If Jay Williams NEVER got on that bike....

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

^yea but when it states in your contract NO MOTORCYCLES and you still go out and do it... thats called pretty bad decision making

Do you honestly think any player reads the details of their contract?

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

Would you calm down if we dubbed him the next potential isaiah?

he averaged 9.5pts and 4.7ast. in 75 games played.

isaiah indeed

indifferent.gif
Almost 10 and 5 is decent for a rookie PG. Somewhat underachieving for a #2 overall, but he was very quick, strong, passed well, and had a decent mid-range jumper. Also, the Bulls had two other ball-handlers in Jalen Rose and Jamal Crawford, and Williams didn't even get THAT many minutes.

And to the Tyronn Lue comparison...that's plain stupid. Two completely different players.

didn't get that many minutes? he was a starter for 54 games. he got plenty of pt. As for lue, in the 04' season he started 46 games, averaged 13.5/5.3.....both were 1st round picks......i wasn't saying jay would've been the exact mold of lue, but they were similar talents.

tyron lue type...probably better

it's not like people weren't calling jay a bust or anything....wait they were.
alien.gif

He was more athletic then Lue, he was a better shooter then Lue, he had better court vision then Lue, wasn't a damn stick like Lue, etc.Nothing about their games are similar... And in the 04' season, Lue wasn't a rookie, he was in his 6th season... Not a rookie so why even bring thatup?

And why are you putting words in my mouth? When did I say he was gonna be the next Isiah? Point blank, Lue is a medicore journeyman point gaurd...

yall see what Raymond Felton is doing in the NBA? that would be Jay williams, which ant a bad thing but he wasnt going to be a superstar or a bum riding thebench.

Jason WIlliams was the truth...I still remember his last game with Duke, how he hit the 3 AND got that foul (which he missed..) Dude would've been betterthan average for sure, but now we'll never know...He would've been the first draft pick too, if it wasn't for a 7'6 Chinese center from ShangHai.

From what I remember, he only played one season before the accident. I was so mad when I found out about his accident...it's too damn bad, he would'vebeen top 5 PG right now at least.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

funny how people remember him as 'jay' when he was only really in the league a year.

booze
battier
dunleavy
duhon
williams

one of the nicest starting 5's ever.
thats one of the most
pimp.gif
squads.and he changed it to jay sohe wouldnt be confused with this Jayson
jayson-williams.jpg

anyways, i think jay could have been decent. just so unfortunate...

Originally Posted by vctry20

if your grandmother has a penis, she'd be your grandfather
Eventhough your joke wasn't funny, I'll give you the "
laugh.gif
" you wanted.

Tyron Lue?? Seriously??

i have no doubt in my mind hed be much better than a jameer nelson. i think he wouldve made the allstar team

Nah thats on point tho...he would be a Rich-Man's Jameer Nelson.

Yall see what Jameer is doing in the league right now? Dude is probably gonna be an All-Star reserve this year... And in no way did he have the talent J-Willhad, just nicer with the jumper...

He would've turned into an All-Star. Pooh is basically a carbon copy of him w/ just a little more hops.

Remember the debate- Yao or JWill w/ the number one? Funny how things turn out...

What exactly was it that made his comeback impossible? Was the pain caused by the injury (hip related?), or did he just lose so much time in rehab that theskills were gone?

Son was NASTY at Duke with the handle and the J, I loved watching him and Booze and Dunleavy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
William Avery. The only significant thing he did, durig his time in the NBA, was wear the Flightposite 1, 2, and 3 in consecutive seasons, as a benchwarmer.

As for Jason Williams, I think he'd be a good PG. MJ wanted to draft him #1, if he'd have left school, after the 00-01 Duke season.

I mean Jameer is nice but because Orlando wanted to trade him for so long guys aint looking at the whole picture.

But what Jameer is doing this season would prob be Jason's career averages now. Prob at 7 assists and 17 points though.

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

funny how people remember him as 'jay' when he was only really in the league a year.

booze
battier
dunleavy
duhon
williams

one of the nicest starting 5's ever.
I always remembered him being known as Jason Williams during his Duke days...

we should have won in 02 also. That free throw after the three still haunts me. But dude at Duke was flat out unreal.
I remember that game ever so clearly.

Duke was down by 4 and bam Jay with the 3 and the foul.

Ashamed that he missed the free throw but they did have a couple tries after the miss, I don't completely blame him.

I think he would've been one of the top PGs had he not had the accident.

damn
frown.gif
� I think he would've been solid don't think hewould've been an All-Star or a Chris Paul but he would've held his own and been good as a starter or backup for a stacked team

I can see the Deron Williams comparison. He was really strong for a point guard. Sucks that we'll never know.

there must be a duke curse.... everyone from duke either gets hurt or just ends up sucking in one way or another......

Back
Top Bottom