been a couple months, but he has yet to hear back from them

an old school jukebox

valet parking

laugh.gif

Dude is mad the Sonics got sold and became the Thunder so he just follows me around and tries to argue with me all the time like that is going to make the team come back.

laugh.gif

Dude is mad the Sonics got sold and became the Thunder so he just follows me around and tries to argue with me all the time like that is going to make the team come back.
This has nothing to do with basketball. This has everything to do with the absolutely asinine ideas you posted that would cause your hypothetical bar to shut its doors within a few months. Don't breed 'em too smart down there in the Heartland, I guess.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

laugh.gif
valet bruh? i valet'ed for years. we scammed like crazy, any ways to pocket money we did it. if the management tried to lock it down we'd find a new way or find a new valet job. if anything you lose money on valet and just have it to offer the service.  don't say i'm the exception. EVERY valet runs schemes.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Truest stuff ever....

Originally Posted by cartune

Designated Driver service

Professional Photography drunk girls pay for photos

ATM Machines

Raffles where you keep 10-20% of the dough

Merchandise "I Got F'd Up at [Your Bar Name]" Tees

depending on where you stay get a slot machine

Put vending machines in the restrooms (condoms, no-hos, etc.)
Lots of good ideas in here but that is one I never thought of. Do you not need a license to drive people around... You would basically be a cab driver?
Also never thought of the hookah bar but I think it would be tough to make it work since legally you have to be a certain distance from the building to smoke. We do have a patio but there is no smoking allowed on that either.. Would be cool and nobody else offers anything like that.

step 1: make it a strip club.

step 2: make em twerk dat monkey.

step 3: make them share their tips. or else.

Back
Top Bottom