If one sneaker could be put in a time capsule what would it be?

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

Air Jordan 3.....

Or the Air Max 1.
My choice
pimp.gif

I would say the Concord XI. To me, this shoe just changed the game as far as design.

I remember being in 3rd grade standing at the bus stop and one of the 5th graders had them. I instantly fell in love but it wasn't in my parents budget. The next year I got the XII for Christmas and was just as stoked. But the sting of never having the XI's has stayed with me since I was a youngin.

I was a freshman in college when the DMP came out and I couldn't afford them even if I was able to find a pair at retail. I had Zen's and I have SJ's but Friday will be my first pair of Concord's and for that, they've always been my grail.

Originally Posted by MECKS

can someone explain to me how in the hell foamposites are iconic?
Because it was unlike anything anyone has ever saw at the time. Ugly yet beautiful, a design that had not dated itself at all.  

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

011413_1_p.jpg

This and you all know it to be true. This shoe REALLY STARTED sneaker collecting and craziness. The shoe that brought Nike to where it is today.

lebronvii22.jpg
63259_340.jpg

but if were talking about history and all that jordan 1 black/red with the Nike Air

My immediate reaction was Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars. With that said, I could also see very valid arguments for (in no particular order) the Adidas Super Star a.k.a Shell Toes, the Air Max 1, the Air Jordan I, and the Air Jordan III. Anything other than those, you start moving away from groundbreaking performance/iconic designs, and towards personal preference.

Peace,
J

i was gonna say the marty mcflys but they will already have those in the future..
so ill say mikes first shoes and the game fine with them..

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

I'm gonna be a hypebeast and post these
airyeezy-glow.jpg
my man
that glow is beautiful. I feel as if yeezys were to release in the year 2020 they will be in fashion of the time (not that they aren't already). They look futuristic.

Concords. or Foamposites. No matter how whored out they get, they will always look futuristic.

Originally Posted by MECKS

can someone explain to me how in the hell foamposites are iconic?

Because it's a shoe that will always look futuristic yet retro, along with the AJXI.

Back
Top Bottom