I'm about to become a paperboy......edit: nah, +*** that

Originally Posted by rpjgator

2qx9nkj.jpg

get some practice

came to post this but was 6 pages to late

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

I know how it works.. a vet here.

Its mentally brutal because you have to wake up early every single day.  Paperboys do not get any days off, period.  I usually roll in around 2:30 when the truck delivers the papers so I can go home early when my route is finished.  There are some more cons, imagine when it is pouring rain, you need to bag it up.  Or when you receive complaints from your customers for "not receiving" their papers when you know damn well it was on their porch
eyes.gif
.  Because of the complaints, they will take some money out of your paycheck.  Some paper companies might make you add specific advertisements just for that day, and each house you deliver those advertisements, you'll earn a little extra money added to your payroll
laugh.gif

It is going to take longer for you to memorize your route because it is the beginning.  However, after 2-3 weeks in deep you will have the route down on lock.  A lot of things factor in man, for instance a certain house will only want friday, saturday and sunday papers.  While some other houses want it everyday or just sunday only.  Its all memorization and can be jotted down by the 3rd week, guaranteed.   Once you memorize, you'll be breezing through your routes faster than normal.

There are probably more things but can't think of any at the moment.  PM me if you have questions..

so you can deliver papers at that hour? it would be great because I sleep late anyways and I get off from work midnight.

I've been thinking of delivering papers for extra cash.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

I know how it works.. a vet here.

Its mentally brutal because you have to wake up early every single day.  Paperboys do not get any days off, period.  I usually roll in around 2:30 when the truck delivers the papers so I can go home early when my route is finished.  There are some more cons, imagine when it is pouring rain, you need to bag it up.  Or when you receive complaints from your customers for "not receiving" their papers when you know damn well it was on their porch
eyes.gif
.  Because of the complaints, they will take some money out of your paycheck.  Some paper companies might make you add specific advertisements just for that day, and each house you deliver those advertisements, you'll earn a little extra money added to your payroll
laugh.gif

It is going to take longer for you to memorize your route because it is the beginning.  However, after 2-3 weeks in deep you will have the route down on lock.  A lot of things factor in man, for instance a certain house will only want friday, saturday and sunday papers.  While some other houses want it everyday or just sunday only.  Its all memorization and can be jotted down by the 3rd week, guaranteed.   Once you memorize, you'll be breezing through your routes faster than normal.

There are probably more things but can't think of any at the moment.  PM me if you have questions..

so you can deliver papers at that hour? it would be great because I sleep late anyways and I get off from work midnight.

I've been thinking of delivering papers for extra cash.
it depends.  usually they open the doors around 2am for the carriers to chill until the truck comes.  truck usually be in by 2:30, latest is 4am.

this job is not as easy as it seems, you get no holidays off.  think about it, newspapers are published every single day.  and if you decided to "take a break" somebody has to take your route until you can return from your "break".

It's gonna behard learning the names of streets to make my trip faster. I think I'll try and find someone to do a small part of it to save about 1/2 hour of time and slide them $100 a week, or as little as possible
laugh.gif

I wish it was able to be walked or biked so I can hire 2 baseheads or whatever and reap the profits
laugh.gif
. I got ideas brewing though.

Back
Top Bottom