If Jay Williams NEVER got on that bike....

williams_254_020626.jpg

what type of PG do you think he would have become in the NBA? All-Star, journeyman, role player, solid starter, etc?? I honestly forgot about dude until Ijust saw him on the halftime show of the Tenn/UT game. Obviously, life is all about the choices we make. He made a dumb decision, and unfortunately it costhim his pro career. He tried to come back a few years ago, but it didn't work out. It's a shame, because he could have been real special. Dude wasone of the best PG's to ever go through the ACC.

*I can't remember...but did he get hurt before or after the 03' draft? The reason I'm asking is that was the Bulls decision to draft Hinrichbecause of what happened to Williams? If he didn't get hurt, who knows who the Bulls would have selected in 03' etc....

*edit*

ha

smh.gif
Man I was just having this conversation with my boys over some liquor this past weekend....

JAy Williams was the BEST college point guard I have ever seen play. One of my cousins played against him when he was at St.Joes and he said that was the bestplayer he ever played against.

Shame what he did to himself. I guess everything happens for a reason though.... If that makes any sense.

Obviously my guess is only as good as the next guy's, but I don't think he'd be better than average at best. I definitely don't think"Chris Paul status."

I think he would be like Gilbert Arenas...not sure if he be quite the scorer Gil is/was, but you get the idea.

Im sure there would be no Hinrich or Rose in Chicago if he never rode that bike. His days at Duke were just
eek.gif
, he was definitely NBA ready. But what can you do, everything happens for areason, atleast ESPN gave him a chance
laugh.gif

He was just starting to come on the second half of that year I remember, had that game with like 17 assists or something. Son woulda been gettin off in thisgaurd-friendly era...he woulda been a top 5 pg right now.

Him, Duhon, Boozer, that Duke squad was live...

He would've been a star on the right team , but he wasn't mature as a person to deal with the situation in Chicago at the time

Bill Cartwright was a horrible coach and nobody on that squad knew their role

Question to the people saying he would've suck, how many of you actually watched him or followed him at all...? Hell even a game... Sure he wasinconsistent but he did start to turn it on by the end of the season and would have some monster games. Calling him a Tyrone Lue type player is ##$$$!%ridiculous.

funny how people remember him as 'jay' when he was only really in the league a year.

booze
battier
dunleavy
duhon
williams

one of the nicest starting 5's ever.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Question to the people saying he would've suck, how many of you actually watched him or followed him at all...? Hell even a game... Sure he was inconsistent but he did start to turn it on by the end of the season and would have some monster games. Calling him a Tyrone Lue type player is ##$$$!% ridiculous.

Truth

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@some of the replies in this thread....

Im not sure if some of you know the definition of an "average" player
smh.gif

I dunno. Something about his play his rookie year kinda reminds me of Marbury ala Phoenix days. Not quite as shot heavy, and still averaged 8 asts.

he would've been an allstar.

the guy had like 2 triple doubles his rookie season or something right? i thought he was on his way to stardom to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom