If Drake had signed to Hov...

jbpkickz

Banned
i never like that drake signed with Wayne , was talking to my boy yesterday and we felt the same way, basically duke is on a label full of kids clowns, and gudda gudda, just imagine if he had gone with hov, Cole-Drake-Hov and of course some kanye would have been
pimp.gif

With YM, He dropped two quality albums, a retail mxtape that did numbers... he's one of the hottest rappers out right now... he's doin good for himself
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

question tho... if he signed Hov, what would be different?
nerd.gif

he could have done all that without wayne, if he was with hov he would have at least been himself, not so much catchin bodys and throwin bodys, he wouldnt have young money artists on his songs spittin them struggle bars , he has solid albums but i feel like hes gettin lazy with his rhymes cuz hes the best rapper on the label if he had cole and hov he would have more motivation to keep his bars A1 , idk like i said it was my thought

Drake would be J Cole right now. No buzz at all
30t6p3b.gif

Lil Wayne at least markets his crew and got them famous. Jay-Z don't care bout nobody but Jay-Z.

Originally Posted by vezon

30t6p3b.gif

Lil Wayne at least markets his crew and got them famous. Jay-Z don't care bout nobody but Jay-Z.

J. Cole aint got no buzz becuz of J. Cole, not Hov

Drake doesn't need any marketing, he has the talent, looks (no ayo), and he's a Jew... He woulda done fine wherever... Him being with Wayne is better than him being with Hov on a standpoint that YM >>>> Roc Nation in regards to popularity, not quality... so the affiliation helped his career.

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

Originally Posted by vezon

30t6p3b.gif

J. Cole aint got no buzz becuz of J. Cole, not Hov

Drake doesn't need any marketing, he has the talent, looks (no ayo), and he's a Jew... He woulda done fine wherever... Him being with Wayne is better than him being with Hov on a standpoint that YM >>>> Roc Nation in regards to popularity, not quality... so the affiliation helped his career.
good point

I imagine he would be a different Drake and have a different mindset.. so no, it would not be the same. Would be to busy trying to prove something to Hov instead of making hits.

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

With YM, He dropped two quality albums, a retail mxtape that did numbers... he's one of the hottest rappers out right now... he's doin good for himself
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't really see what difference it would have made?  He has worked with every artist you mentioned in your post hasn't he?  Unless his money somehow directly benefits you I don't see why you care.  Just b/c he is on label with majority clowns does;t mean he has to work with them.  You haven't seen chuckie or gudda on any of his albums right?

He would have had worse beats I think.

YMCMB seem to set their artists up with the best producers money can miss.

if drake signed with hov, we would've forgot about him already. hov doesnt know talent, or what to do with it. remember he signed some scrub name tru life? com'on son. maybe if roc-a-fella was still a crew and dame was around...

but even then, there can only be one alpha, idk if jigga would let dude breathe forreal.

I think personally Drake is aight........... Kid is mostly hit but every now and then a miss ( over), if he was with Jay he would have the Kevin Durant Work ethic, instead of his terrible traying to make it cast mates aka ( Miami), yes Drake would be better if hes with Hov

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

His main producers are all people he's worked with before Cash Money.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

His main producers are all people he's worked with before Cash Money.
word,
but when I think of Drake on the radio all day

I also lump in his features.

He would've still been successful...

BUT, he picked up the Wayne co-sign when Wayne's popularity was AT IT'S PEAK, and y'all know the rest...so I think things have worked out just fine.
wink.gif

Drake would've been J.Cole if he would've signed with Hov. I'm not a Drake fan, unless he talkin bout some serious #!%% but he made the right move.

He's doing fine imo... Him being with YM has gotten him a lot of exposure. Not saying he wouldn't have gotten exposure at Roc Nation, but YM wasn't a bad choice. Him & Wayne hype wise has been big for awhile now. If you look at how his career has turned out so far, YM was a good move.

Him and Nicki are both responsible for atleast half of each other popularity, so he's doing just fine

He would of done good either way, with or without either of them. I think he signed to YM because Wayne believed in him. Just like he did Nicki.

Ya'll seem to think for some reason that Jay-Z would have been responsible for his career...and seem to think Wayne/Birdman are for his career now...and that is false.

As long as he had HHS78, he would have won.

There's a reason you see Drake distancing himself from the YMCMB camp whenever he can. Son went on a major tour and didn't take not ONE labelmate with him. His moves are LARGELY put in place by management and his own personal camp.

There is nothing he is doing w/ Cash Money that he couldn't have done without them.

The issue isn't with Jay...he reportedly had a handshake deal with Lyor Cohen, the big dog at Warner.

So the better question is "What if Drake had signed with Lyor?"

The only thing I see different is less Wayne and Minaj features which I guess would be better

For marketing purposes, it made since for Drake to sign to Wayne. Especially since at that time, Wayne had the game on lock so for Drake to sign to YM made sense. Don't think it would of been that way if he would of sign with Jay.

Back
Top Bottom