If StockX reopens, will you continue to do business there?

Will you still use StockX?

• Yes

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • I'll see if they make changes

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
Prices are higher for sure, but I've also had issues with GOAT. Bought a pair from their used section. They showed up and had clearly continued to be worn after they were listed. Had all kinds of nasty stains that weren't in the pics. Sent them detailed pics and they basically told me my pics matched their listing, that I should've paid more attention, and go kick rocks. Ended up having to file a chargeback.

Bought a brand new pair of supreme highs for 650 got a pair worn about 50 times . Opened the box about 4 days after delivery and they have only a 3 day return policy . They used to have a week policy and then skimmed it down to 3 days . How do you let something worn about 50 times pass as brand new on goat . Took about two weeks to get a reply to . **** these big companies filed a chargeback and glt
My money back . Got the shoes for free but their worth around 250 that’s how beat they are . It’s not the first time they made mistakes for me I don’t even email them no more just file chargebacks **** that saves time

Attachments

• A64B3984-E035-4D76-9747-D8C7E664CD03.jpeg
    A64B3984-E035-4D76-9747-D8C7E664CD03.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,297
The problem with stockX is they think they’re doing us a favor when we use their platform.

We made stockx what it is today. The people. The shoe collectors. The resellers. The shoe culture in general.

We were doing just fine without stockX. I would imagine most of us here on NT never had a problem deciphering reals from fakes when we purchased, so the seller to buyer direct sale benefited us more than stockX’s services ever will.

But ultimately, StockX as a company has stolen the market right from under our feet because of greedy, crooked people like Dan Gilbert.

They failed us plenty of times with security breaches and killer fees. They serve no purpose to us besides the comfort of knowing a chargeback won’t occur after the sale.

I truly hope they collapse as a business, and a more buyer/seller friendly platform takes over and makes it easier and cheaper for us to buy and sell. Because at this point, StockX has become a nuisance in almost every way.

Bought a brand new pair of supreme highs for 650 got a pair worn about 50 times . Opened the box about 4 days after delivery and they have only a 3 day return policy . They used to have a week policy and then skimmed it down to 3 days . How do you let something worn about 50 times pass as brand new on goat . Took about two weeks to get a reply to . **** these big companies filed a chargeback and glt
My money back . Got the shoes for free but their worth around 250 that’s how beat they are . It’s not the first time they made mistakes for me I don’t even email them no more just file chargebacks **** that saves time
That sucks to hear. Got baby powder in my last purchase from SX. Seemed alright otherwise. Months ago.

The problem with stockX is they think they’re doing us a favor when we use their platform.

We made stockx what it is today. The people. The shoe collectors. The resellers. The shoe culture in general.

We were doing just fine without stockX. I would imagine most of us here on NT never had a problem deciphering reals from fakes when we purchased, so the seller to buyer direct sale benefited us more than stockX’s services ever will.

But ultimately, StockX as a company has stolen the market right from under our feet because of greedy, crooked people like Dan Gilbert.

They failed us plenty of times with security breaches and killer fees. They serve no purpose to us besides the comfort of knowing a chargeback won’t occur after the sale.

I truly hope they collapse as a business, and a more buyer/seller friendly platform takes over and makes it easier and cheaper for us to buy and sell. Because at this point, StockX has become a nuisance in almost every way.
I could not agree more. Well said.

Stopped using FraudX after my info was sent to the dark web and my bank account was defrauded. Having issues with GOAT right now (taking forever to verify shoes and get paid) because of COVID-19.

Oof! Yeah, mine wasn't quite as extreme as yours, but I said the same thing. How in the world can you look at the listing and look at what you "authenticated" and claim they're anywhere close. Basically told me they weren't taking them back and I should try to resell the pair through them.

Had an issue closer to yours with stockx. Sent me a pair of C-Grade defective AJ3 JTH's and gave me the standard line about them being a typical flaw in a mass produced shoe. I paid way too much for these to be looking like the Leaning Tower of Pisa and they wouldn't even offer a discount. Gave them several options to do the right thing and got told to just resell them. Filed a chargeback and won on those too.

I’m 100% down with the sentiment of boycotting StockX all together. Never appreciated the fees.
I’ve mostly been using them to get apparel such as Supreme and Kith.

Is there another alternative? Would love to go to GOAT (will use them for sneakers), but what about apparel?

doesn't help they added a new 3% fee for buyers

let em burn down but wonder how that will affect the sneaker selling platform in general
Only one way to find out. I'm more than curious how this plays out in the long run.

doesn't help they added a new 3% fee for buyers

let em burn down but wonder how that will affect the sneaker selling platform in general

StockX has made us so dependent on them for “authentication”. We’ve been doing just fine before they arrived. Suddenly, they’ve convinced everyone how we needed them to help us, and took our culture from under our feet.

**** StockX, **** Dan Gilbert,**** Josh Luber as a staff, record label and as a mother****ing crew

StockX has made us so dependent on them for “authentication”. We’ve been doing just fine before they arrived. Suddenly, they’ve convinced everyone how we needed them to help us, and took our culture from under our feet.

**** StockX, **** Dan Gilbert,**** Josh Luber as a staff, record label and as a mother****ing crew
And if you don't like it, **** you too. 😁😁😁

I haven’t had an issue with stock x or goat but these stories are crazy!

stock x was amazing pre state sales tax. with all these taxes I’m over it. And with this recent events, I’m gonna leave them alone.

stock x was amazing pre state sales tax. with all these taxes I’m over it. And with this recent events, I’m gonna leave them alone.
This epidemic has really brought out the true colors of people in general. I find myself pleasantly surprised and yet also horrified every day it passes.

Stock X gonna be out of business soon. The excessive taxes and security issues are enough.

GOATs website is garbage, looks like something someone made as an assignment back in 2008.

Stock X has a nice *** website.

I don’t buy or sell on either, **** them both

Since the announcement that StockX added the service fee for buyers, I’ve shifted my focus over to GOAT, eBay, and Grailed. I did buy a pair of AM1s that I’ve been in searching in my size that popped up on StockX and decided to get it. The pair is actually shipped directly from Amsterdam, so that will sit in the garage for maybe a week.
I plan on using StockX as a last resort.
Still dislike the fact of the service fee for buyers. They could’ve handled the data breach 100x better too.

But this is a bad look in them and still opting to stay open. Yikes.

I used StockX when they first came out. Got some steals too. But I don’t think I’m going to go back after this buy fee. The state tax is understandable, but these fees and shipping prices is too much. Why am I paying $13 shipping for an item that weighs 0.53lbs And comes 15 miles away from me?

**** StockX.

Used stock X once and it was as recently for Syracuse dunks . No complaints but this was pre-tax.

ill just stick to reputable sellers on grailed. If something fishy ever comes I’ll just deal with it then but can’t do the stock X price increases and double shipping to ship from damn Detroit to cleveland

bid $250 , final checkout $74732737

Used stock X once and it was as recently for Syracuse dunks . No complaints but this was pre-tax.

ill just stick to reputable sellers on grailed. If something fishy ever comes I’ll just deal with it then but can’t do the stock X price increases and double shipping to ship from damn Detroit to cleveland

bid $250 , final checkout $74732737

Got the AM 90 Volts for $99. Ended up paying close to $125. How Sway?

Used StockX several times during quarantine and I'm proud of everything they've done. I'm sure they're using the funds they receive from the new fee to update their algorithm. Even if they get hacked again, I'm happy that they exist.

Used StockX several times during quarantine and I'm proud of everything they've done. I'm sure they're using the funds they receive from the new fee to update their algorithm. Even if they get hacked again, I'm happy that they exist.
No offense, but you're proud they willfully neglected the government's order for safety that may have killed people? K....

Back
Top Bottom