If a random person is cursing around your kid, would you say something?

If you curse on the regular, do you. However, it's not hard to be cognizant of where you are when you are cursing....I'm talking about LOUD cursing when you are aware of your surroundings. It's about respecting other people, and also showing a little decorum.

If you curse on the regular, do you. However, it's not hard to be cognizant of where you are when you are cursing....I'm talking about LOUD cursing when you are aware of your surroundings. It's about respecting other people, and also showing a little decorum.

Here in NYC its best to keep it moving people out here is crazy they will stab you or put a bullet in you just because

I have seen people get into fights even get death threats for stuff like that

I remember i was on the train one time and this young couple 20 something was making out and some lady ( she looked 30 something) broke them up and started telling them to stop doing that in public because kids can see them the guy punched the lady and the girl stomped her out right there on the train and they both run out the train on the next stop

so yea just keep it moving

I usually don't curse too loudly around anybody in public...and if I do it's def not around kids or old people.

I hate seeing ignorant people curse a lot loudly around any and everyone. It just not a good look imo.

Here in NYC its best to keep it moving people out here is crazy they will stab you or put a bullet in you just because

I have seen people get into fights even get death threats for stuff like that

I remember i was on the train one time and this young couple 20 something was making out and some lady ( she looked 30 something) broke them up and started telling them to stop doing that in public because kids can see them the guy punched the lady and the girl stomped her out right there on the train and they both run out the train on the next stop

so yea just keep it moving

I usually don't curse too loudly around anybody in public...and if I do it's def not around kids or old people.

I hate seeing ignorant people curse a lot loudly around any and everyone. It just not a good look imo.

i was in line at the market behind an american mom and her son, and there were two african american guys in front of them. these two guys were dropping the N bomb to each other like it was nothing. the mom was just staring down the two dudes but she didn't mention anything. one of the dudes had the nerve to say, it's okay. we are black.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

I don't have a kid but I'd say something if they cussing like crazy right in front of my (hypothetical) kid. I'd keep it respectful like "My man/fellas, can ya'll try to watch the language outta respect for my kid right here".

I'll tell you right to your face I can't watch my language cause I don't have the mirror on me my man what you going to do then???
laugh.gif

Why would you even take it there though? That's what's wrong w/ people.
It really depends. Just last week I took my 3 year old nephew to thebarber shop and we had to wait for his guy to finish up an appointment.Of course there was cussing and a bunch of guy talk. I knew I couldn'tsay anything considering we were in a barber shop.
The barber shop is a whoooooooole different ball game. You already know what you are getting into when it comes to that. Only time people get censored is if like some older/elderly folks come in.

i was in line at the market behind an american mom and her son, and there were two african american guys in front of them. these two guys were dropping the N bomb to each other like it was nothing. the mom was just staring down the two dudes but she didn't mention anything. one of the dudes had the nerve to say, it's okay. we are black.

I don't have a kid but I'd say something if they cussing like crazy right in front of my (hypothetical) kid. I'd keep it respectful like "My man/fellas, can ya'll try to watch the language outta respect for my kid right here".

I'll tell you right to your face I can't watch my language cause I don't have the mirror on me my man what you going to do then???
laugh.gif

It really depends. Just last week I took my 3 year old nephew to thebarber shop and we had to wait for his guy to finish up an appointment.Of course there was cussing and a bunch of guy talk. I knew I couldn'tsay anything considering we were in a barber shop.
The barber shop is a whoooooooole different ball game. You already know what you are getting into when it comes to that. Only time people get censored is if like some older/elderly folks come in.

laugh.gif

If my girl was with me and she could take my daughter to the car or somewhere else i would lay the hand of GOD on you (S/O to Maino lol). I got into a situation like that once already. If not I would just take a long look at you and hope to see you sometime soon under different circumstances. Its not worth endangering your child over pettiness.

laugh.gif

If my girl was with me and she could take my daughter to the car or somewhere else i would lay the hand of GOD on you (S/O to Maino lol). I got into a situation like that once already. If not I would just take a long look at you and hope to see you sometime soon under different circumstances. Its not worth endangering your child over pettiness.

I would ask them to politely tone it down in front of my kid, and if they didn't I'd just hurry up & leave the place or something. Have some type of respect, kids remember everything these days.

Barbershops, sporting events, etc you already know what you're getting into so you can't really censor other people. Places like a grocery store, laundry mat, fast food restaurants, etc you can tone it down a bit especially in front of kids and the elderly.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But honestly, I probably wouldn't say anything. I'm responsible for the environment my hypothetical child is in when I'm with him and anything he hears out there falls on me. I'd have to just leave and go somewhere else. However, if I'm forced into that situation, like Paul Is On Tilt's ballgame example, then I might have to say something if it's overly obnoxious.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But honestly, I probably wouldn't say anything. I'm responsible for the environment my hypothetical child is in when I'm with him and anything he hears out there falls on me. I'd have to just leave and go somewhere else. However, if I'm forced into that situation, like Paul Is On Tilt's ballgame example, then I might have to say something if it's overly obnoxious.

I would ask them to politely tone it down in front of my kid, and if they didn't I'd just hurry up & leave the place or something. Have some type of respect, kids remember everything these days.

Barbershops, sporting events, etc you already know what you're getting into so you can't really censor other people. Places like a grocery store, laundry mat, fast food restaurants, etc you can tone it down a bit especially in front of kids and the elderly.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

But I wouldn't say anything. I can't stop that person from using the language they choose to use in public. If I don't like it, I should leave. Not my place to say anything.
What if you're at a sporting event? I say this because someone isn't just going to pick up and leave. They paid for those seats.

I'd have to say that I'm guilty of cursing at games... but when I do realize there's a kid around, I tone it down.
 49ers has dry snitching
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

But I wouldn't say anything. I can't stop that person from using the language they choose to use in public. If I don't like it, I should leave. Not my place to say anything.
What if you're at a sporting event? I say this because someone isn't just going to pick up and leave. They paid for those seats.

I'd have to say that I'm guilty of cursing at games... but when I do realize there's a kid around, I tone it down.
 49ers has dry snitching
smokin.gif

I know dude personally it was a joke.  I got it from seeing one of my friends do it in person though.

I can't stop you from trying to lay the hand of GOD on me but you better hope that it lays me out or else.  That's what the all them years of martial arts training is for
laugh.gif
.  Outside of that though like I told the other cat I was joking but I don't really like for cats to tell other grown people how to behave (even if I agree with what the person is saying) like that's their child.

I know dude personally it was a joke.  I got it from seeing one of my friends do it in person though.

I can't stop you from trying to lay the hand of GOD on me but you better hope that it lays me out or else.  That's what the all them years of martial arts training is for
laugh.gif
.  Outside of that though like I told the other cat I was joking but I don't really like for cats to tell other grown people how to behave (even if I agree with what the person is saying) like that's their child.

I'd either give them a look like yo chill out, or say something like yo there are children here..can you relax with all the profanity?

Back
Top Bottom