If a random person is cursing around your kid, would you say something?

Just curious....my cousin took my niece (she's 2) out the other day to Roosevelt Field mall.  They were looking at puppies, and some kids came into the store cursing their heads off and being belligerent.  They ended up leaving the store because it was too much foul language.  No, you can't protect your kids from everything...but in that situation, would you have said something to the kids who were swearing?  I saw a vid on WSHH the other week, and there was a lady in McDonald's who was getting PO'd cause her McNuggets weren't out in time.  The McDonald's was packed, and there were families waiting in line as well.  She was swearing her head off, but a parent asked her to refrain from cursing, and she got even more incensed and managed to get louder....what can you do?  Hypothetically, let's say your kid is under 5 years old in this situation...I'm not a parent, but I'm interested to see what some of the parents on NT would do....

Just curious....my cousin took my niece (she's 2) out the other day to Roosevelt Field mall.  They were looking at puppies, and some kids came into the store cursing their heads off and being belligerent.  They ended up leaving the store because it was too much foul language.  No, you can't protect your kids from everything...but in that situation, would you have said something to the kids who were swearing?  I saw a vid on WSHH the other week, and there was a lady in McDonald's who was getting PO'd cause her McNuggets weren't out in time.  The McDonald's was packed, and there were families waiting in line as well.  She was swearing her head off, but a parent asked her to refrain from cursing, and she got even more incensed and managed to get louder....what can you do?  Hypothetically, let's say your kid is under 5 years old in this situation...I'm not a parent, but I'm interested to see what some of the parents on NT would do....

i remember when i was young, i was with my dad at a basketball game and some 20-somethings dude started yellin all reckless and my dad confronted him about it. needless to say, they were about to duke and there were more expletives said than if my dad hadn't said anything at all.

i remember when i was young, i was with my dad at a basketball game and some 20-somethings dude started yellin all reckless and my dad confronted him about it. needless to say, they were about to duke and there were more expletives said than if my dad hadn't said anything at all.

as an adult, i do not like to hear excessive profanity myself... i just give them the 
grin.gif
 and move along. 

it would have to depend on the situation/location. 9 times out of 10 yes. I do it when i have my younger siblings and/or nephews. its a matter of respect. when i used to curse a woman had to ask me to stop using such profane language which was yes...in front of her child. probably one of my most embarrassing moments. but that is what made me stop using profanity.

as an adult, i do not like to hear excessive profanity myself... i just give them the 
grin.gif
 and move along. 

it would have to depend on the situation/location. 9 times out of 10 yes. I do it when i have my younger siblings and/or nephews. its a matter of respect. when i used to curse a woman had to ask me to stop using such profane language which was yes...in front of her child. probably one of my most embarrassing moments. but that is what made me stop using profanity.

i hate hanging out with people that swear or talk so loud at the table and there are families around. its so ugly. i just look around, sink in shame or just look like i dont wanna be there.

but when it happens too much in one sitting, i tell em to chill and that there is kids around.

i hate hanging out with people that swear or talk so loud at the table and there are families around. its so ugly. i just look around, sink in shame or just look like i dont wanna be there.

but when it happens too much in one sitting, i tell em to chill and that there is kids around.

OP

First. where the kids girls or boys?
Second: where the kids black?
Third: the lady for the video was she black?

no offence to anyone but the reason i am asking is because in Texas i have notice that the only ppl that do what you are describing are black women between the age of 15 and 50's. i never understood why do you need to get so loud to get your point across. I understand that you are mad but why not just talk like decent human beings and not get loud where you draw attention to you and whom every you are speaking to.

OP

no offence to anyone but the reason i am asking is because in Texas i have notice that the only ppl that do what you are describing are black women between the age of 15 and 50's. i never understood why do you need to get so loud to get your point across. I understand that you are mad but why not just talk like decent human beings and not get loud where you draw attention to you and whom every you are speaking to.

I was on the bus and there was this black chick that started to smoke a cigarette out of no where. Then some white girl comes over and snatches the cig from her mouth and throws it out the window. 5 minutes later.....WHAM!!! White girl gets socked in the face and she gets off the bus and leaves.

I mean I don't like seeing obscene things but nowadays, its better to just walk away from it or leave it a lone.

I was on the bus and there was this black chick that started to smoke a cigarette out of no where. Then some white girl comes over and snatches the cig from her mouth and throws it out the window. 5 minutes later.....WHAM!!! White girl gets socked in the face and she gets off the bus and leaves.

I mean I don't like seeing obscene things but nowadays, its better to just walk away from it or leave it a lone.

I dont curse around children or the elderly. its disrespectful and children shouldn't be hearing things like that.

sure, I can have a foul mouth at times, but I know when and where to have one. If I were to be out with my child (no kids btw) I would definitely say something.

I dont curse around children or the elderly. its disrespectful and children shouldn't be hearing things like that.

sure, I can have a foul mouth at times, but I know when and where to have one. If I were to be out with my child (no kids btw) I would definitely say something.

Funny this girl that lives across the street from me was out with her little child. This dude from the neighborhood start cussing. The girl says these exact words to him, "Mutha*!$ don't be coming around here doing all that cussin and $@!) around my child."

I was laughing.

But I wouldn't say anything. I can't stop that person from using the language they choose to use in public. If I don't like it, I should leave. Not my place to say anything.

It really depends. Just last week I took my 3 year old nephew to the barber shop and we had to wait for his guy to finish up an appointment. Of course there was cussing and a bunch of guy talk. I knew I couldn't say anything considering we were in a barber shop. All I could do was distract my nephew and keep his attention focused on the conversation we were having.

Most of the time I just distract him if there's nothing I can really do about the situation. I've used it as a learning experience for him before and he's never repeated any of the words.

It really depends. Just last week I took my 3 year old nephew to the barber shop and we had to wait for his guy to finish up an appointment. Of course there was cussing and a bunch of guy talk. I knew I couldn't say anything considering we were in a barber shop. All I could do was distract my nephew and keep his attention focused on the conversation we were having.

Most of the time I just distract him if there's nothing I can really do about the situation. I've used it as a learning experience for him before and he's never repeated any of the words.

Funny this girl that lives across the street from me was out with her little child. This dude from the neighborhood start cussing. The girl says these exact words to him, "Mutha*!$ don't be coming around here doing all that cussin and $@!) around my child."

I was laughing.

But I wouldn't say anything. I can't stop that person from using the language they choose to use in public. If I don't like it, I should leave. Not my place to say anything.

Originally Posted by manny1

OP

1.  2 girls/2 boys...at the most, 15 years old

2.  Not sure

3.  The lady in the vid was black...

Originally Posted by manny1

OP

1.  2 girls/2 boys...at the most, 15 years old

2.  Not sure

3.  The lady in the vid was black...

QFT and I feel as though you just have to let your kids know that adults going to do things they can't do like my parents and most of ours did.  I'm pretty most of our parents cursed around them but told them they better not do the same.

Back
Top Bottom