If "Dance With Me" by 112 were released in 2009 . . .

. . . it would be #1 on the charts for 10 straight months and there would be absolutely no way to escape it. That is all.

my drop tops in the parking lot, and i wanna take you back to my spot BAAAABBBBBBBBY
pimp.gif
. DANCE WITH ME COME ONNNN
laugh.gif

slim was that dude, not he chubby as hell.

You've never lied before.

Especially if they released the remix with Beanie Siegel on it. I listen to this song almost everyday, as well as a lot of other great material fromtheir Diddy's catalog.

What makes you come to this conclusion? I mean it just seems so random. A decent song that wasn't #1 when it came out. Why would it be #1 now?

hahaha.....random but kinda true???.. the new version would have that DB T-Pain on it somehow and there would be auto-tune involved......glad it came out whenit did

Yeah, I know it's random
laugh.gif
But the underlying theme of my post ishow much of the present music industry is club and dance driven. Most hip hop and r&b these days is formulaic and has to fall under a certain criteria, andthis song just happens to fall under that criteria. The difference is that "Dance With Me", for what it is, is a genuinely good song that wasn'treleased with a cookie cutter motive behind it like so many songs these days do.

I mean, think about it, it has references to dancing with girls, late night hook up innuendo and even group participation ("if you sexy and you know itclap your hands!"). On top of that the beat is sicker than any I've heard in a dance song this last year or so.

And in that same vain I don't think Lady Gaga or T-pain would be nearly as popular in 2001. Maybe in europe . .

*vvvtrerrwehehdh*...Bad Boy! I see you, lookin at me...

I thought OP was implying the synthesized beat would be perfect for the current electro theme in today's rap, r&b, pop, rock, etc

^^ That too, though everything is so god damn overproduced and messy these days in contrast this beat may as well be asingle acoustic guitar.

I remember liking this song when it came out so I youtubed it...
Yo this %#%# is trash
laugh.gif

I think it would still be a hit if it were released today. Definitely sounds different than most music out now. I still give Part III a few spins every now andthen.

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Yo this %#%# is trash
laugh.gif

Seriously. The real song that was nice was the one where their in the parking lot and *+$. I think it was called Its Over Now. That was my *+$ when it firstcame out. Peaches n Cream was nice too. Dance With me? This is out of left field.
laugh.gif

Its Over Now was my +@#. I remember when that +@# dropped to. I hated r&b lol. That +@# put me onto r&b right there. That beat is so chill.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Yo this %#%# is trash
laugh.gif

Seriously. The real song that was nice was the one where their in the parking lot and *+$. I think it was called Its Over Now. That was my *+$ when it first came out. Peaches n Cream was nice too. Dance With me? This is out of left field.
laugh.gif

Peaches and Cream was no.1 on 106 for so long back when free and aj were still there...we had a permanent sub in our math class and if we finished our work hewould let us watch tv...we always watched bet and the show from the night before would be on...that teacher was
pimp.gif
i was in 8th grade

Back
Top Bottom