If the Nuggets don't make the playoffs this year what is in Iversons mind?

Iverson left the Sixers because he got tired of losing and wanted to be on a contender. You would have to think that as stack as the West the Nuggets have agood chance of not making it so do you think Iverson would want to be moved or demand for changes?

Iverson to Cleveland for Ben Wallace
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

He'd probably demand for some changes, but he won't be alone. Anthony would probably be right there with him.

There are three keys to winning championships.

1) Defense
2) Rebounding
3) Scoring

Yes, in that order. Iverson does one of these and none of the other two.

The Nuggets aren't going anywhere with the way they play team defense and individual players play russian roulette in the passing lanes. It's glorifiedAAU ball.

eek.gif
damn homie said AAU, straight skipped college,and high school
laugh.gif

if they dont make the playoffs..........
smh.gif

i was actually gonna provide a real answer, but then i thought about it and unless they make some drastic changes on how the team is run, then there aint muchmore to discuss.

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

He should go to Orlando or the ATL.

Miami would be interesting......

I cant even front, A.I. would be nasty in Orlando. A line-up of

1)A.I.

2)Evans

3)Turkoglu

4)Lewis

5)Howard

would be
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
. The current Denver squad is better though, they just gotta get theirdefensive chemistry together. A.I. has the choice to opt out this summer though so.............................

It'd be hard to imagine him joining a better team. And after all his time in the league--it's still hard for a coach to decide which position heshould play if he did demand to go elsewhere. I personally think he's better off staying in DEN with the nucleus of himself, Melo, Camby, and JR. I thinka couple years down the road he'd regret leaving that situation. Maybe a coaching change would do them more good then trading away their superstars.

Eh... Maybe he's at the point in his career where he says %%#* it, opts out and takes a pay cut to play for a legitimate championship contender...

If I were a guy like Iverson, Garnett, whoever, I'd want to win a ring while I could still be a major contributor to my team, rather than hang on yearafter year trying to get one like Gary Payton, Antonie Walker, etc...

If Sixers make the playoffs and Nuggets miss then id laugh, and if i could id laugh in Iversons face.

Originally Posted by DottsBaller5

It's glorified AAU ball.
What do you mean?

You get plenty of highlights between Melo, AI, JR Smith, Kenyon Martin and Marcus Camby, but AAU teams suck at fundamentals like defense, boxing out, andknowing how to run a half court offense exploiting weaknesses in your opponent. What althleticism carries the Nuggets, it also hurts them. It's difficultto put together night after night of consistent scoring, passing, and defense if you're not willing to make sacrifices for your team.

Melo is not a leader. He's a showman. He doesn't see the team picture in the ways and means by which he must attempt to make his teammatesbetter. AI had this exact same problem in Philly.

The Nuggets are a lot like the 03-04 Sonics that won 60 games and did nothing in the playoffs. When you don't play team defense, exploit matchups,patch up your weaknesses, and submit yourself to a coaching strategy, you will lose playoff series.

The Nuggets gave up 135 points to the lowest FG% offense in the NBA. They are my Bulls. Against the Nuggets my Bulls ALL looked like hall of famers. Thatis how bad the Nuggets are at defense. Oh yeah, after that 135 points the Nuggets blew a 23 point lead at Milwaukee. Melo turned it over while falling asleepon an ISO play call in the final minute while protecting a lead.

Nuggets' fans seem to want to blame George Karl. They're wrong and they know it. Karl is just one person that can be replaced for the least amountof financial loss. If you read a Nuggets game thread you will see people say Kenyon Martin is a solid defender. :rolllin That's what an AAU fan wouldsay. Kenyon Martin is an Oompa Loompa that is just a ****** without a Willy Wonka making him famous.

Back
Top Bottom