If the Tea Party was Black...

It all comes down to one word.

FEAR.

Before that word..

I don't hate whites or feel the need to bash them. This is REAL history. Not that crap you learned in school. I'm not racist by any means. So please don't take offense if you're white because I realize that everyone is unique and not generalized to one belief or agenda based solely on their ethnicity.

White people have always felt "entitled" to their own things. That's why they left the monarchy in Europe with hopes of building something of their own. By any means necessary. ANY.

They built this country on the backs of immigrants. This includes Italians, Germans, Blacks, and Latinos. ESPECIALLY blacks. White people went a great length to sail into Africa to grab them and bring them over.

Black people got BIG and SMART and decided, "no more." Cutting slave masters heads' off and raping white women. Slavery abolishment was granted by president Lincoln in hopes that the blacks would just go back to Africa because common sense says that no one wants to be where they're really not wanted. Well, blacks were stronger than anticipated. The plan backfired on a fearful American government. Fear grew.

Whites bought guns, locked their doors, and spread word that the "angry black man" was after them.

Segregation continued until the 1960's when black people began a real revolution against racism and unfairness. Once again, the American government feared that the nation would burn the hell down. So they granted civil rights. Everything eased.

The republican party is just another KKK without the creepy sheets and hood. Pay close attention to their "audience" and "supporters." They all happen to be... uh white. Except for one dude. Michael Steele. Who happens to be the chairman of the GOP. That's weird. Why a black man in a sea of whites? Because of fear. Whites know what happens when they openly express their racism. They've learned how to conceal it. That's why we have a president that is half black and name sounds middle eastern. They want to pacify potential enemies.

It's the whole, "keep your friends close but your enemies even closer" type thing.

It all comes down to one word.

FEAR.

Before that word..

I don't hate whites or feel the need to bash them. This is REAL history. Not that crap you learned in school. I'm not racist by any means. So please don't take offense if you're white because I realize that everyone is unique and not generalized to one belief or agenda based solely on their ethnicity.

White people have always felt "entitled" to their own things. That's why they left the monarchy in Europe with hopes of building something of their own. By any means necessary. ANY.

They built this country on the backs of immigrants. This includes Italians, Germans, Blacks, and Latinos. ESPECIALLY blacks. White people went a great length to sail into Africa to grab them and bring them over.

Black people got BIG and SMART and decided, "no more." Cutting slave masters heads' off and raping white women. Slavery abolishment was granted by president Lincoln in hopes that the blacks would just go back to Africa because common sense says that no one wants to be where they're really not wanted. Well, blacks were stronger than anticipated. The plan backfired on a fearful American government. Fear grew.

Whites bought guns, locked their doors, and spread word that the "angry black man" was after them.

Segregation continued until the 1960's when black people began a real revolution against racism and unfairness. Once again, the American government feared that the nation would burn the hell down. So they granted civil rights. Everything eased.

The republican party is just another KKK without the creepy sheets and hood. Pay close attention to their "audience" and "supporters." They all happen to be... uh white. Except for one dude. Michael Steele. Who happens to be the chairman of the GOP. That's weird. Why a black man in a sea of whites? Because of fear. Whites know what happens when they openly express their racism. They've learned how to conceal it. That's why we have a president that is half black and name sounds middle eastern. They want to pacify potential enemies.

It's the whole, "keep your friends close but your enemies even closer" type thing.

Originally Posted by rashi

Imaginethat hundreds of black protesters were to descend upon Washington DCand Northern Virginia, just a few miles from the Capitol and WhiteHouse, armed with AK-47s, assorted handguns, and ammunition. Andimagine that some of these protesters —the black protesters — spoke ofthe need for political revolution, and possibly even armed conflict inthe event that laws they didn’t like were enforced by the government?
Ugh...Ummmm...Hmph...

6a00d8341c66b253ef0120a55527f7970b-800wi

Um... yeah and look what the government did to them? You think the Government would even come close to killing off one of the tea party members (hint hint the answer is no)?

Imaginethat hundreds of black protesters were to descend upon Washington DCand Northern Virginia, just a few miles from the Capitol and WhiteHouse, armed with AK-47s, assorted handguns, and ammunition. Andimagine that some of these protesters —the black protesters — spoke ofthe need for political revolution, and possibly even armed conflict inthe event that laws they didn’t like were enforced by the government?
Ugh...Ummmm...Hmph...

Um... yeah and look what the government did to them? You think the Government would even come close to killing off one of the tea party members (hint hint the answer is no)?

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

You posted a pic of 8 black guys holding guns on capitol hill.

Bet'cha I can find a hella more white guys holding a hella more guns on capitol hill.

Furthermore, I ask you this--what was the general consensus among the great majority of American concerning the way these black individuals were acting?

That's the difference--

While these tea party folks are viewed as patriotic, the same feelings were not associated with the Black Panthers and other zealous black political groups during their hay-day.

Heck, even the FBI kept a close watch on these black groups. As far as I know, aint no FBI or CIA tracking tea part leaders and/or supporters.

I'd have a hard time believing that the majority of Americans (majority =  >50%) view the Tea Party in a positive sense. 

Bet'cha I can find a hella more white guys holding a hella more guns on capitol hill.

Furthermore, I ask you this--what was the general consensus among the great majority of American concerning the way these black individuals were acting?

That's the difference--

While these tea party folks are viewed as patriotic, the same feelings were not associated with the Black Panthers and other zealous black political groups during their hay-day.

Heck, even the FBI kept a close watch on these black groups. As far as I know, aint no FBI or CIA tracking tea part leaders and/or supporters.

I'd have a hard time believing that the majority of Americans (majority =  >50%) view the Tea Party in a positive sense. 

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Ugh...Ummmm...Hmph...

http://www.history.com/th...-the-black-panther-party

Black Panthers Fred Hampton, 21, and Mark Clark, 22, are gunned down by 14 police officers as they lie sleeping in their Chicago, Illinois, apartment. About a hundred bullets had been fired in what police described as a fierce gun battle with members of the Black Panther Party. However, ballistics experts later determined that only one of those bullets came from the Panthers' side. In addition, the "bullet holes" in the front door of the apartment, which police pointed to as evidence that the Panthers had been shooting from within the apartment, were actually nail holes created by police in an attempt to cover up the attack. Four other Black Panthers were wounded in the raid, as well as two police officers.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Ugh...Ummmm...Hmph...

http://www.history.com/th...-the-black-panther-party

Black Panthers Fred Hampton, 21, and Mark Clark, 22, are gunned down by 14 police officers as they lie sleeping in their Chicago, Illinois, apartment. About a hundred bullets had been fired in what police described as a fierce gun battle with members of the Black Panther Party. However, ballistics experts later determined that only one of those bullets came from the Panthers' side. In addition, the "bullet holes" in the front door of the apartment, which police pointed to as evidence that the Panthers had been shooting from within the apartment, were actually nail holes created by police in an attempt to cover up the attack. Four other Black Panthers were wounded in the raid, as well as two police officers.

I have a soft spot in my heart for anyone, of any ideology who is willing to rebel against an arrogant, centralized and corrupt ruler or power structure. All though I would not want to live under Sharia law, I respect the Taliban for resisting to corrupt Karzai regime in Afghanistan. Despite disagreeing with some of their far left wing tenants, I respect groups like the original Black Panthers and people like Malcolm X, if someone has his boot on your neck you fight back and you resist.

If I can respect and even admire those whose goals with which I disagree, I would be thrilled to see black Americans, en masse, decide that they want smaller and more constrained government and if some of them carry guns, the more the merrier, we may need those guns because their may be time when we cannot fall back on our ballots. The last two administrations have shown a propensity for declaring more and more things national "crises" and "emergencies" and unfortunately, it is possible that the day may come that a well timed emergency will strike and persist before and through election season and beyond.

Hopefully by that point, armed citizens, of all hues, will know what they must do.

I have a soft spot in my heart for anyone, of any ideology who is willing to rebel against an arrogant, centralized and corrupt ruler or power structure. All though I would not want to live under Sharia law, I respect the Taliban for resisting to corrupt Karzai regime in Afghanistan. Despite disagreeing with some of their far left wing tenants, I respect groups like the original Black Panthers and people like Malcolm X, if someone has his boot on your neck you fight back and you resist.

If I can respect and even admire those whose goals with which I disagree, I would be thrilled to see black Americans, en masse, decide that they want smaller and more constrained government and if some of them carry guns, the more the merrier, we may need those guns because their may be time when we cannot fall back on our ballots. The last two administrations have shown a propensity for declaring more and more things national "crises" and "emergencies" and unfortunately, it is possible that the day may come that a well timed emergency will strike and persist before and through election season and beyond.

Hopefully by that point, armed citizens, of all hues, will know what they must do.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

That's the difference--

What's hard to believe?

Fact is, the Tea party of today is viewed in a more tolerable light than the Black Panther Party of yesterday, in the context of then American society.

You know this, and that's the overarching point--that while one group was demonized and vilified (BPP), the other (TPM) is tolerated--at the very least--and praised in a manner befitting heroes--at the very most even though both are doing the exact same thing.

That's the difference--

What's hard to believe?

Fact is, the Tea party of today is viewed in a more tolerable light than the Black Panther Party of yesterday, in the context of then American society.

You know this, and that's the overarching point--that while one group was demonized and vilified (BPP), the other (TPM) is tolerated--at the very least--and praised in a manner befitting heroes--at the very most even though both are doing the exact same thing.

Originally Posted by Gucci Mane

The usual people will claim white people never had an advantage over minorities

Who are these "usual people" you speak of? Can you be more specific?

That's the difference--

What's hard to believe?

Fact is, the Tea party of today is viewed in a more tolerable light than the Black Panther Party of yesterday--and you know this.

You're talking about a majority though. Read my comment again. 

That's the difference--

What's hard to believe?

Fact is, the Tea party of today is viewed in a more tolerable light than the Black Panther Party of yesterday--and you know this.

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

I don't wanna derail the thread but one of them responded already. You can telll who by reading the comments

Originally Posted by Never Seen B4

I don't wanna derail the thread but one of them responded already. You can telll who by reading the comments

That's the difference--

What's hard to believe?

And read mine again.

You're attempting to put words in my mouth.

There's no need for you to extrapolate and/or make assumptions when I'm being lucid in what I'm saying.

The "majority" talk concerns the sentiments surrounding the BPParty during their time.

I never said anything about the "majority" and the "Tea party". You're the one making THAT jump and I beg of you to refrain, so that we don't get into silly exchanges.

That's the difference--

What's hard to believe?

And read mine again.

You're attempting to put words in my mouth.

There's no need for you to extrapolate and/or make assumptions when I'm being lucid in what I'm saying.

The "majority" talk concerns the sentiments surrounding the BPParty during their time.

I never said anything about the "majority" and the "Tea party". You're the one making THAT jump and I beg of you to refrain, so that we don't get into silly exchanges.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

pimp.gif

This man. He speaks the truth.

Back
Top Bottom