If your looking for a hidden gem East-Coast Classic, Click HereVol. Scientifik

This is one of the most slept on albums of 1994 along with others. Boasting production from Rza, Buckwild, Diamond D, Edo G, Vinyl Reanimators and others, "Criminal" certainly serves as a refreshment for those beat junkies that have been fiending for some more of that good ol' boom bap. For those that don't know "Scientifik" was a Boston-bred MC who sadly died in 1998 (apparently, read up about it) and as a consequence, ultimately never got the recognition that he so deserved (That and the fact that the record label experienced financial difficulties around the time this was meant to be released)
Well, as you can probably guess from the title, "Criminal" is a very dark hardcore Hiphop album, consisting of quintessential street-narratives & a fiery delivery that just symbolizes that 1994 Eascoast boombap. Although admittedly, Scientifk is not the very best of lyricists, he sure makes up for it with a flow and delivery that oozes character forcefully shoving those negative opinions onto the hard concrete. However, despite this I would say that the highlight of this 1994 release is definitely the production...flawless. Dark, jazz breaks, hard hitting bass and drums occupy your ears for a good 38 minutes, fans of DITC will love this. Similarly, 10 tracks means straight consistency, just like the ol'school, ensuring that you don't feel you have to reach for that remote every 5 seconds. This is strictly an ESSENTIAL for fans of Early/Mid 90's Underground Eastcoast Hiphop, this will be a great addition to your collection. RIP SCIENTIFIK.

Basically what I feel about this album, I will provide a DL link if you need one. This is almost as essential as Illmatic.

I thought ppl were up on Scientifik. Criminal, The Most Blunted, some joints with Edo G. He had a lot of classic material.

His music was essential East coast hip hop. Basically the epitome of those times. A shame he passed
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom