If StockX reopens, will you continue to do business there?

Will you still use StockX?

• Yes

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • I'll see if they make changes

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
I always hear horror stories from sellers about Goat. They'd make people offer discounts and scream fake over the smallest, insignificant detail. That's why I'd rather buy from Goat.

makes sense.

the selling experience on stockx was smooth. I was going to sell on GOAT too but they make you connect social media accounts which is really weird to me.

Why do I have to connect my Instagram account to sell on their platform? F that.

The only way I can see STOCKX regaining some of their customers is killing the processing and shipping feet and being more transparent in regards to the safety of our personal data.

The only way I can see STOCKX regaining some of their customers is killing the processing and shipping feet and being more transparent in regards to the safety of our personal data.
Then it stops being profitable perhaps. Their inability to payout authenticated items during this doesn't give me much confidence in their cash flow.

No fees on shoes sold over $100 on eBay >>>

Set strict parameters in a listing i.e. no 0 feedback bidders unless messaging before bid, etc, and take decent photos and it’s not too bad. My favorite platform to list on currently.

As a buyer, no there’s not the same level of variety available at any given time, but messaging allows for negotiation so you can usually get a price at/lower than SX.

No fees on shoes sold over $100 on eBay >>>

Set strict parameters in a listing i.e. no 0 feedback bidders unless messaging before bid, etc, and take decent photos and it’s not too bad. My favorite platform to list on currently.

As a buyer, no there’s not the same level of variety available at any given time, but messaging allows for negotiation so you can usually get a price at/lower than SX.

Selling on eBay is fine.

Buying on ebay is like meeting a girl in the club and hitting it raw then same night. Major risk. You’re completely on your own in spotting fakes.

I sell mad **** on eBay and haven't had any issues. Had two small ones as a seller and eBay sided with me both times.

I take real good pics of everything and tell them no returns. I give a detailed description too.

Last week one guy tried to ask for a refund a month after he gotta jacket I sold him. eBay said we recommend you return it but since you have it stated no returns, you can decline his return. I declined that **** fast as hell. I'm not Nordstrom or Polo, it's not my fault the jacket didn't fit you the way you wanted.

I also sell a lot internationally on eBay, **** is cheap as **** to ship through eBay. I ship to mad countries and it's $8-$12 every time.

Then it stops being profitable perhaps. Their inability to payout authenticated items during this doesn't give me much confidence in their cash flow.
I’ve sold probably 20 items during this quarantine and every single payment came on time

hilarious that I get this email a few min ago

686E8ED9-A57E-4B79-A088-CA5C7C9C09AC.jpeg

Stockx won’t go away. Convenience always outweighs everything. Sell an item with a click of a button, prepaid label, don’t have to take photos. It’s a sellers marketplace.
They said that **** about newspapers and cable tv and blockbuster too.

if stock x really wants to make improvements higher offshore call centers in the philippines like other companies do

what do they pay them at these phone boiler rooms that banks use $2.00 US an hour ?

also i would love to hear that leaked audio if anyone has it

i hope the ny drop off center won't close down and i hope the 7 or more people who got coronavirus at their centers doing better and didnt pass as we all know detroit was hard hit

Last edited:
Selling on eBay is fine.

Buying on ebay is like meeting a girl in the club and hitting it raw then same night. Major risk. You’re completely on your own in spotting fakes.

I've always felt the opposite.

As a buyer, you have more recourse if there's any issues.

As a seller, the buyer can claim whatever he/she wants, wear the kicks, send you back used kicks, send back a box of sand, etc and you're at the mercy of ebay's pro-buyer policies for the most part.

I've always felt the opposite.

As a buyer, you have more recourse if there's any issues.

As a seller, the buyer can claim whatever he/she wants, wear the kicks, send you back used kicks, send back a box of sand, etc and you're at the mercy of ebay's pro-buyer policies for the most part.

This is why I said conditioning auctions for no returns, no 0 feedback bidders, etc etc. If you’re diligent and take detailed, dated pics, you should be fairly safe as a seller.

StockX is a good example of getting out what you put in. The ease of use comes with the potential headaches, which can be worth it for bulk resellers and other similar situations.

I sell mad **** on eBay and haven't had any issues. Had two small ones as a seller and eBay sided with me both times.

I take real good pics of everything and tell them no returns. I give a detailed description too.

Last week one guy tried to ask for a refund a month after he gotta jacket I sold him. eBay said we recommend you return it but since you have it stated no returns, you can decline his return. I declined that **** fast as hell. I'm not Nordstrom or Polo, it's not my fault the jacket didn't fit you the way you wanted.

I also sell a lot internationally on eBay, **** is cheap as **** to ship through eBay. I ship to mad countries and it's $8-$12 every time.
There’s no such thing as no returns on eBay FYI no matter how you list it

I like the options you have through GOAT. Found some pairs that in my size that I've been wanting to re-own again. But a lot of the prices are listed a lot higher compared to StockX.

Grailed seems cool too. But I've noticed that a lot of the listings are old and sellers don't reply back to messages.

There’s no such thing as no returns on eBay FYI no matter how you list it

They changed that two years ago.

Literally just said eBay told me they recommend I do the return but because I said no returns, then I don’t have to return it.

They changed that two years ago.

Literally just said eBay told me they recommend I do the return but because I said no returns, then I don’t have to return it.
Selling is such a hassle on eBay. Guidelines definitely lean towards the benefit of the buyers.

What I don't get is how they allow people to list items with a feedback rating of under 95%. But that's another topic lol.

Selling is such a hassle on eBay. Guidelines definitely lean towards the benefit of the buyers.

What I don't get is how they allow people to list items with a feedback rating of under 95%. But that's another topic lol.

Its drastically improved over the last two years for buyers.

As for feedback, I don’t really have anything to say. I’ve bought from people with 65% feedback and didn’t have an issue.

I had 90% feedback one time and they were both bull****. One guy waited 10 days to pay, I relisted and sold the item five days later and then he left negative feedback saying I wanted more money.

Another guy said I sold him a fake jersey and left negative feedback. Didn’t even contact me about a refund or proof that it was real. It was an authentic jersey from NFLShop and I had the receipt still.

StockX is trash. Migrated to Grailed/Goat and still selling on eBay and local.

they adding fees on top of fees, haven’t compensated folks for multiple data breaches, and got the nerve to be sending me surveys and ****.

told customer service rep suck my **** and unlisted everything I had up weeks ago, still waiting for my account to be closed cuz these PANs have no sort of professionalism or customer service ability

contacted my bank and and said ANYTHING coming from StockX needs to be blocked and treated as fraud immediately

Back
Top Bottom