If Austin Rivers could go straight to the league, would he be the #1 pick this year?

Originally Posted by Jay02

If everyone were to come out this year I got

1. Barnes
2. Davis
3. Drummond
4. Rivers
5. Lamb
6. Jones III
7. Sullinger
8. Robinson

I think without question Barnes will be the most productive in the NBA. Davis will be more of a defensive presence and will be very good at it but you can already see that Barnes has the moves and jumper to kill it at the next level.

Rivers and Lamb really can be interchangeable. Theyre both gonna be very good.

How tall is Sullinger, I still see him listed at 6'10 on some websites. I thought I heard he was only 6'8-6'9. Depending on his height he could be anywhere from 3-6.
Other than the whole beating people of the dribble thing yeah sure, all the moves.
laugh.gif

Harrison Barnes over Anthony Davis. You don't watch the NBA. Barnes is an average lottery prospect. I'd bet against him succeeding in the NBA. Sullinger couldn't be a more overrated prospect. Undersized and plays way below the rim.

Harrison Barnes over Anthony Davis. You don't watch the NBA. Barnes is an average lottery prospect. I'd bet against him succeeding in the NBA. Sullinger couldn't be a more overrated prospect. Undersized and plays way below the rim.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

1. Barnes
2. Davis
3. Drummond
4. Rivers
5. Lamb
6. Jones III
7. Sullinger
8. Robinson

I think without question Barnes will be the most productive in the NBA. Davis will be more of a defensive presence and will be very good at it but you can already see that Barnes has the moves and jumper to kill it at the next level.

How tall is Sullinger, I still see him listed at 6'10 on some websites. I thought I heard he was only 6'8-6'9. Depending on his height he could be anywhere from 3-6.
Other than the whole beating people of the dribble thing yeah sure, all the moves.
laugh.gif
He can back players down and shoot over the top of the defender or take 1 or 2 dribbles and pull up and shoot over the defender. Down low hes shifty and has a nice up and under. Being 6'8 and lengthy with the ability to shoot over anyone is what works in the NBA. And thats what he excels at more than anything. Beating people off the dribble might not be his strength but he can still do it. Hes young as !+#@ he'll become quicker and improve in that area. I dont care what anyone says Barnes will be a problem in the NBA. Whether hes beating people off the dribble or not, dude can shoot over anyone and his jumper is better than anyone elses in the draft by far.

1. Barnes
2. Davis
3. Drummond
4. Rivers
5. Lamb
6. Jones III
7. Sullinger
8. Robinson

laugh.gif
He can back players down and shoot over the top of the defender or take 1 or 2 dribbles and pull up and shoot over the defender. Down low hes shifty and has a nice up and under. Being 6'8 and lengthy with the ability to shoot over anyone is what works in the NBA. And thats what he excels at more than anything. Beating people off the dribble might not be his strength but he can still do it. Hes young as !+#@ he'll become quicker and improve in that area. I dont care what anyone says Barnes will be a problem in the NBA. Whether hes beating people off the dribble or not, dude can shoot over anyone and his jumper is better than anyone elses in the draft by far.

someone set up a draft thread

was going yo do so a few days ago

btw.

in order (assuming they declare)

davis
drummond
barnes
MKG
robinson
perry jones
sullinger
beal

imo of course

someone set up a draft thread

was going yo do so a few days ago

btw.

in order (assuming they declare)

davis
drummond
barnes
MKG
robinson
perry jones
sullinger
beal

imo of course

for that matter
Tony wroten jr> austin rivers

As for things I see from this draft. I feel that for like the last 10 years or so scouts have been searching for the next KG. What I mean by that is they fall in love with these super atheletic 6-11 wirery frame guys who just so happen to have a decent handle. They said it with Anthony Randolph a couple of yrs ago and their doing it with PJIII again. In the Kansas game he straight disappeared. Every time he goes against top talent he disappears, his motor is horrible and mentally he's bout as tough as tissue. High potential to high bust I dont like the pick give me Arnett Moultrie anyday out of Mississippi State anyday. Oh and Quincy Miller is not Kevin Durant, not even close.

for that matter

As for things I see from this draft. I feel that for like the last 10 years or so scouts have been searching for the next KG. What I mean by that is they fall in love with these super atheletic 6-11 wirery frame guys who just so happen to have a decent handle. They said it with Anthony Randolph a couple of yrs ago and their doing it with PJIII again. In the Kansas game he straight disappeared. Every time he goes against top talent he disappears, his motor is horrible and mentally he's bout as tough as tissue. High potential to high bust I dont like the pick give me Arnett Moultrie anyday out of Mississippi State anyday. Oh and Quincy Miller is not Kevin Durant, not even close.

It's official, people are sleeping on Jeremy Lamb again. UNC forever, but in this draft Barnes might struggle to go top 5. 

It's official, people are sleeping on Jeremy Lamb again. UNC forever, but in this draft Barnes might struggle to go top 5. 

Originally Posted by easy1986

for that matter

Truer words have never been spoken. I think Lamb and Wroten are can't miss at the next level. 

Originally Posted by easy1986

for that matter

Truer words have never been spoken. I think Lamb and Wroten are can't miss at the next level. 

Players like Rivers who are undersized shooting guards with decent handles but little natural passing ability and true PG vision are always destined to be solid individual performers but generally poor team players. Very few championship caliber teams look to guys like Rivers. Players don't develop an eye out of nowhere, especially at his age.

To answer your question, who knows. If the worst team in the league needs a scorer, Rivers is a good choice.

EDIT: Oh, and you'd have to be crazy not to pick Davis. I don't care who you have at your PF/C slot.

Players like Rivers who are undersized shooting guards with decent handles but little natural passing ability and true PG vision are always destined to be solid individual performers but generally poor team players. Very few championship caliber teams look to guys like Rivers. Players don't develop an eye out of nowhere, especially at his age.

To answer your question, who knows. If the worst team in the league needs a scorer, Rivers is a good choice.

EDIT: Oh, and you'd have to be crazy not to pick Davis. I don't care who you have at your PF/C slot.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

kix4kix wrote:

If that's the case, he will be at duke next year. 

Which is exactly what you as a Carolina fan should not want.

You think y'all are National Title contenders next year with him back? I doubt it.
how wouldn't we be? If he comes back, we'll essentially have the same team & possibly be preseason #1 imo. That's assuming UK loses their annual 3-4 players, & UNC players finally bolt.

Not too many teams will be bringing their core group of guys, from a top 10 team, back next year

kix4kix wrote:

If that's the case, he will be at duke next year. 

You think y'all are National Title contenders next year with him back? I doubt it.
how wouldn't we be? If he comes back, we'll essentially have the same team & possibly be preseason #1 imo. That's assuming UK loses their annual 3-4 players, & UNC players finally bolt.

Not too many teams will be bringing their core group of guys, from a top 10 team, back next year

1. Barnes
2. Davis
3. Drummond
4. Rivers
5. Lamb
6. Jones III
7. Sullinger
8. Robinson

laugh.gif
No can't do it, he can't beat any competent defender off the dribble, and unless you believe that Harrison is a Dirk level shooter, nobody, but Dirk have been able to score at an elite level while relying mostly on midrange jumpers.

1. Barnes
2. Davis
3. Drummond
4. Rivers
5. Lamb
6. Jones III
7. Sullinger
8. Robinson

laugh.gif
No can't do it, he can't beat any competent defender off the dribble, and unless you believe that Harrison is a Dirk level shooter, nobody, but Dirk have been able to score at an elite level while relying mostly on midrange jumpers.

Originally Posted by MBen32

We don't compete for a NC if Gbinje, Murphy, and Marshall don't develop.

And I can tell some of ya'll don't really watch college basketball.  Lamb and Barnes sure fire picks?  People NOT having Davis as their #1 pick?  Not even mentioning Beal yet salivating over Rivers?  A Terrence Ross mention but not Tony Wroten?  HUH?

Originally Posted by MBen32

We don't compete for a NC if Gbinje, Murphy, and Marshall don't develop.

And I can tell some of ya'll don't really watch college basketball.  Lamb and Barnes sure fire picks?  People NOT having Davis as their #1 pick?  Not even mentioning Beal yet salivating over Rivers?  A Terrence Ross mention but not Tony Wroten?  HUH?

Back
Top Bottom