If your pet caused an accident that killed the person you love most, would you keep it?

I was reading an article on USAToday about a Maltese that was returned to it's owners after missing for a year.  It went missing after it and it's owners were in an accident. Supposedly the accident happened after the dog crawled into the driver's footwell near the pedals, causing the wife to lose control of the vehicle. The father and one of the daughters in the family were killed in the accident. 
Your thoughts?   

An animal doesn't know any better, more than likely at the end of the day is the owners fault....Initially I'd be upset, but I'd realize I could have prevented the incident and it really wasn't my pet's fault.

Idiot owner should have kept the dog in the crate like you are supposed to. Especially something that small. I can't stand these irresponsible little dog owners that keep the dog on their laps/wheels like they aren't easily distracted.

To answer the question, I'd still keep the animal if it was an accident.

Originally Posted by Dragon

yes because killing my pet would bring back my love one. 

Word

However, if my pet were like a highly intelligent monkey, like on Planet of the Apes, or a dolphin, then we would have problems

190254_1300807296539_1721148331_518272_7222995_n.jpg

Originally Posted by ksteezy

An animal doesn't know any better, more than likely at the end of the day is the owners fault....Initially I'd be upset, but I'd realize I could have prevented the incident and it really wasn't my pet's fault.

After reading the title of the thread, I think this is going to be the end of my dog driving me to work.

Thanks, OP.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

After reading the title of the thread, I think this is going to be the end of my dog driving me to work.

Thanks, OP.
I will do whatever it takes to keep my fellow NT'ers safe.  

Sounds like it was the owners fault to me. But if somehow my dog killed a loved one on purpose, I would end it

Depends on how good looking the pet is. If it's an ugly hag like a Pug, then no. If it's beautiful goddess like a Collie, then yes for sure.

-The Juice

I wouldn't kill it, part of owning a pet is understanding that they don't think/communicate like humans do so they won't know any better like ksteezy said. Also, I wouldn't want a dead loved one and a dead pet, cause I know I liked the pet very much too.

reminds me of that thread where dudes dog killed his neighbors cat, and he hid it, then put it at the other neighbors and posted pics on NT

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Back
Top Bottom