IF YOU REALLY LOVE YOUR WIFE/GF AND CAN AFFORD IT...GET HER SOME OF THESE

Originally Posted by scshift

Oh hell naw, if I had a chick I'd get her an ipod or an ipad, you know, something she can actually use. Not some jewelry.

Probably why I don't have a girl. Forever alone also.

frown.gif

Aren't you 18?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Do you think De Beer's doesn't have enough money?

trapped in a wack idea designed by de beers to keep your mental eyelids closed and your eyeballs bulging. /jayelectronica

diamonds are ridiculous.

and op, you can't generalize and say ALL women like diamonds-that is probably the last present i would ever want from somebody i'm dating. #justsaying .
Pretty much summed it up.

and op, you can't generalize and say ALL women like diamonds-that is probably the last present i would ever want from somebody i'm dating. #justsaying .
Came back in to say this. Now we know a lot of women are material based creatures but to say ALL want it, can't agree with that at all man.

SMH @ Dude that bought something for his woman and she lost it in 2 months. Sad.

For dude that bought diamonds for V-Day and X-Mas, so do you keep this trend up?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Came back in to say this. Now we know a lot of women are material based creatures but to say ALL want it, can't agree with that at all man.

SMH @ Dude that bought something for his woman and she lost it in 2 months. Sad.

For dude that bought diamonds for V-Day and X-Mas, so do you keep this trend up?

he was saying she was good gift wise in general until x-mas. not necessarily he's on a schedule of buying her diamonds to keep her happy. at least that's what he made it sound like.

I don't see myself just bending to buy a woman diamonds because "women like diamonds" or "she deserves to show off". If she feels that need or anything close to it she's probably dating the wrong person. If I'm going to buy her something expensive it's probably going to be relevant to her interests or hobbies, like a camera for photography, tickets for sports like kilojules said, or something that would be deeper than flash. if her hobbies are jewelery or coach bags or anytype of product that someone uses to define their status like i said I'm probably dating the wrong person.

However if I ever do buy diamonds it'd be after at least a decade or two of marriage and would be completely random and unexpected by her.

I like how this dude sincerely made this thread like he was droppin knowledge...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What works for you don't work for everybody chum

this....
ohwell.gif

never again
tired.gif

still hot over this.
this is prolly one of the reasons im not with her anymore.
And yes it was my ex-wife.

Bought a diamond bracelet for one of my exes...She never wore it.

It was at that time that I decided that I was done simping until I get married.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

get out your feelings fam...

you to young for all that anyways...play your sports go to your prom and stop worrying about that stuff

i promise when you look back you'll see how dumb it was to be worried about that stuff

I feel like there's so much more I'm missing out on...

Like I'll do kid stuff like lounge around, play some video games, basketball, swim, but at the end of the day I'm just sitting there like "that's it?"

Being a kid is cool in that you don't have a lot of responsibilities, but I'd gladly take on more responsibilities if it meant more freedom and power to do what I wanted. All the kid stuff is fun but when you're done it's like well that was kind of pointless, I want to make progress in my life and know that I'm doing things to better myself, not stay in the same place.
Relish in the fact there isn't a steady build-up of all around "pressure" entering your life, and exploit it. What I mean to say is....

Get into a fight? No worries, your record will be cleared.

Bills? What bills?

*!%!#%% up in High school...?
laugh.gif

Girl problems? You have many years ahead of you to indulge in or worship whatever women you can as a single dude.

compared to being an older person:

Get into a fight? Possible jail-time. Essentially black-listing yourself from many other opportunities.

Bills? All over the *!%!#%% place.

*!%!#%% up in college or on the job? Good luck...RIP

Girl problems? Hope she don't take all your money, spontaneously not "love" you no more

my girlfriend is like a sega dreamcast. i dont have a sega dreamcast.

anywho.......i would not buy that #!@#...dont care for a girl that is in to that stuff. maybe for a girl who i know wouldnt expect it but no thanks.

Originally Posted by culturecarnage

the inexpensive jewelry tarnishes and has to be constantly replaced. if the girls you like are the ones who dont care about makeup of jewelry at all are the ones you like thats fine, although i doubt it. you probably just like it to be far down on the list of things she cares about. personally im not materialistic, they dont have to be diamonds but gold earrings with maybe white sapphires are timeless and i would have forever, i could even give them to my daughter. that seems downright practical to me.

Yeah I know what you mean, certainly more expensive jewelry is more durable. And yeah as long the girl really just doesn't care I'm cool, like she can like them, but she doesn't have to care about them.

It's like how I think about eating expensive meals. Sure, I'll enjoy it and I'd take it if we were going to eat, but I really don't want anyone to be spending that kind of money on food, even for me. You know, like I appreciate it and I enjoy it but I don't really want it.

Besides, I actually don't think jewelry makes women look any better. I think they look better and more approachable when they're not all dressed up.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Relish in the fact there isn't a steady build-up of all around "pressure" entering your life, and exploit it. What I mean to say is....

Get into a fight? No worries, your record will be cleared.

Bills? What bills?

*!%!#%% up in High school...?
laugh.gif

Girl problems? You have many years ahead of you to indulge in or worship whatever women you can as a single dude.

compared to being an older person:

Get into a fight? Possible jail-time. Essentially black-listing yourself from many other opportunities.

Bills? All over the *!%!#%% place.

*!%!#%% up in college or on the job? Good luck...RIP

Girl problems? Hope she don't take all your money, spontaneously not "love" you no more

I feel you. It's just that all the ignorance and lack of responsibility isn't as blissful as I'd think.

There's more in the world I'd like to do but I have to wait. But then again, I really don't have any choices so I might as well just enjoy whatever is going on now.

Simple Answer:   HECK NO.  Too expensive!

The first time I bought a girl diamonds was for X-mas AND her Bday (december bday).  We had been dating for about a year, and I spent a little over $500 for some decent (not outstanding) 0.50cttw diamond stud earrings.  While she wore her diamond studs all the time and really got a ton of use out of it, she did not take great care of it in terms of keeping them polished and clean so that they sparkled.  I didn't buy her diamonds again until I got her an engagement ring, and then the wedding band.  Due to an "incident" with her engagement ring, I have made it CRYSTAL CLEAR that I will not be buying her anymore diamonds, probably until the day I die. 

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

So when I met my girl I was dead broke. Didn't even have clothes really besides a few different outfits. No car. She'd always have to get a cab to see me like almost every day for 2 months and she paid for it every time. She bought me drinks at the bar. Bought me dinner. Didn't care about my money situation at all.

Then I started getting PAID. I had money to blow. So for our anniversary I got her a necklace like this
p5%20heart.jpg
except diamonds all the way around. That cost $400 and I got her some white gold and sapphire studs for $200 cuz her fav color is dark blue. She isn't materialistic at all but she loved the necklace and hasn't taken it off since I gave it to her. She always gets compliments on it and says whenever she looks in the mirror and sees it (which is all the time) she thinks about me and feels naked and like somethings missing without it.
pimp.gif
If you can afford it and you really love the girl then do it.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  Speak on it!!!

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Simple Answer:   HECK NO.  Too expensive!

The first time I bought a girl diamonds was for X-mas AND her Bday (december bday).  We had been dating for about a year, and I spent a little over $500 for some decent (not outstanding) 0.50cttw diamond stud earrings.  While she wore her diamond studs all the time and really got a ton of use out of it, she did not take great care of it in terms of keeping them polished and clean so that they sparkled.  I didn't buy her diamonds again until I got her an engagement ring, and then the wedding band.  Due to an "incident" with her engagement ring, I have made it CRYSTAL CLEAR that I will not be buying her anymore diamonds, probably until the day I die.

What was the "incident" if you don't mind sharing? Was this with your current wife?

It's called Jewelry Insurance guys. You'd be crazy to invest Thou$ands into jewelry and not have it insured. Reputable Insurance companies for jewelry is not even that expensive. I get mine from Jewelers Mutual at the time of purchase for my jewelry...that way it is already certified. It covers lost, theft, and damage.

Back
Top Bottom