If any of you have a zappos.com account...Read this...

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I received an email from them...pasted below...[/font]

First, the bad news:

We are writing to let you know that there may have been illegaland unauthorized access to some of your customer account information on Zappos.com, including one or more of thefollowing: your name, e-mail address, billing and shipping addresses, phonenumber, the last four digits of your credit card number (the standardinformation you find on receipts), and/or your cryptographically scrambledpassword (but not your actual password).

THE BETTER NEWS:

The database that stores your critical credit card and otherpayment data was NOT affected or accessed.

SECURITY PRECAUTIONS:

For your protection and to prevent unauthorized access, we haveexpired and reset your password so you can create a new password. Please followthe instructions below to create a new password.

We also recommend that you change your password on any other website where you use the same or a similar password. As always, please rememberthat Zappos.com will never ask you for personalor account information in an e-mail. Please exercise caution if you receive anyemails or phone calls that ask for personal information or direct you to a website where you are asked to provide personal information.

PLEASE CREATE A NEW PASSWORD:

We have expired and reset your password so you can create a newpassword. Please create a new password by visiting Zappos.com and clicking on the "Create aNew Password" link in the upper right corner of the web site and followthe steps from there.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you haveany additional questions about this process, please email us at passwordchange@zappos.com

Damn man
30t6p3b.gif

yea got the same email from them and 6pm.com, says to change your passwords at the other sites you use it at but hell that is hundreds of sites and i dont even know what my zappos pw was.

Speaking of which, does anyone else's NT urls look like this http://niketalk.com/forums/15#.TxO7IPnmzIU ? Is that me being tracked somehow? Because I only notice it when I browse via my Sprint phone router and ALL of my accounts (email, social media) have been compromised multiple times and I don't even sign onto like Twitter and Gmail anywhere else other than my phone. Sprint has admitted they have software running in stealth mode that tracks and sends your info back to them, but even when you are using phone as router? Is there something I can download to know for sure if my computer is being compromised when online? I already have Malwarebytes and it never picks up anything

I just got another from twitter. What the hell is going on. Did any of you guys buy concords from the uk recently.

I knew what this was about before I opened the thread. Hope everyones account information is safe.

I think I need to get a pre-paid card strictly for web usage now... Too many sites being compromised. It's probably actually always been this way, but always swept under the rug...

just got it. damn 
ohwell.gif

a big retailer site like that should not fail like that. that is disappointing

hm, only reason i even got an account with zappos was because they were doing that free 2 day shipping forever thing. never bought anything from them or entered any info. still going to change my password tho

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

I think I need to get a pre-paid card strictly for web usage now... Too many sites being compromised. It's probably actually always been this way, but always swept under the rug...

i recently started buying greendot money paks to add money to my paypal account, i would rather pay the extra 5 bucks and keep my financial info offline. the only drawback is that some sites don't use paypal.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

I've been saying this for a while. I'm def. going to invest in one this week.

Got it too. I love how these companies just email you saying "we *+%+%+ up your *%@#" and don't even give you a damn discount code or something to try and make up for it.

I get an email like that every 2 years.  Happened to my university too.  Most of the time they offer free credit check services and other stuff to make sure your info wasn't compromised.

Damn Damn Damn....at least I use my CC for online stuff, hope everyone's info is safe

Back
Top Bottom