If you don't have a top 10 QB, give up

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^Consistency. Despite Eli being pegged as a great playoff Q and clutch, he's been inconsistent his whole career.

this.

getting into the post season in that division is tough enough but then to continue to win... hes elite.period.

same with Rapelessburger even tho i hate him and he stanks

What has Ben done more consistently than Eli, if anything Ben has had far more stability than Eli did the past few years and more was asked of him.....let alone the GMen having one of the younger offenses in the league the past few years (mistake prone, reckless, etc).
I consider myself a Big Ben fan, wanted to see your perspective.

The thing with Big Ben is that you know what you're going to get. I consider him in a grouping with Eli in the second tier among quarterbacks, but for different reasons.

While Ben has the capability to have spectacular games, his style of play doesn't always require him to rise above to a level that Brees, Brady,Rodgers and Peyton are consistently on. So he essentially stays middle of the road.

Eli, on the other hand, is much more hit and miss with his production. When he's bad, he's typically horrible. When he's on, he rivals some of the best QB's in the game. He just doesn't stand pat with that play. That's evident when his team seems to either miss the playoffs or get to the SB. It all comes down to whether Eli is hot or not.

To me, there is a clear difference from the ongoing platform that Brady, Brees, and Rodgers are on that separate them from Eli, Ben, and Rivers.

Didn't Eli lead the NFL in interceptions last year ? That's why he isn't "elite"
laugh.gif

Great quarterback yes. SB champion YES. On TB12/Rodgers level? Nope.

Brady
Rodgers
Vick

Top 3 QB's in the league.

consistency, is that a good thing or bad thing ?

when eli came to this league he was terrible yet he continues to improve every year and he still have a whole career ahead of him with the possibility to win more rings down the road (knocks on wood)

speaking of elite qbs, they lose games too and play bad games every now and then, but when they lose games no one blames them

eli for the most of his career has been chewed out by the media for his losses

Last year Eli's WR's probably led the league in dropped passes and missed balls right in their hands which bounced for INTs, the other half was his fault however. Like I said, leading a young reckless team with lack of ball security (even Bradshaw had fumbling issues), still won 10 games.

Eli is a great QB, don't care about the elite label the media just needs something to talk about (Eli pretty much killed that talk last week when he spoke to the media
laugh.gif
), just like the Peyton Vs Eli nonsense. I'm sure those two could give a rats *%# about that stuff. He'll keep making a name for himself.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Eli is a great QB, don't care about the elite label the media

This right here. Too much emphasis on rankings. It's fun for debate, but in reality it means little.

whether your team is led by a QB who is considered elite and stays consistent with that throughout the whole season or you have a guy like Eli who gets hot at the right time and has the clutch gene in big games to go with it, so long as you get that SB, that's all that matters. Means of doing so not so much.

Back
Top Bottom