if i can capture da 1990's in 1 picture it would be this.....

n1236770238_30126829_5229688.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

aint that more like very late 90's early 2000's?
nope, those colors (concord purple) were only on sale from 1994-1996

peep da grays negro league fitted...that was middle of da 90's

and money in da back looks like he got a 3rd rail hat.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CjGenius368

what about Nautica, Tommy, etc.?
first dude on da left has a collared shirt with multiple colors..im sure it was either polo/tommy/nauti

i remember people were getting straight robbed for these bubble northface jackets....and you had to be BRAVE to rock da red one since da mid-late 90's is when

da bloods first started to make people feel da impact of their presence....

before da northface bubbles came on da scene da best coats were Bear bubble coats & First down.

First Down.... My big brother had one. A reversible black/red bubble. Cheap as he'll though lol I was picking all the feathers sticking out of his coat. Good times.

Starter jackets > First Downs

Might as well make a spinoff thread about it cuz that's where this is headed....

Everyone had the big bear coats before that.

I remember my mom got me a first down coat, I was so salty I wanted a North Face.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

If that's all the 90's consisted of, the 90's was a complete failure
Maybe in ninjahood's little world this is what it captured. I find it hard to see how guys in North Face bubble jackets sum up the 90's.
laugh.gif

That pic is a FAILLLLLLLLL, that is not a pic to sum up 10 FREAKING YEARS, No Flame but your an IDIOT.

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

Everyone had the big bear coats before that.

I remember my mom got me a first down coat, I was so salty I wanted a North Face.

i had a first down joint too.. but i didn't give a @*#@
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

If that's all the 90's consisted of, the 90's was a complete failure
Maybe in ninjahood's little world this is what it captured. I find it hard to see how guys in North Face bubble jackets sum up the 90's.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
it is so hard for him to say the word THE instead of DA

I think a lot more went on during the 90s than what kind of clothes Puerto Ricans/Dominicans were wearing in upper Manhattan.

I still like and rock my Nuptse NorthFace. Not sure if it's a total summation of the 90's. Now, maybe some Polo and Guess, even Tommy and you have a much clearer pitcher. And for my DMV heads, Eddie Bauer Superior Polar Parka. The ultimate Hustler, grind coat that went for 4 bills. Still rocking that from when I was finally able to buy it last year of college in '98.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

I think a lot more went on during the 90s than what kind of clothes Puerto Ricans/Dominicans were wearing in upper Manhattan.

laugh.gif
 so true.

^^ yeah what ninjahood said.

i graduated 8th grade in 1998 and none of my friends had north face jackets. OK maybe 1 or 2. It was either first down or BEAR bubble jackets. Extra cool points if they were reversible. Was that really the case in NYC or were we just broke?

Oh and I had a Knicks Starter Jacket disregard the fact that I was a closet Jordan/Bulls fan.

meh. i would of posted some fubu, tommy hill or guess but its your thread , i hated them D_ feathers when yo coat got a hole
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
miamib30514 wrote:

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

laugh.gif
 so true.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Seriously, I thought I was gonna see alot more than that one pic. 

And yeah, I had a bear before the northface.  I think most people did.  Find me a pic with Tommy pullovers, Abercrombie windbreakers, the black/yellow hooded northface bubble, Vasques and Trezeta goretex boots, Uptempos, Guess farmers, and one random dude wearing a cybertek suit and we've got a pic that sums up the 90's.  Throw in a pair of parasuco's with the reflective strip down the side and you get 20 bonus points.

Pic needs somebody lurking in the background about to run their pockets. They looking too happy.

Back
Top Bottom