If the Euro drops any further, will the US Dollar be the GOAT currency?

It dropped to $1.19 today....the lowest in over half a decade.

When I first got over here it was like $1.67 ....it was terrible. Our COLA (cost of living allowance) drops along with the Euro but the dollar goes further so I'm happy.

If anyone was planning a trip to the EU now would be a good time.
pimp.gif

#based

If the Euro drops any further, will the US Dollar be the GOAT currency?

Its transcended the walls of the music forum and made its way to General...

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

It dropped to $1.19 today....the lowest in over half a decade.

When I first got over here it was like $1.67 ....it was terrible. Our COLA (cost of living allowance) drops along with the Euro but the dollar goes further so I'm happy.

If anyone was planning a trip to the EU now would be a good time.
pimp.gif

#based
Oh, so the British Pound suddenly doesn't exist anymore?

I'm heading to Greece next month.

I'm wondering if I should start to exchange some of my money now, or if I should hold out.

Originally Posted by cOlorWay

I'm wondering if I should start to exchange some of my money now, or if I should hold out.

They're predicting the Euro to drop even further to the $1.10 range by the end of the year. I'm no expert but I'd guess you'd be safe waiting to see if there are any further drops.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Damn, good time to be buying designer goods from overseas.
not exactly...i think you'll have to wait until the euro is equal to or less than the dollar

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Damn, good time to be buying designer goods from overseas.
not exactly...i think you'll have to wait until the euro is equal to or less than the dollar

The retail is cheaper over there for some brands so a Bal bag might cost me 1200$ here in the US but I can pick it up for $900 even with the exchange rate. Normally the differences in retail price is negated by the exchange rate so it's not worth ordering from overseas.  Only when the euro is low does it become an option. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

My pops is copping me a ticket to the U.K. later this year....can't wait.

You know the Euro isn't the currency in the UK right?

Damn, when we went to Greece last year I think it was $1.51 or so?

Would have LOVED to be in around 1.15-1.20. My god, we could have had much more flexibility.

Originally Posted by cOlorWay

You may want to lock in now, there's no guarantee it'll continue to drop and it's still better than it was a year ago. Plus banks tack on % over the exchange.

Where you headed?

Originally Posted by kdawg

I know, I know I was in the U.K. when they were tryna get them to join the union and they said fall back...from UK I'm taking a Eurotrip for a week
pimp.gif

If the Euro continues to drop drastically it's not good for US trade, tourism, etc and therefore our own economy

US Govt needs to bring these Euros back down to earth and have more parity with exchange rates though, but that takes time. It's not good to take advantage of their failed economic policy, because that messes up everyone's biz and will come back to haunt us.

Originally Posted by kdawg

I know, I know I was in the U.K. when they were tryna get them to join the union and they said fall back...from UK I'm taking a Eurotrip for a week
pimp.gif
sure u did
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom